BREAKING WARNOCK CONFIRMS BENNETT/NOW UP TO BENNETT

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BREAKING WARNOCK CONFIRMS BENNETT/NOW UP TO BENNETT

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:12 pm

boyo1927 wrote:Fleetwood player to come in!

Bell
bluebirdoct1962

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Sven » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:22 pm

Ding Dong! :thumbright: :ayatollah: :laughing6: :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby boyo1927 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:22 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:Fleetwood player to come in!

Bell

I believe so
boyo1927

Postby wez1927 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:23 pm

nubbsy wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Wheres this 2 million come from ?

The majic forum fairy

Was told hed off for 7 million :lol:
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby gwentbluebirds » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:47 am

welshrarebit wrote:I thought jazz was excellent again this eve. Only concern is a lack of a left footer but doesn't seem to affect jazz at all. He was involved heavily this eve and seemed to be a bit of an outlet to build the play. Defence is a strongly stocked larder for us at the moment.

And he can hit a 30 yarder Fk that was unlucky. We all got that callum Patterson due back
gwentbluebirds

Postby TAP_Sheep » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:30 am

Wouldn't massively miss Joe. Would get a decent fee for him and signed him on a free ourselves. Got Peltier, Richards, Paterson and Bruno able to play in these positions (not forgetting the young lad Cameron Coxe). I would rather keep him but it wouldn't be as detrimental to us than say Ralls, Zohore or Hoilett going.
TAP_Sheep

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:34 am

Warnock has stressed Bennett – who has a release clause in his contract – was not guaranteed to leave and missed Tuesday night's win over Sheffield United with a calf injury.

“I've spoken to him tonight and they are talking to our people,” Warnock said of Fulham's interest in the former Aston Villa man. “I'm not aware of anything definite, but I think he has a buy-out clause in his contract so it's up to them to meet it, and if they do they're entitled to talk to him. It doesn't mean he's going anywhere, mind.”

Cardiff City 2 Sheffield United 0: Bluebirds claim historic victory over Neil Warnock's former club to maintain winning start

Asked if he would consider accepting the Bennett cash to fund the strengthening of the squad in other areas, Warnock said: “We're always looking. You don't know what's going to happen in the next two or three weeks, but we're quietly confident bringing someone in. We're missing a natural left-footer and we're struggling on that at the minute, but we will look at options in case people leave which is what we're doing.
Attachments
CDF_170717_Tavistock_V_Cardiff98JPG.jpg
CDF_170717_Tavistock_V_Cardiff98JPG.jpg (24.54 KiB) Viewed 3817 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:28 am

TAP_Sheep wrote:Wouldn't massively miss Joe. Would get a decent fee for him and signed him on a free ourselves. Got Peltier, Richards, Paterson and Bruno able to play in these positions (not forgetting the young lad Cameron Coxe). I would rather keep him but it wouldn't be as detrimental to us than say Ralls, Zohore or Hoilett going.

Ralls!? :o
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:35 am

The big news as far as the Bluebirds are concerned, Neil Warnock has confirmed that Fulham have entered talks with the club over a potential deal for left-back Joe Bennett, talks continue today.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Igovernor » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:47 am

As I stated earlier, if the clubs are in talks then the clause is one where Fulham can talk to him but £2m is just a starting point for negotiations, so we don't have to accept that figure :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:55 am

Igovernor wrote:As I stated earlier, if the clubs are in talks then the clause is one where Fulham can talk to him but £2m is just a starting point for negotiations, so we don't have to accept that figure :thumbup:

I'm pretty sure that if they meet the clauss £2M and they agree wages etc and he wants to go, there's nowt we can do.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Igovernor » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:26 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:As I stated earlier, if the clubs are in talks then the clause is one where Fulham can talk to him but £2m is just a starting point for negotiations, so we don't have to accept that figure :thumbup:

I'm pretty sure that if they meet the clauss £2M and they agree wages etc and he wants to go, there's nowt we can do.

The negotiations are between the two clubs it has nothing to do with wages that would be between Fulham and Bennet if the fee of £2m was all we would get, then why would we be negotiating with Fulham?
Igovernor

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:53 am

Igovernor wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

The negotiations are between the two clubs it has nothing to do with wages that would be between Fulham and Bennet if the fee of £2m was all we would get, then why would we be negotiating with Fulham?

Wasn't trying to be clever mate but this is how I see it.
Fulham have (reportedly) matched the clause (£2M) so that would spell the end of the 'talks' between clubs. As NW said it's now up to the player so I'd imagine wages / signing on fee etc are now the factors being discussed.
I may be wrong though
bluebirdoct1962

Postby nojac » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:06 am

Trying to be positive about the situation.
The agent probably put the release clause in (£2m).
As we had Joe Bennett for free,this was probably agreed too ,by the now defunct transfer committee ( can't see Warnock needing a transfer committee).
So for once if he goes for £2m , what a coup £2m profit in 11 months , letting Neil Warnock get maybe another player or two in.
As has been stated Jazz,Peltier, Connelly, and Coxe even Declan ( if he doesn't go) can all do a job there.
nojac

Postby Charlie Harper » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:11 am

The £2M release clause does not mean he would be sold for that amount.

It means that he can talk to clubs, he may be sold for a lot more if he decides to move on.
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Re: Big Bid expected by fellow Championship Club 4 Joe Benne

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:45 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:no need to sell so we wont

There is a release clause.

lol i can see that, thanks
paulh_85

Postby sid61284 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:54 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:The £2M release clause does not mean he would be sold for that amount.

It means that he can talk to clubs, he may be sold for a lot more if he decides to move on.

No it doesn't. It means if the £2m is met and he agrees terms then he's gone
sid61284

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:26 pm

sid61284 wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:The £2M release clause does not mean he would be sold for that amount.

That's the way I've always seen it. The clue is in the word "release" and if there is in fact a £2m release clause written into the contract, the club will be obliged to sell him if the £2m is offered, subject to the player agreeing to the terms of the new contract on offer. As far as I am aware, Cardiff will not have a say in the matter and will have to accept the £2m on offer providing Bennett is prepared to accept the terms offered by whichever club has met the original terms and conditions of the release clause.
Steve Zodiak

Postby wez1927 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:32 pm

Where has the 2 million come from ?
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:38 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
sid61284 wrote:

That's the way I've always seen it. The clue is in the word "release" and if there is in fact a £2m release clause written into the contract, the club will be obliged to sell him if the £2m is offered, subject to the player agreeing to the terms of the new contract on offer. As far as I am aware, Cardiff will not have a say in the matter and will have to accept the £2m on offer providing Bennett is prepared to accept the terms offered by whichever club has met the original terms and conditions of the release clause.

That's how I see it too
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:05 pm

wez1927 wrote:Where has the 2 million come from ?

I have no idea Wez. I am sure somebody on here will know where it comes from, but I have no idea if there is any release clause in his contract which is why I said "if" in a previous post. The £2m has been mentioned a few times, but I don't know where this information actually comes from. I assume there must be some sort of release clause as Warnock has apparently said that the decision will be down to the player, but no idea where the actual amount originated.
Steve Zodiak

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:08 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Where has the 2 million come from ?

I have no idea Wez. I am sure somebody on here will know where it comes from, but I have no idea if there is any release clause in his contract which is why I said "if" in a previous post. The £2m has been mentioned a few times, but I don't know where this information actually comes from. I assume there must be some sort of release clause as Warnock has apparently said that the decision will be down to the player, but no idea where the actual amount originated.

Someone sitting behind me last night mentioned £7M - surely not.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby TAP_Sheep » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:09 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:Wouldn't massively miss Joe. Would get a decent fee for him and signed him on a free ourselves. Got Peltier, Richards, Paterson and Bruno able to play in these positions (not forgetting the young lad Cameron Coxe). I would rather keep him but it wouldn't be as detrimental to us than say Ralls, Zohore or Hoilett going.

Ralls!? :o

Yeah, he's solid. Hasn't really put a foot wrong. Doesn't matter if he doesn't do step overs or slide tackles, he keeps us ticking. At 23 he's got a good future. Hardly misses a pass honestly, if you go to games give him a watch.
TAP_Sheep

Postby welshrarebit » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:52 pm

Ralls has been quality this season. Doesn't stop running. Finally has a manager that makes him pass forward not back. He isn't the flashiest but him and Gunnar are the heartbeat of midfield right now. Damour may well supplant him but warnock likes players he can trust. He clearly trusts ralls.
welshrarebit

Postby dogfound » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:41 pm

there really wouldnt be any point what so ever in having a 2 mill release clause in a contract if the club then dont abide by it.
very recently Barca did not want to lose Neymar but had little choice because PSG met the amount specified in his contract as a RELEASE.
the player of course can turn the move down.
dogfound

Postby fred keenor » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:46 pm

With Joe being very quiet when he is normally quite quick to post on Twitter,????
I know what I think :wave: :wave: :wave: on his way unfortunately
fred keenor

Postby norms76 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:49 pm

fred keenor wrote:With Joe being very quiet when he is normally quite quick to post on Twitter,????
I know what I think :wave: :wave: :wave: on his way unfortunately

Yeah he's always posting pre & post game, very strange that he's not said a word since Saturday.
norms76

Postby Welsh Exile » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:02 pm

The way I see it is "if" there is a release clause of 2mil and Fulham offer it then the club have to let the player talk, if the player accepts the wage structure then Fulham pay us and that's that, the negotiations between the two clubs would or could be how the 2mil is paid, i.e. Fulham may want to pay in instalments over a certain period, or half upfront and the rest based on appearances etc, however we may say no it's 2mil cash upfront or no deal, that's where the negotiations come into it as far as I'm aware.
Welsh Exile

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:07 pm

A bargain for 2m.

We have plenty of right back options but the team will always look better with a left footer at left back. I'd offer him a new deal now.
2blue2handle

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:26 pm

If it is indeed 2m then they can talk to the player however I believe they still have to agree payment terms on the 2m before they can talk so if we say it's 2m cash upfront then they have to pay it like that I would hope it's higher than 2m but as we got him free I guess his agent wanted an out for him at a reasonable fee if he performed well
Founder of the forum whopper thread! Don't talk bollocks or you'll be added to the thread!!
smakerzthebluebird

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat