' Joe Bennett '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Joe Bennett '

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:21 am

Joe Bennett buzzing

Birmingham Mail

Joe Bennett was rather pleased after Cardiff City's comprehensive victory over Aston Villa.

Bennett took to social media to share his feelings following the 3-0 win over his former club.

The left-back endured a tough time at Villa and left under a cloud last summer after a public Twitter spat with owner Tony Xia.

Bennett was set to join Sheffield Wednesday a year ago, but Xia pulled the plug on the move because he did not want to sell a player to a promotion rival.

Instead Bennett joined Cardiff and the pair exchanged words on social media.

After playing his part in the Bluebirds' win today, Bennett said: "What a win! Won't enjoy a win as much as that one all season."

After drawing at home to Hull City and losing at Cardiff, Villa go in search of their first Championship win of the season at Reading on Tuesday evening to hopefully kickstart their promotion push.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

' Joe Bennett '

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Joe Bennett '

Postby nojac » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:47 am

Well to be honest , the Villa chairman didn't sell Joe Bennett to a rival, we are much better than Villa.
nojac

Postby Blue_Barber » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:53 am

Joe Bennett on twitter is class
Blue_Barber

Postby davids » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:21 am

Forever Blue wrote:Joe Bennett buzzing

Birmingham Mail

Joe Bennett was rather pleased after Cardiff City's comprehensive victory over Aston Villa.

Bennett took to social media to share his feelings following the 3-0 win over his former club.

The left-back endured a tough time at Villa and left under a cloud last summer after a public Twitter spat with owner Tony Xia.

Bennett was set to join Sheffield Wednesday a year ago, but Xia pulled the plug on the move because he did not want to sell a player to a promotion rival.

Instead Bennett joined Cardiff and the pair exchanged words on social media.

After playing his part in the Bluebirds' win today, Bennett said: "What a win! Won't enjoy a win as much as that one all season."

After drawing at home to Hull City and losing at Cardiff, Villa go in search of their first Championship win of the season at Reading on Tuesday evening to hopefully kickstart their promotion push.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Xia pulled the plug on the move to Sheff Weds because he didn't want to sell to a promotion rival! :lol: :lol:

I think you might have done that Mr Xia, except for the fact that Villa won't be challenging anyone for promotion this season! :thumbup: :thumbup:
davids

Postby KavanaghsGreyHair » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:13 pm

Didn't have his best game yesterday. But yes, top lad Joe!
KavanaghsGreyHair

Postby AV3 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:11 am

Actually, the truth is that Wednesday only wanted to loan Bennett (with Villa subsidising his wages).

Xia (quite rightly) told Bennett that he could either take a drop in wages to play football somewhere else or sit and watch from the stands.
Young Nibs said:
Sven I’m not sure if you're stupid or just pretending to be mate!
AV3

Postby KBK-13 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:33 pm

AV3 wrote:Actually, the truth is that Wednesday only wanted to loan Bennett (with Villa subsidising his wages).

Xia (quite rightly) told Bennett that he could either take a drop in wages to play football somewhere else or sit and watch from the stands.

Sounds fair, but I would take Bennett over Neil Taylor every time.
KBK-13

Postby AV3 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:47 pm

In fairness, Neil Taylor has been one of the very few Bruce signings that have been a success. He's seen off Jordan Amavi who has just been sold for £9 million and Ally Cissokho who has also just left.

Bennett was very poor for us in his time here. Albeit, it was in the Prem and he was younger but I doubt you'd get any Villa fan wanting to swap Taylor for Bennett. Bennett probably gets forward better than Taylor does but in terms of actual defending, Taylor is much better.
Young Nibs said:
Sven I’m not sure if you're stupid or just pretending to be mate!
AV3

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:58 pm

I'm a big Bennett fan I think if you want to do well you need at least one full back who ability to go forward.
2blue2handle

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:49 pm

Fulham are trying to sign Bennett, they're in talks with us according to SSN and it wouldn't surprise me if Warnock offloads him to bring a more defensively solid left back in.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:29 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:Joe Bennett on twitter is class

Loves IT ;)
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat