Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" For the sake of the club let's move on! "

Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:44 am

" For the sake of the club let's move on! "

On Saturday I walked out of the ground with my 3 boys as high as the proverbial kite after a superb performance against moneybags Villa. I then start reading arguments on here between the 2 factions of fans over Tan's interview and it's all doom and gloom.

For a club to be successful it needs everybody to be united from the board to the team to the fans. The team is clearly that as they are playing for one another and for Neil Warnock. Look at Villa, Sunderland and Blackpool, as examples of clubs in turmoil.

I'm not going to go into a long post about Tan's mistakes or those of Malky, Slade and Trollope, as the post would be like War and bloody Peace.

All I will say is that everybody needs to move on from rebrand, Malky and what Tan said on Saturday. I can't stand VT but let's ignore him and concentrate on getting behind Neil Warnock and his fantastic squad.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=187003
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: For the sake of the club let's move on!

Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:20 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:On Saturday I walked out of the ground with my 3 boys as high as the proverbial kite after a superb performance against moneybags villa. I then start reading arguments on here between the 2 factions of fans over Tan's interview and it's all doom and gloom.

For a club to be successful it needs everybody to be united from the board to the team to the fans. The team is clearly that as they are playing for one another and for war nock. Look at villa, Sunderland and Blackpool,as examples of clubs in turmoil.

I'm not going to go into a long post about Tan's mistakes or those of Malky, Slade and Trollope as the post would be like war and bloody peace.

All I will say is that everybody needs to move on from rebrand , Malky and what tan said on Saturday. I can't stand vt but let's ignore him and concentrate on getting behind Neil Warnock and his fantastic squad.

Well said mate.
Whoever was at fault and whatever our feelings about the past, we should now move on.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:28 am

100% agree...Tan has got a major and personal problem with Malky and it looks like for whatever reason the Cornelius transfer is at the hub of it.

I don't like Tan and never will...but whether we like it or not he keeps our club afloat.

For the first time in years the team, management and supporters are all pulling together and what an impact that is having on the pitch.

So let Tan have his rant and let's carry on supporting the team home and away, because this team is capable of a top 6 finish and who knows maybe even higher

Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:49 am

Top post. Loved Saturday atmosphere was superb and for the first time in a long time am buzzing and looking forward to the next game. We have a manager who is pulling the club together and players who are playing for each other. Time for the fans to move on and do our part. Roll on tomorrow. Bluebirds bluebirds

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:34 am

There is absolutely no need to go over old ground now.

We all have opinions and pains on our recent history -

We have a chance now to unite and be as one

Let's roll with it and put bitterness in the bin -

I've been on holiday, missed the craic at Burton, the match v Villa and the buzz that's been created.

There's no cracks to paper over, everyone knows where the club stands and how the team squad has been assembled.

(Our 2 nose pensive signings both on bench v Villa! - shows a squad ready to battle)

Most of the players, staff and NW weren't here in the dark days, so why do they deserve the gloom cast???

Our duty as fans is to is to get behind what is in front of us (not what is behind us)

Neil Warnocks Barmy Army

:bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:43 am

I was a little bit sad to hear Vincent still going on about A-Corn after all those years have passed. Would I be right in saying that the interviews were done before the game? I wonder if he would have still brought up the past if the interviews were done after the game. He has made massive mistakes and tried his best to rectify them. He is still bank rolling us so we have to respect him for that. We need to put the past in the past and move forward together. We have just witnessed a great home display against one of the favorites for the league. We should all be smiling at that and pulling in the same direction. :bluescarf:

Re: " For the sake of the club let's move on! "

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:58 am

Well said mate, Tan needs to rally around Warnock and keep the past to himself and get us all together, he has to forget his ego :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:01 am

I sold a car once to a friend for £300 (over 20 years ago) and he paid me £25 a month . Well getting the last £50 of him was murder,I let him off with it in the end. Still rankles and hurts me now, thinking about it. This was someone I trusted and called a friend. I still fetch it up ,to this day and that was only £50 ;)

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:23 am

I hated the rebrand and therefore have never been a fan of Tan. However, I'm not particularly a Malky supporter either, though kudos to him for getting us promoted.

However, I think we all believe we could be on the brink of a new dawn at the City with an unbelievable manager at the helm. In which case what a pity if we sour that experience before it begins. Like it or not we need Tan and his support. He's given us the blue back and he's given us Warnock. Ok if he's still got a few issues with past members of staff, what the hell, let's show him we are all bigger than that and we can forgive and forget and move on. Whatever we feel about the man personally and whatever he says I'm sure that for the sake of unity and success we can all mutter under our breath and not make disparaging remarks on a message board. That will show we are better than him and might signal the end of all this.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:32 am

grange_end1927 wrote:Well said mate, Tan needs to rally around Warnock and keep the past to himself and get us all together, he has to forget his ego :ayatollah:

:thumbup:

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:39 am

Well said - to the future! :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:10 am

Well the club itself as moved on! As for fans it's up to individuals to make their own decisions regarding club /tan, anyway they are only opinions being expressed between fans like any other topic like politics ect ect. :thumbup:

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:22 am

I once met a 15 year old child in Kosovo who cried through happiness when I handed him a set of trainers because he had never owned any before. This same child was left orphaned after both his parents were killed in conflict. I hated the red as much as anyone, but in the grand scheme - especially considering all the good Tan has done since - I'm more than able to forgive and forget.

The atmosphere and vibe on Saturday was the best I've experienced in many years and the crowd had a massive bearing on the result. Let's keep it going!

Great post by the OP! :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:23 am

Gareth, I 100% Agree, We should All unite and back Neil Warnock and our team, good or bad results :thumbright: :ayatollah:
It's the first time that I have been this excited for years :thumbright: :bluebird:

We should put our differences to one side and at matches be fully behind the Mighty Bluebirds :ayatollah:

What's happened is there for ever and can't be taken away and many still hurt and can't forget, but it gets us all No where going on and on about the same old stuff, So starting with the Top to the bottom let's be united and stop stirring the old stuff up.

But this is a Fans forum and healthy debates/ opinions should continue as long as No personal stuff and belittling etc :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:12 am

I haven't heard anything about it on here before tan, it's tan that's clearly still got sour grapes. Of course if our owners Guna drag shit back up it's guna cause a stir.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:04 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:100% agree...Tan has got a major and personal problem with Malky and it looks like for whatever reason the Cornelius transfer is at the hub of it.

I don't like Tan and never will...but whether we like it or not he keeps our club afloat.

For the first time in years the team, management and supporters are all pulling together and what an impact that is having on the pitch.

So let Tan have his rant and let's carry on supporting the team home and away, because this team is capable of a top 6 finish and who knows maybe even higher

Well said and more less how I view it. VT is sinking his cash into this club to keep us afloat, which is his contribution towards great days like last Saturday, Malky MacKay doesn't put any money into this club and does another job elsewhere. So if our owner wants to slag him and ex-managers off then he has the right to do so as far as I'm concerned although ultimately it's not really any of my business.

What is my business is the welfare of CCFC and therefore I agree with the OP that it is time to forget previous managers and concentrate on the here and now.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Gareth, I 100% Agree, We should All unite and back Neil Warnock and our team, good or bad results :thumbright: :ayatollah:
It's the first time that I have been this excited for years :thumbright: :bluebird:

We should put our differences to one side and at matches be fully behind the Mighty Bluebirds :ayatollah:

What's happened is there for ever and can't be taken away and many still hurt and can't forget, but it gets us all No where going on and on about the same old stuff, So starting with the Top to the bottom let's be united and stop stirring the old stuff up.

But this is a Fans forum and healthy debates/ opinions should continue as long as No personal stuff and belittling etc :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Great post Annis and remember one day Tan will leave the club and we can then have a real warts and all debate over his legacy. In the meantime if Tan and MM wish to bitch at each other that's their business and none of ours.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:11 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Gareth, I 100% Agree, We should All unite and back Neil Warnock and our team, good or bad results :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Great post Annis and remember one day Tan will leave the club and we can then have a real warts and all debate over his legacy. In the meantime if Tan and MM wish to bitch at each other that's their business and none of ours.

Cheers Tony :thumbright: if Tan just keeps quite and gets on with our current situation and supports Warnock, for now that will do me this season :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Cheers Tony :thumbright: if Tan just keeps quite and gets on with our current situation and supports Warnock, for now that will do me this season :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

I agree in a perfect world it would be helpful for both sides to keep their dispute out of the public domain. :thumbup:

Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:24 pm

This very post perpetuates the arguments. Let's remove it, if we're serious about putting it behind us.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:39 pm

You have to remember this is Tans first visit here for 2 years so questions from press were bound to be going over old ground.

I personally feel he can say what he wants about the "idiot" as if someone shafted me out of £10m Id be a bit wound up too.

At the end of the day it was great to have VT back, long may it continue.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 pm

A lot of our fans love to look back, if it aint Sam, its Malky or if it aint Malky is Tan etc If people can find a reason to moan then they will.

Personally im happy to look forward and im happy with how things are, debt being reduced, a manager who is doing well and a team performing. :bluebird: Im happy for it all to stay as it is

Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:16 pm

2blue2handle wrote:A lot of our fans love to look back, if it aint Sam, its Malky or if it aint Malky is Tan etc If people can find a reason to moan then they will.

Personally im happy to look forward and im happy with how things are, debt being reduced, a manager who is doing well and a team performing. :bluebird: Im happy for it all to stay as it is

To be fair the fans are only looking back as far as Saturday. It was Mr Tan who brought this up on the weekend and not the fans. As far as I can see the fans are mainly discussing what Tan spoke about the day before yesterday. A few people chatting about his comments on a forum are not going to have any effect on what happens on the pitch. Can see by reading this thread that people have different opinions, and nothing wrong with that, only to be expected on a football forum. Personally, I could'nt care less how they feel towards one another, but I still find the views on here interesting and a good read until tomorrow comes around when hopefully we will all be talking about the Sheff Utd match.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:41 pm

Well said Gareth I purposely did not get involved in the bickering by the same usual suspects that keep saying they don't understand why we are covering old ground whilst constantly putting post after post on the subject.
For me Saturday was all about Neil Warnock and his team and the fans that roared the team to victory and NOBODY else.
For me Tan being there didn't interest me and it does not now.
So tomorrow we will be roaring the team on again.
NEIL WARNOCKS BARMY ARMY !!

Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:42 pm

Looks like they have
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:54 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:A lot of our fans love to look back, if it aint Sam, its Malky or if it aint Malky is Tan etc If people can find a reason to moan then they will.

To be fair the fans are only looking back as far as Saturday. It was Mr Tan who brought this up on the weekend and not the fans. As far as I can see the fans are mainly discussing what Tan spoke about the day before yesterday. A few people chatting about his comments on a forum are not going to have any effect on what happens on the pitch. Can see by reading this thread that people have different opinions, and nothing wrong with that, only to be expected on a football forum. Personally, I could'nt care less how they feel towards one another, but I still find the views on here interesting and a good read until tomorrow comes around when hopefully we will all be talking about the Sheff Utd match.

Spot on Steve :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:29 pm

Hi Guys,
I've not really followed all this thread, but it seems to me that the quotes/replies about Milky have been prompted from the journalist. FFS let's all get over it. We have plenty of sh@t owners who have ripped the club & supporters off. In my time from Dewey, it really goes down from there. Just get together. God knows we could actually get somewhere.q

Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:54 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

My comments aren't ain't particularly about the Tan interview, more general notice that it doesn't take long for our fans to look for a reason to have a dig at Tan. There is a common undertone to a lot of posts on here that Tan can do no right and Malky and Sam do no wrong. I think if more people pulled in the same direction it would be a better club for the fans.

I never said it would effect the players on the pitch I don't think the players care about forums to much. It would just be nice if fans looked forward for a change rather than looking back.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:58 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

My comments aren't ain't particularly about the Tan interview, more general notice that it doesn't take long for our fans to look for a reason to have a dig at Tan. There is a common undertone to a lot of posts on here that Tan can do no right and Malky and Sam do no wrong. I think if more people pulled in the same direction it would be a better club for the fans.

I never said it would effect the players on the pitch I don't think the players care about forums to much. It would just be nice if fans looked forward for a change rather than looking back.

:thumbup:

Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:59 pm

If Tan had not brought up Malky then nothing would have been said its nothing to do with gloom and doom just an annoying statement Tan made that stirred it up