Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " For the sake of the club let's move on! "

Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:35 pm

For me the rebrand years were awful red scarf night the worst at the club ever I hated it .
Lots of fans embraced it most in fact it hurt to my core .
I personally I'm willing to move on football is brilliant my type of blood and guts old school football no big egos.
We true fans one we got the blue back as well so I've moved on.
If we were still red I'd be the opposite I loved Saturday's game was brilliant to see city play like that as was it brilliant to see the passion of Warnock and Blackwell in the touch line.
In football we can always moan about something debt to equity is my next moan but not yet I'm loving being part of city feels like my club again long may it continue.
Love the bluebirds roll on tomorrow. :bluescarf:

Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:46 pm

Good point every time we make good strides Tan opens his big gob and spoils things, so as you said lets ignore him and move onwards and upwards :bluescarf:

Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:48 pm

valleyrambill wrote:If Tan had not brought up Malky then nothing would have been said its nothing to do with gloom and doom just an annoying statement Tan made that stirred it up

Put it this way if you gave someone £10.5m to buy a specific item and they ended up buying an item which didn't work, I would suspect you would have a beef with that person which wouldn't easily go away especially when you also find out that the person was also sending racist text messages.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:52 pm

brickyblue wrote:For me the rebrand years were awful red scarf night the worst at the club ever I hated it .
Lots of fans embraced it most in fact it hurt to my core .
I personally I'm willing to move on football is brilliant my type of blood and guts old school football no big egos.
We true fans one we got the blue back as well so I've moved on.
If we were still red I'd be the opposite I loved Saturday's game was brilliant to see city play like that as was it brilliant to see the passion of Warnock and Blackwell in the touch line.
In football we can always moan about something debt to equity is my next moan but not yet I'm loving being part of city feels like my club again long may it continue.
Love the bluebirds roll on tomorrow. :bluescarf:

I really can't agree that 'lots' of fans embraced the rebrand, because I have never actually spoken to anyone who wanted us playing in red. There were fans who were labelled 'reluctant reds' (I was one) who put up with the rebrand for the good of the club, but I can assure you they hated playing in red as much as any Bluebirds United member.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:03 pm

bluespeers wrote:Good point every time we make good strides Tan opens his big gob and spoils things, so as you said lets ignore him and move onwards and upwards :bluescarf:

If I could speak face to face with Vincent Tan I would suggest to him that for the good of the club it would be best if he never referred to MM and his total incompetence in the transfer market again.

However, I can understand his perspective that someone he trusted turned out to have racist views (Tan is not a white man remember) and he also blew a hefty amount of his personal fortune in the transfer market on some very shit players the pinnacle being £7.5m transfer fee and £45kpw on a player who only contributed less than one game to our PL season and was then described by MM as a 'project' and 'one for the future' :banghead:

If someone did something similar to your personal finances and then made offensive remarks in text messages about your race I'm sure you would also be spitting feathers even 4 years later.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:17 pm

Let's just say Malky won us a trophy winning the Championship and got us to the Carling cup final. But yeah he was a shit manager. Yes he cocked up with some signings what manager doesn't ? Maybe Cornelius would of turned out ok given time ? We won't ever know but he is banging in the goals now, and any owner or CEO should of given this signing the ok. 45K a week if I was the owner I would of wanted to see the proof of it being the best for the club.
Malky had his faults plenty of them but he also had à hell of a lot of pluses. Same as any manager. Now let's get back to that fantastic feel good factor of Neil's team and let's get behind the team.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:53 am

The sooner Tan goes the better. He brought up the Malky business and now talks about promotion after two wins in the league.
I don't think he's learnt anything from the past and could be creating hype just to raise the price of our club on the market.
He would definitely sell at the right price, let's be under no illusions.
He's got no real passion or commitment.
He's better off staying away.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:58 am

bluemun wrote:The sooner Tan goes the better. He brought up the Malky business and now talks about promotion after two wins in the league.
I don't think he's learnt anything from the past and could be creating hype just to raise the price of our club on the market.

:lol: whos going to fund us if he goes ?

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:06 am

wez1927 wrote:
bluemun wrote:The sooner Tan goes the better. He brought up the Malky business and now talks about promotion after two wins in the league.

:lol: whos going to fund us if he goes ?

Maybe a Spanish based individual with his very own message board. We'll call him Annis A to protect his identity :lol: :lol: :lol: