Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I thought Whittingham was class...

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:21 am

And was so sorry to see him leave us. A true City legend.
But he would have struggled with the system we played on Saturday which was based on pace and closing down the opposition. I feel that core fitness and hard work are a pre requisite to NWs style of play.

Re: I thought Whittingham was class...

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:43 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:And was so sorry to see him leave us. A true City legend.
But he would have struggled with the system we played on Saturday which was based on pace and closing down the opposition. I feel that core fitness and hard work are a pre requisite to NWs style of play.

Judging by Blackburn fans' view of Whittingham early doors on their forums it was definitely the right time to let him go. Saturday's game would have passed him by. We now have several class players in the squad.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:50 am

City Slicker wrote:

Judging by Blackburn fans' view of Whittingham early doors on their forums it was definitely the right time to let him go. Saturday's game would have passed him by. We now have several class players in the squad.

What did their fans say mate?

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:51 am

City Slicker wrote:

Blackburn's fans only stating the blindly obvious, it has been evident for the last two years that Whittingham's talents have been on the wane. Many Cardiff fans have refused to recognise his lack of physical capabilities and the required desire and heart needed for a midfield player in the Championship.

League One will expose these frailties in even more cruelly. One Blackburn fan summed it up perfectly when he stated that his lack of pace was evident as was the impression that he couldn't care less.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:06 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

A consensus that he is peripheral to a game and so far a poor signing. In all fairness early days yet but League 1 is fast moving so I can well understand how he could be hurried and scurried out of a game. However I have never subscribed to him being lazy or apathetic. I always believed he gave of his best and I wish him luck at Blackburn.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:09 am

City Slicker wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

A consensus that he is peripheral to a game and so far a poor signing. In all fairness early days yet but League 1 is fast moving so I can well understand how he could be hurried and scurried out of a game. However I have never subscribed to him being lazy or apathetic. I always believed he gave of his best and I wish him luck at Blackburn.

Thanks mate. I agree with your thoughts.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:22 pm

It was obvious he wasn't going to fit into our new style of play, I had no issue with the club letting him go.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:33 pm

I read a report that Tony Mowbray said that Blackburn Rovers 'big guns' failed to turn up in last weeks defeat @ Southend.

Now that's a quote made for some of Peter Whittingham's performances over the years. :o

Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:40 pm

He was class in his day, but hasn't put a shift in for a long time and has been a passenger in most games.

If we wanted to go anywhere we needed a fresh outlook and this was part of it.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:59 pm

RYANBLUE wrote:He was class in his day, but hasn't put a shift in for a long time and has been a passenger in most games.

If we wanted to go anywhere we needed a fresh outlook and this was part of it.

Agree

Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:30 pm

Said could for said for JT for Villa, he just didnt look as though he was bothered at all.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:58 pm

he still has a killer delivery from set-plays :ayatollah: i'm sure he will come good :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:55 pm

City Slicker wrote:

really..what exactly have they been saying.?

Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:00 pm

dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

It would take me from now until the Wolves game to write down every word so why don't you look it up yourself if you're curious?

Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:11 pm

City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

It would take me from now until the Wolves game to write down every word so why don't you look it up yourself if you're curious?

i had done found nothing but thought maybe id missed something. :lol: :lol:

Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:18 pm

dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

You obviously have then! No worries I'm sure you'll get another opportunity, chin up!

Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:30 pm

All you whitingham knockers are now the forum idiots who no nothing about football
Welcome to the club
I've been a member for quite some time in fact 2 full seasons :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: that's been me for two years

Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:54 pm

Thank God the season is 46 games and not 2. 10 years service and we can't wait to slate him - what great fans we are. Cardiff City legend, 2 games into a struggling club; give the guy a chance! Unless of course you'd like to be judged after 2 days in a new job????

Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:08 pm

JamieCCFC90 wrote:Thank God the season is 46 games and not 2. 10 years service and we can't wait to slate him - what great fans we are. Cardiff City legend, 2 games into a struggling club; give the guy a chance! Unless of course you'd like to be judged after 2 days in a new job????

I'm certainly not slating him, merely pointing out that our way of playing (Saturday) would not have suited him. I also said that he was a legend for our club.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:18 pm

City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

You obviously have then! No worries I'm sure you'll get another opportunity, chin up!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:15 pm

dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Great to see you have recovered. I was getting worried about you, thank goodness I can sleep tonight! Keep taking the pills son!

Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:32 pm

See this idea that without pace your nothing is so far wrong it's hilarious. Due to his lack of pace, a player like whitts would be used best as a playmaker in front of the back four, dictating the pace of the game, mcphail had some of his best performances in that position for us,

It's the same role as a juve Pirlo. Don't have to move much, just dictate the play

Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:58 am

bluebird04 wrote:See this idea that without pace your nothing is so far wrong it's hilarious. Due to his lack of pace, a player like whitts would be used best as a playmaker in front of the back four, dictating the pace of the game, mcphail had some of his best performances in that position for us,

It's the same role as a juve Pirlo. Don't have to move much, just dictate the play

I don't necessarily disagree mate, just saying PW would have struggled the way we played Saturday.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:54 am

Peter whittingham has been a legend but his time was up ,he's just not got it anymore hes struggling in league one