BREAKING WARNOCK CONFIRMS BENNETT/NOW UP TO BENNETT

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CONFIRMED:FULHAM IN TALKS WITH CARDIFF OVER JOE BENNETT

Postby The Cobra » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:39 pm

boyo1927 wrote:
Cymru Am Byth wrote:
Wayne S wrote:We can't hold onto players who have release clauses. Sometimes it's the only way they will sign.

It's up to the player if the release clause is met.

I've heard rumours that Fulham have matched the release clause, but that Bennett doesn't want to leave Cardiff. Only rumours though, of course

It a true the clause is 2m and Fulham have agreed it! Joe wants to stay his agent is pushing the deal though! As Warnock has now confirmed it's up to Joe our hands are tied! Well done Trollope and the previous transfer committee!!!

The replacement is lined up if Joe leaves, a player from league 1

Well if I was happy somewhere id tell my agent to do one! Cant believe a agent tells you where to go! Advise yes! Fulham seem to think they got better prospect of promotion than us, bit deluded id say!
The Cobra

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Cymru Am Byth » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:39 pm

boyo1927 wrote:
Cymru Am Byth wrote:
Wayne S wrote:We can't hold onto players who have release clauses. Sometimes it's the only way they will sign.

I've heard rumours that Fulham have matched the release clause, but that Bennett doesn't want to leave Cardiff. Only rumours though, of course

It a true the clause is 2m and Fulham have agreed it! Joe wants to stay his agent is pushing the deal though! As Warnock has now confirmed it's up to Joe our hands are tied! Well done Trollope and the previous transfer committee!!!

Surely an agent can't put a deal through if Joe is adamant he doesn't want it to go through? If Joe wants to stay, Joe stays.
Bluebirds for life
Cymru Am Byth

Re: Big Bid expected by fellow Championship Club 4 Joe Benne

Postby Bakedalasker » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:44 pm

paulh_85 wrote:no need to sell so we wont

There is a release clause.
Bakedalasker

Re: BREAKING WARNOCK CONFIRMS BENNETT/NOW UP TO BENNETT

Postby theclaw » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:48 pm

Sounds like this release clause in his contract is forcing he club to give all the options to the player.I think it would be a backwards step personally.
theclaw

Postby norms76 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:48 pm

Warnock might know something though as he was quoted as saying below.

“It’s up to them, if they meet that clause then they can speak to him. It doesn’t mean they will get him of course, but they are entitled to speak to him if they meet the clause.”

Has he spoken to Bennett already? Has he told Warnock he's committed to Cardiff? Only time will tell.
norms76

Postby boyo1927 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:49 pm

Cymru Am Byth wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
Cymru Am Byth wrote:

Surely an agent can't put a deal through if Joe is adamant he doesn't want it to go through? If Joe wants to stay, Joe stays.

Of course the agent can't force how ! But agents get paid and this is how they get paid more! I am hopeful joe will stay but his decision ultimately!
boyo1927

Postby fred keenor » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:49 pm

I'm sure he will follow the lead of our captain who knows something special is happening at the city,when he spurned Sheffield we'd .
Fulham , surely not.
fred keenor

Postby TAP_Sheep » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:50 pm

theclaw wrote:Sounds like this release clause in his contract is forcing he club to give all the options to the player.I think it would be a backwards step personally.

That's the whole point in a release clause? It's a fee that if met, means the buying club do not have to discuss the transfer with the selling club. They are free to agree personal terms with the player and the seller cannot refuse the sale.
TAP_Sheep

Postby Nickoblue23 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:54 pm

This is the problem with football today. No doubt his agent advised him not to sign for us unless we had a 2 mill sell clause knowing he can then line his pockets from another move. The club then are in a difficult position. Do you get the player in knowing that the release clause is more than what we signed him for.

The dirty part of it all is that his agent is blatantly pimping him out when he is clearly happy here anyway just so he can line his pockets!!! Makes you sick and it will be a shame if he moves on. I'm sure Warnock has seen it all before and will be able to find cover!!
Nickoblue23

Postby nubbsy » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:55 pm

Well soon see how committed he is
nubbsy

Postby bluebird58 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:57 pm

Just make a quick decision so we can replace him if necessary. A £2m release clause is reasonable for a player who cost us nothing and has a long history of injury.
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby Steve since 62 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:58 pm

No problem jazz is a far better player
Steve since 62

Postby llan bluebird » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:59 pm

Nickoblue23 wrote:This is the problem with football today. No doubt his agent advised him not to sign for us unless we had a 2 mill sell clause knowing he can then line his pockets from another move. The club then are in a difficult position. Do you get the player in knowing that the release clause is more than what we signed him for.

The dirty part of it all is that his agent is blatantly pimping him out when he is clearly happy here anyway just so he can line his pockets!!! Makes you sick and it will be a shame if he moves on. I'm sure Warnock has seen it all before and will be able to find cover!!

Do you think his agent is after an improved city contract ?......A couple of grand a week extra, another year, "loyalty" bonus and pop that release clause up to 5 million.....

Its a dirty game, but i would get the nastiest agent to represent me.
llan bluebird

Postby Bakedalasker » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:00 pm

Who signed Bennett, was it Trollope?
Bakedalasker

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:08 pm

Still no "tweet" from JB :o :shock:
TopCat CCFC

Postby KavanaghsGreyHair » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:10 pm

Sideways movement, right now. Release clause essentially means that Joe decides if he wants to go, obviously Fulham have to activate it.
KavanaghsGreyHair

Postby Nickoblue23 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:10 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
Nickoblue23 wrote:This is the problem with football today. No doubt his agent advised him not to sign for us unless we had a 2 mill sell clause knowing he can then line his pockets from another move. The club then are in a difficult position. Do you get the player in knowing that the release clause is more than what we signed him for.

Do you think his agent is after an improved city contract ?......A couple of grand a week extra, another year, "loyalty" bonus and pop that release clause up to 5 million.....

Its a dirty game, but i would get the nastiest agent to represent me.

To true always going to be different from a players prospective .... sometimes leaving a club where things are going well under the best manger in the league for a slice of dosh could come back to bite you!!! Then again he could stay and have a career ending injury!!! It is was it is but I hope if he does go it all goes tits up as Ive got a feeling if we finish above Fulham this year we will definetly have a top 6 spot!!
Nickoblue23

Postby Igovernor » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:11 pm

I understand there are two types of a release clause,although one of them is technically not one
one is where the £2m if reached by the buying club means the the player will be sold for that amount, the other type is that there is an amount if offered for the player only means that the offering club can speak to the player but the selling club does not have to sell for that figure hence not really a release clause!
Igovernor

Postby Nickoblue23 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:16 pm

More likely that he wants a percentage of the 2 mill + the additional money for his Fulham contract. Dare I say probably a little birthday gift for setting up the transfer!!!
Nickoblue23

Postby Sven » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:19 pm

Cymru Am Byth wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
Cymru Am Byth wrote:

It happened to Joe Ledley! ;) :laughing6: :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:20 pm

I will be sorry to see him go as he is a decent player, but if his release clause has been met there is nothing we can do about it.

It's not a disaster though as a left back can be replaced reasonably easy.

Interesting this one...will the player want to go ??
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby The Cobra » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:20 pm

Igovernor wrote:I understand there are two types of a release clause,although one of them is technically not one
one is where the £2m if reached by the buying club means the the player will be sold for that amount, the other type is that there is an amount if offered for the player only means that the offering club can speak to the player but the selling club does not have to sell for that figure hence not really a release clause!

Surely, its up to the player, if he doesn't want to go, live somewhere else its up to him, sit on the contract he signed! No one should be forced to go anywhere! Human rights?
The Cobra

Postby Nickoblue23 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:22 pm

Guess it depends on how many 0s Fulham want to write on his contract!!!
Nickoblue23

Postby JimmyJazz » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:23 pm

Always with the dig Annis saying the committee agreed the buyout clause, it's really unnecessary.

Contracts are made by negotiation - to help get Bennet to sign for us his agent may we'll have asked for a release clause. Of course none of us were party to that negotiation so we won't know, but in my experience of sales and contracts it appears logical that his agent may have obtained this on his client's behalf and the club felt it right at the time to agree it.

Time to let these digs go now, please, it's draining all of it.
Last edited by JimmyJazz on Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My father missed the cup final in 1927 as my grandad only had 2 tickets, and my Dad had an older brother!
JimmyJazz

Postby Nuclearblue » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:23 pm

Suprised after our FA Cup game last season against Fulham Bennett had a big time mare against them :shock: But we got Jazz anyway so no big shakes if he goes but I hope he doesn't.
Nuclearblue

Postby The Cobra » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:26 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Suprised after our FA Cup game last season against Fulham Bennett had a big time mare against them :shock: But we got Jazz anyway so no big shakes if he goes but I hope he doesn't.

Spot on Nuces
The Cobra

Postby welshrarebit » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:33 pm

I thought jazz was excellent again this eve. Only concern is a lack of a left footer but doesn't seem to affect jazz at all. He was involved heavily this eve and seemed to be a bit of an outlet to build the play. Defence is a strongly stocked larder for us at the moment.
welshrarebit

Postby wez1927 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:35 pm

Wheres this 2 million come from ?
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby nubbsy » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:55 pm

wez1927 wrote:Wheres this 2 million come from ?

The majic forum fairy
nubbsy

Postby boyo1927 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:07 pm

Fleetwood player to come in!
boyo1927

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat