Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

On my way back

Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:22 pm

And that should have been a 6-0 win.

The best I expected from us today was a draw if we were lucky. With that mindset I wanted to see how good James Chester would we after watching him in the Euros 2016 where for me he became that star player out of nowhere.

So when I saw him having a nightmare against Zohore and then seeing their keeper playing a blinder I struggled to work it all out. It is hard to believe that after the first 5 minutes I thought the best I was hoping for was going to be a bridge too far. Villa looked all the favourites for the title. What I did not account for was that we were not in first gear but neutral in those first 5 minutes. As soon as we stepped up to 1st gear we overtook the Villa and left them standing as we hit top gear with 3 goals to the good.

Last week I said our odds will come down soon. I think now they will come tumbling down.

Re: On my way back

Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:32 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:And that should have been a 6-0 win.

The best I expected from us today was a draw if we were lucky. With that mindset I wanted to see how good James Chester would we after watching him in the Euros 2016 where for me he became that star player out of nowhere.

So when I saw him having a nightmare against Zohore and then seeing their keeper playing a blinder I struggled to work it all out. It is hard to believe that after the first 5 minutes I thought the best I was hoping for was going to be a bridge too far. Villa looked all the favourites for the title. What I did not account for was that we were not in first gear but neutral in those first 5 minutes. As soon as we stepped up to 1st gear we overtook the Villa and left them standing as we hit top gear with 3 goals to the good.

Last week I said our odds will come down soon. I think now they will come tumbling down.

Ian, that was a game and a half for City and I think most would have walked away from the CCS absolutely buzzing after that performance. Other than their keeper, we could have had at least 5 or 6 with no exaggeration!

A great day for City and the attending supporters! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:31 am

The morning after and I'm feeling scary about it all.

I'm really struggling to think when we were so positive about the whole situation. We tore the favourites to go up after doing a workman job on the favourites to go down. I don't judge our chances until after 10 games bit this is the first time I feel we will be top then and pushing away. It's not like me to get carried away.

Even going back to the season when we beat West Ham away then the Wurzels at home, Malkys first season with us, we did'nt look this comfortable. When we ran away with the league the following season I don't recall us dominating like that. Of course it is early days and I'm too long in the tooth to totally get carried away but I am feeling like a teenager who knows nothing about life today.

Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:22 am

To be honest I thought most of the keepers stops went strait at him from what I Remeber