Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' JOE LEDLEY REJECTS '

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:06 am

Wales star Joe Ledley rejects Championship clubs amid further uncertainty over future

By Dominic Booth

Tuesday 15th August 2017

Wales ace Joe Ledley remains without a club and has rejected offers from two unnamed Championship clubs, according to Sky reports.

The 30-year-old saw his contract at Crystal Palace expire this summer but is still looking for his next challenge.

The BBC report that Ledley has now turned down offers from Spain, Israel, China and Turkey — as well as the English second flight.

He was previously linked with a return to his hometown club Cardiff City, where he left in 2010 to join Scottish giants Celtic.

But Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock poured cold water on rumours.

It leaves Ledley as a free agent despite both the Premier League and Championship seasons having got underway. He has suggested he may be open to a move down the leagues or abroad.

"It doesn't bother me (playing in the Premier League) I have been there three-and-a-half-years so maybe a new challenge would be good," Ledley said. "I have only just turned 30."

The 73-cap Wales star is expected to be chosen in Chris Coleman's squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Austria and Moldova in September.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' JOE LEDLEY REJECTS '

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:10 am

No going to be very match fit with a massive Wales game coming up in a few weeks.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:12 am

Maybe he is holding out for an offer from his hometown team???

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:15 am

Philippine blue wrote:No going to be very match fit with a massive Wales game coming up in a few weeks.

Have to agree,also Allen out and Chester looking dodgy!
A game we have to win so Coleman will need to wave his magic wand!!

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:31 am

Yeah, just turned 30 and you've missed a whole pre season, well done!

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:42 am

Go on city go get him

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:50 am

£5k a week any more forget it .
He made enough money , when he left us for nothing.
Celtic gave him a big signing on fee,and a big wage . Do you think he can play in a high tempo high press Warnock team ?

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:18 am

HOPEFULLY, money isnt the motive for Joe. I'd love to see him back in blue, would be great for us. Add that experience and veteran presence to the squad. Plus local lad.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:22 am

Would be interesting to see if he gets offered a trial with City even if it's just to get fit. Especially as we are trialling Poyet who's a holding midfielder

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:23 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Maybe he is holding out for an offer from his hometown team???

My guess is if NW wanted him, he would be here by now

Joe's more than likely holding out for a last big payday & best of luck to him...but it could turn out to be a very expensive gamble on his part!

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:28 am

I can't see a club in the top two leagues that need/ afford him??

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:04 am

it doesn't 'bother' him , playing in the pl, as he can't get a game in the pl

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:11 am

Didn't think the deadline was applicable to "free agents"!

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:15 am

Always Blue wrote:Go on city go get him

Why in God's name do we need another defensive holding midfield player, don't you think we have enough of that type of player already at the club

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:20 am

brettski wrote:Didn't think the deadline was applicable to "free agents"!

Correct. However, the article does not mention any deadline

Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:06 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Maybe he is holding out for an offer from his hometown team???

My guess is if NW wanted him, he would be here by now

Joe's more than likely holding out for a last big payday & best of luck to him...but it could turn out to be a very expensive gamble on his part!

Rick, you are spot on IMHO! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Neil Warnock isn't 'holding out' and waiting for Joe to reduce his wage demands...he simply doesn't want him because he already has (shall we say) more economical players in that position and doesn't see him enhancing the squad or fitting into his playing plans!

Everyone seems to have an opinion but I maintain I just don't see where the current Joe Ledley would fit in to Neil Warnock's playing style regardless of the wages he might demand

He may surprise us all but I am of the opinion that Joe has maybe mis-judged his 'worth' in the transfer market and maybe turning two Championship sides down is testament to that, as he surely can't think he will get a Premier League team? :? :shock:

Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:19 pm

Would be a step backwards for us !