Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BARRY TOWN 1-1 ABERYSTWYTH FT: PROMISING START

Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:24 pm

BARRY TOWN:
What a start from the lads at Jenna Park today, and was so unlucky not to get the 3 points but like they say at least they never lost, Barry Town face another big challenge from rivals TNS next weekend, and for sure that will be huge.

A promising start from the team and without doubt in my mind they will be up there this season.

Re: BARRY TOWN 1-1 ABERYSTWYTH FT: PROMISING START

Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:28 pm

that is a decent result although TNS will be far too strong for barry . was there a good turnout after ?

Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:34 pm

Aberystwyth dominated the majority of the second half but Barry looked comfortable sitting back and soaking up the pressure. Aberystwyth were then awarded a goal which looked nowhere near crossing the line. Barry can feel really hard done by with that decision, but overall I think a draw was a fair result.

I've previously played under Gavin Chesterfield, so I wish him the very best at Barry. He's done a brilliant job for them so far.

Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:35 pm

Good result,Was there a good turn out for there first game back

Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:13 pm

Didn't see the game. Anyone have a link with goals as in was told that Aber's should have been disallowed as kicked out of the GKs hands?

Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:17 pm

Agreed with the statement that Barry were happy to sit back and soak the pressure up, a team with more quality will punish them big time though

Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:31 pm

Ball clearly didn't cross the line, keeper kicked in face, Linesman stuck his flag up & ref signals a goal = farce.
Ref was crap all game, so he was consistent !

About 600 crowd at a guess.

Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:53 pm

barry boy wrote:Ball clearly didn't cross the line, keeper kicked in face, Linesman stuck his flag up & ref signals a goal = farce.
Ref was crap all game, so he was consistent !

About 600 crowd at a guess.

That's not bad, but I thought they might get a few more down their as it's there first game back in the league. Hope they do well for the rest of the season though it's good to see them back.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:24 pm

Actual official Barry attendance was over 900 !,

for a match on a sunday tea time, which is also live on the TV.

the next highest was less than 600 for Bangor at home to TNS.

Barry Town - the club the FAW and South Wales FA wiped off the map.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:05 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Didn't see the game. Anyone have a link with goals as in was told that Aber's should have been disallowed as kicked out of the GKs hands?

It was a perfectly good goal!!! :D ;)

Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:07 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:BARRY TOWN:
What a start from the lads at Jenna Park today, and was so unlucky not to get the 3 points but like they say at least they never lost, Barry Town face another big challenge from rivals TNS next weekend, and for sure that will be huge.

A promising start from the team and without doubt in my mind they will be up there this season.

I started to watch the game but was totally put of by the moronic commentary of the welsh speaking commenters, God dont they ever shut up

Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:25 pm

angelis1949 wrote:

I started to watch the game but was totally put of by the moronic commentary of the welsh speaking commenters, God dont they ever shut up

Didn't think of pushing the red button to switch the commentary to English did you?

Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:13 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:

Didn't think of pushing the red button to switch the commentary to English did you?

You do know im angelus who loves a good moan,but you have to admit they do go on