BREAKING WARNOCK CONFIRMS BENNETT/NOW UP TO BENNETT

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:01 pm

' UPDATED '

The big news as far as the Bluebirds are concerned, Neil Warnock has confirmed that Fulham have entered talks with the club over a potential deal for left-back Joe Bennett, talks continue today.

16/08/17

Warnock has stressed Bennett – who has a release clause in his contract – was not guaranteed to leave and missed Tuesday night's win over Sheffield United with a calf injury.

“I've spoken to him tonight and they are talking to our people,” Warnock said of Fulham's interest in the former Aston Villa man. “I'm not aware of anything definite, but I think he has a buy-out clause in his contract so it's up to them to meet it, and if they do they're entitled to talk to him. It doesn't mean he's going anywhere, mind.”

15/08/17

Warnock confirms Fulham have held talks with Joe Bennett and the player has a release clause
So it's up to the player if Fulham activate it

The Cardiff City Committee did this contract,No one else.

' UPDATED '

Sky Sports are saying we are now in talks

15/08/17

According to sky sports talks now taking place between City and Fulham over transfer

Sky Sports News

Sky Sports journalist Lyall Thomas has revealed that Fulham have turned to Cardiff City left back Joe Bennett as they seek to replace Scott Malone, who has left the club to join Premier League new-boys Huddersfield Town.

The main stumbling block for Fulham will be persuading him to leave Cardiff, but Fulham manager Jokanovic will be hopeful that he can persuade the Englishman that his prospects of promotion are greater in West London than in South Wales and Jokanovic has the money available.

14/08/17

' Big Bid expected by fellow Championship Club 4 Joe Bennett '

Fulham are interested in signing a left-back and have Cardiff's Joe Bennett on the top of their list.

Fulham have already had a scout watching Bennett on two occasions this season and have the money available to bid for him.

Warnock has put a lot of faith in Joe Bennett and won't want to see Bennett leave the City.
Attachments
20882511_1447182885358066_6097725855407690479_n.jpg
20882511_1447182885358066_6097725855407690479_n.jpg (29.1 KiB) Viewed 17373 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Big Bid expected by fellow Championship Club 4 Joe Benne

Postby DEANO » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:05 pm

backward step for him
DEANO

Postby paulh_85 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:28 pm

no need to sell so we wont
paulh_85

Postby GrangeEndStar » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:32 pm

Speaking to a Fulham fan yesterday and he was saying that they have a very small squad which urgently needs adding too before the inevitable injuries happen. I hope Bennett stays, he's in a great position now under NW.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:36 pm

Backward step but every player has his price.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:42 pm

Sky Sports journalist Lyall Thomas has revealed that Fulham have turned to Cardiff City left back Joe Bennett as they seek to replace Scott Malone, who has left the club to join Premier League new-boys Huddersfield Town.

14/08/17

The main stumbling block for Fulham will be persuading him to leave Cardiff, but Fulham manager Jokanovic will be hopeful that he can persuade the Englishman that his prospects of promotion are greater in West London than in South Wales and Jokanovic has the money available.

The departure of Malone, as well as the emergence of Ryan Sessegnon as an increased threat when pushed forward and playing on the left wing has made Cottagers boss Slavisa Jokanovic dip into the market to bolster his options at left back.

Thomas suggests that Bennett is in Jokanovic’s sights, although he might have a fight on his hands, as Bennett is clearly a part of Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock’s plans for the forthcoming season, as he has started both of Cardiff’s two league matches so far – which they have won without conceding a goal, to go top of the league, against Burton Albion and Aston Villa.

27-year-old Bennett has plenty of experience in the second tier, having made 154 appearances in the Championship, across spells at Middlesbrough, with whom he started his career, Brighton and Hove Albion, Sheffield Wednesday, as well as Cardiff.

Those outings saw Bennett find the back of the net on 5 occasions, and lay on an assist for a team mate a further seven times and he also has experience in the Premier League, which is of course where Fulham are aiming to end up at the end of the season.

Bennett has made 31 top flight appearances, the majority of which came with Aston Villa.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby langstoneBlue » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:21 pm

I love how the writer assumes the biggest problem is convincing him to join! I would like to think a bigger one would be getting us to accept their offer! If they got £5m for Malone - Bennett would be worth 8-10m to us easy!
langstoneBlue

Postby Salty68 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:30 pm

I can't see this one happening. We know who needs to be off loaded and JB isn't one of them.
Salty68

Postby Nuclearblue » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:44 pm

He would be mad to leave now and I expect he knows that and will stay. But money talks and Jizz can fill in. But hope he stays
Nuclearblue

Postby nojac » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:52 pm

Got to be £10m at least, the way transfers are going at the moment.
But I'd like to think he's not for sale :)
nojac

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:57 pm

A decision for Warnock I think.I think we will part company but it would have to be for what we call silly money.I think if they bid 5m we'll find it hard to say no.
Sneggyblubird

Postby norms76 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:13 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:A decision for Warnock I think.I think we will part company but it would have to be for what we call silly money.I think if they bid 5m we'll find it hard to say no.

We refused big money for Morrison so I'm hoping it'll be the same for Joe. He's the best LB we've had in many a year and the defence we have at the moment is probably one of the best in the Championship.
norms76

Postby bluebadger » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:24 pm

Seems like he's happy here and I don't want to see him leave. Although patterson is close to recovery and can't forget connolly either so if the price is fair and agree with other 10m then I wouldn't complain.
bluebadger

Postby boyo1927 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:39 pm

6m I would sell as long as all the money is given to Warnock
boyo1927

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:39 pm

nojac wrote:Got to be £10m at least, the way transfers are going at the moment.

Highly unlikely to offer anywhere hear £10 million...if they do snap there hands off

More likely to be about 2-3 million in which case we would hopefully turn that down
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:26 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

Highly unlikely to offer anywhere hear £10 million...if they do snap there hands off

More likely to be about 2-3 million in which case we would hopefully turn that down

I agree Fulham wouldn't sell Scott Malone for £5m and then look to sign a replacement for more than that. They probably think a bid of £2-3m will see us bite their hands off, which of course won't happen (hopefully)
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:30 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

I agree Fulham wouldn't sell Scott Malone for £5m and then look to sign a replacement for more than that. They probably think a bid of £2-3m will see us bite their hands off, which of course won't happen (hopefully)

Be interesting to know what Cardiff's valuation of him is, and as said earlier, I am sure he will go if a club offers the right money for him. Big debts to clear mean all our players would probably be available if the price is right.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:38 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

Be interesting to know what Cardiff's valuation of him is, and as said earlier, I am sure he will go if a club offers the right money for him. Big debts to clear mean all our players would probably be available if the price is right.

Well Tan has stated he never falls in love with business interests and that includes Joe Bennett ;) so if the price is right..
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Llantwit Blue » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:38 pm

He was renting a house off a friend of mine in Bridgend, just moved into his new house and I believe he is very happy here.

But all factors as we know can come into play, player wants move (Signing on fee) manager (Warnock) wants the deal done for whatever reason, my feeling is we don't need to sell and the player doesn't want the move, guess we will see.
Llantwit Blue

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:43 pm

Llantwit Blue wrote:He was renting a house off a friend of mine in Bridgend, just moved into his new house and I believe he is very happy here.

But all factors as we know can come into play, player wants move (Signing on fee) manager (Warnock) wants the deal done for whatever reason, my feeling is we don't need to sell and the player doesn't want the move, guess we will see.

All indications would point to us turning down any bid, so unless Bennett wants to go I would suggest no deal
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby nubbsy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:46 pm

Can't see this happening without a 'silly' bid.
nubbsy

Postby Always Blue » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:53 pm

Bennett out Greg Cunningham in?
ONCE A BLUE ALWAYS A BLUE
Always Blue

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:11 pm

Time for a Joe Bennett tweet me thinks ;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby LPB » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:31 pm

He is regularly caught out of position - opposition team di very well on the right hand side when he plays. Elmahamidy (however it's spelt) was getting past him on a regular basis before his injury on Saturday.

Could be a good sell for city.
LPB

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:36 pm

Fulham are in talks with Cardiff City over a potential deal to sign left-back Joe Bennett from the Welsh club, while Bordeaux’s Maxime Poundje is also an option.

Fulham want to sign a left-back and Bennett, 27, could follow in the footsteps of Scott Malone, who moved to Craven Cottage from Cardiff a year ago.
Fulham sold Malone to Huddersfield earlier this summer and are looking to bring in a replacement before the transfer window closes.

Bennett made 25 appearances for Cardiff last season after being signed from Aston Villa.

He joined Villa from Middlesbrough in 2012 and made 32 league appearances during his four-year spell with the Midlands club.

A deal for Poundje, 24, was agreed in principle when Fulham also struck a deal with Bordeaux for Diego Rolan.
Uruguay striker Rolan has since stalled over a move in the hope a Premier League club comes in for him.

And while Poundje, a Cameroon international, remains a possible signing for the Whites, they will opt for Bennett if an agreement can be reached with Cardiff.

Meanwhile, Fulham are in discussions with Burton, who want to re-sign Cauley Woodrow on loan.
TopCat CCFC

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:50 pm

According to sky sports talks now taking place between City and Fulham over transfer

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: CONFIRMED:FULHAM IN TALKS WITH CARDIFF OVER JOE BENNETT

Postby KavanaghsGreyHair » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:24 pm

£5m, I think we'd take it.
Would be unfortunate, but have to deal with it.
KavanaghsGreyHair

Postby Pulisnewport » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:55 pm

Great way to try and gain the fans back!

They wonder why we don't renew or want season tickets hmmm Zohore next
Pulisnewport

Postby gwentbluebirds » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:47 am

That's the problem now the more our players perform the more clubs will look at them. Hope he stays I like and rate him.
gwentbluebirds

Postby fred keenor » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:17 am

This really does not make sense, we should be making sure nothing disrupts the confidence of the team.
The only other reason did we plan on getting monies from pilks Noone and john and their wages off the books and we are close to FPP rules,
Only at cardiff, feel good factor coming back then we sell our best left back.
fred keenor

Next

Return to General Chat