Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Police make inquiries after Rangers fans complain about Neil

Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:52 am

Police make inquiries after Rangers fans complain about Neil Lennon

BBC

Tuesday 15th August 2017

Police have received complaints about Hibernian head coach Neil Lennon's conduct during his team's 3-2 win over Rangers at Ibrox on Saturday.

The Northern Irishman was criticised by some Rangers fans for "inflammatory" actions when Simon Murray equalised for Hibs in the 21st minute.

Lennon cupped his ears and made a gesture as he celebrated.

A Police Scotland spokeswoman said: "We have received complaints and inquiries are continuing."

Police are also investigating comments made to Lennon on social media.

"Police Scotland is aware of offensive and threatening comments that have been posted on social media concerning a named individual and inquiries are currently ongoing in connection with this," a spokeswoman told BBC Scotland.

Following the match, Lennon insisted he had no concerns about his behaviour.

When it was suggested Rangers assistant manager Helder Baptista had spoken to police about Lennon, he said: "I didn't make a gesture, I celebrated a goal.

"If they are unhappy about it they can come and tell me. But I shouldn't get into trouble for doing that.

"I am celebrating a goal. What way are you supposed to celebrate a goal?"

Re: Police make inquiries after Rangers fans complain about

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:15 am

Hateful guy .

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:40 am

NIBluebird wrote:Hateful guy .

Mike,
Def.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:38 pm

I got nothing but respect for the man.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:12 am

bluebird04 wrote:I got nothing but respect for the man.

Great guy who threatened his girlfriends, great guy who wallows in victimhood who went up Ashton Lane in Glasgow and when a middle aged Rangers Fan asked did you enjoy the result today Lennon, who had played for Celtic in their defeat V Rangers that day, gave him the finger. Poor Lenny, a pro footballer in his physical prime, got a severe shoeing off the guy when he stepped outside. He claims Rangers Fans hate him because he's a Northern Irish Catholic yet numerous NI Catholics have played for Celtic without encountering any problems, we hate him because he's a poisonous clown and before any of his apologists mention bombs in the post they were non viable and the cretins who sent them got the idea from watching The A Team. I don't want to see the police involved but a precedent has been set when a Rangers and Motherwell Players were suspended for making less offensive gestures, so Lennon should be banned from the touch line just like them. He should also learn to behave like the manager of a professional football team not like an 18 year old chav.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:17 am

Jock wrote:

Great guy who threatened his girlfriends, great guy who wallows in victimhood who went up Ashton Lane in Glasgow and when a middle aged Rangers Fan asked did you enjoy the result today Lennon, who had played for Celtic in their defeat V Rangers that day, gave him the finger. Poor Lenny, a pro footballer in his physical prime, got a severe shoeing off the guy when he stepped outside. He claims Rangers Fans hate him because he's a Northern Irish Catholic yet numerous NI Catholics have played for Celtic without encountering any problems, we hate him because he's a poisonous clown and before any of his apologists mention bombs in the post they were non viable and the cretins who sent them got the idea from watching The A Team. I don't want to see the police involved but a precedent has been set when a Rangers and Motherwell Players were suspended for making less offensive gestures, so Lennon should be banned from the touch line just like them. He should also learn to behave like the manager of a professional football team not like an 18 year old chav.

I don't know anything about that, I just meant after the job at Bolton, he got straight back into the game and took hibs up

Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:10 pm

bluebird04 wrote:
Jock wrote:

I don't know anything about that, I just meant after the job at Bolton, he got straight back into the game and took hibs up

No problem mate and sorry for the rant but it's an emotive issue for me.