BREAKING WARNOCK CONFIRMS BENNETT/NOW UP TO BENNETT

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BREAKING WARNOCK CONFIRMS BENNETT/NOW UP TO BENNETT

Postby dogfound » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:12 pm

Igovernor wrote:As I stated earlier, if the clubs are in talks then the clause is one where Fulham can talk to him but £2m is just a starting point for negotiations, so we don't have to accept that figure :thumbup:

what would be the point of contract/wage negotiations on a 2mil release clause if we want 5 mill..
waste of everyones time and not worth the ink its written with.
dogfound

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:22 am

Welsh Exile wrote:The way I see it is "if" there is a release clause of 2mil and Fulham offer it then the club have to let the player talk, if the player accepts the wage structure then Fulham pay us and that's that, the negotiations between the two clubs would or could be how the 2mil is paid, i.e. Fulham may want to pay in instalments over a certain period, or half upfront and the rest based on appearances etc, however we may say no it's 2mil cash upfront or no deal, that's where the negotiations come into it as far as I'm aware.

The is is correct mate.
The same thing happened with Neymar's transfer to PSG recently. Barca didn't want to sell him so insisted on all the £198mill release clause to be paid in one instalment, which is was.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby dogfound » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:58 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Welsh Exile wrote:The way I see it is "if" there is a release clause of 2mil and Fulham offer it then the club have to let the player talk, if the player accepts the wage structure then Fulham pay us and that's that, the negotiations between the two clubs would or could be how the 2mil is paid, i.e. Fulham may want to pay in instalments over a certain period, or half upfront and the rest based on appearances etc, however we may say no it's 2mil cash upfront or no deal, that's where the negotiations come into it as far as I'm aware.

The is is correct mate.
The same thing happened with Neymar's transfer to PSG recently. Barca didn't want to sell him so insisted on all the £198mill release clause to be paid in one instalment, which is was.

this is how i see it. the club of course could offer Joe new improved terms or just accept payment and move on.
i find these buy out clauses and the timing of the window closing disruptive.
dogfound

Postby boyo1927 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:13 am

City have had a bid rejected for amari bell of fleetwood! Expect a deal to be done once Bennett decides
boyo1927

Previous

Return to General Chat