Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

New Signings

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:35 am

Just a thought. Given our wonderful start to the season and with quality on the bench, not to mention players like Paterson and Healey to come, does anyone think we need any more signings before deadline day, and, if so, where do we need strengthening?

Re: New Signings

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:36 am

City Slicker wrote:Just a thought. Given our wonderful start to the season and with quality on the bench, not to mention players like Paterson and Healey to come, does anyone think we need any more signings before deadline day, and, if so, where do we need strengthening?

Another striker and midfielder would be nice

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:48 am

wez1927 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:Just a thought. Given our wonderful start to the season and with quality on the bench, not to mention players like Paterson and Healey to come, does anyone think we need any more signings before deadline day, and, if so, where do we need strengthening?

Yes I wouldn't say no to those either. If he managed to shift Noone, Pilkington and John I think Warnock may bring in a couple more near deadline day just as insurance. A couple of bright, up and coming Premier loanees might be interesting.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:52 am

City Slicker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Yes I wouldn't say no to those either. If he managed to shift Noone, Pilkington and John I think Warnock may bring in a couple more near deadline day just as insurance. A couple of bright, up and coming Premier loanees might be interesting.

Agree young hungry players wanting to show what they can do

Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:00 am

getting a striker, especially one on loan from the premier league is going to be difficult.

we cant promise anyone games and zohore is 100% number 1 right now.

When is Healey going to be back?

Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:08 am

We need a CM badly IMO because Ralls isn't up to much.

Didn't go to the Villa game I heard he was decent so can't really judge based on that.
For me he isn't consistent enough so I'd bring in someone to cover Damour and ralls which gives Tomlin the nod.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:09 am

Central midfield for me, need some quality cover long season a few injurys and we could struggle, I don't mind loanees as long as the parent club are not demanding they start week in week out

Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:49 am

we're lacking a big, strong forward just incase something happens to zohore and ward does not fit that role. midfield was my biggest concern but after seeing damour, i wouldn't be too disappointed if we don't see more additions there.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:53 am

Defensive central midfield. Cover or competition for Gunnar.

I am not sure we have a genuine defensive midfielder, Gunnar does the role but he can also cover the two more tradition CM roles. I am not sure if Damour can, I seriously doubt Ralls can (effectively).

I believe if we got a top end championship standard DM, Gunnar would be more effective as I still see him as a tradition CM.

Other than that we'd have a very effective 18 man squad (which is the number Warnock has said works for him) with a few promising youngsters in the U21 squad

Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:54 am

bluebadger wrote:we're lacking a big, strong forward just incase something happens to zohore and ward does not fit that role. midfield was my biggest concern but after seeing damour, i wouldn't be too disappointed if we don't see more additions there.

Mendez-Liang ????

Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:08 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
bluebadger wrote:we're lacking a big, strong forward just incase something happens to zohore and ward does not fit that role. midfield was my biggest concern but after seeing damour, i wouldn't be too disappointed if we don't see more additions there.

Mendez-Liang ????

Yet to see him play striker but i'd rather somebody whos a natural in that position. Probably still much better option than pilks though.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:28 am

paulh_85 wrote:getting a striker, especially one on loan from the premier league is going to be difficult.

we cant promise anyone games and zohore is 100% number 1 right now.

When is Healey going to be back?

I heard Healey may be back around Christmas. Warnock was saying a 6 month loan deal for a similar type of player would be perfect so we may see that.