Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Updated "Cardiff City are chasing after Watford Midfielder"

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:43 am

' UPDATED '

Championship duo Cardiff City and Nottingham Forest are both interested in bringing in Ben Watson before the transfer window closes.

Manager Neil Warnock is on the lookout for a central midfielder after saying the Bluebirds are thin on the ground in that position in recent weeks.

In the print edition of the Mirror, the report says that Ben Watson could be on the move before the window shuts and it’s Forest and Cardiff that want to take the 32 year-old from Watford.

Cardiff have been linked to Watford midfielder Ben Watson, according to the Mirror via HITC.

Nottingham Forest are also reportedly on the trail of the FA Cup winner, who is entering the last year of his contract and has seen the Hornets sign midfielder Will Hughes and Nathaniel Chalobah this summer. One to watch, perhaps?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " Cardiff City linked with Watford Midfielder "

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:53 am

He also played under Neil Warnock at Palace.
Watson is 32 and has bags of experience , perhaps the old head in midfield we need ( to close games out) definitely one to watch if there's any truth in it.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:58 am

A good player and would add more depth to an already strong squad. He is a cut above the likes of Halford too, and always good to have competition for places ....stark contrast to last season eh?

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:53 am

Good squad player with experience! Not a 1st team started though which is what he might insist on

Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:05 pm

Kind of midfielder i'm expecting us to get, some experience and from what I remember of him a good engine.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:14 pm

boyo1927 wrote:Good squad player with experience! Not a 1st team started though which is what he might insist on

At his best he was certainly a better player than Ralls but not sure what level he's at now.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:47 pm

Would prefer Ledley tbh, would think they are after a similar wage

Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:38 pm

langstoneBlue wrote:Would prefer Ledley tbh, would think they are after a similar wage

The only knock is not playing for NW. But I agree. Local lad and I imagine he wants to see us do well! :bluescarf:

Re: Updated "Cardiff City are chasing after Watford Midfield

Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:25 pm

I wonder if Vincent Tan as released his grip on the purse strings a little ?
We are being linked with Omar Bogle (sp) also .
All rumours I know,but it is silly season with three weeks left of the window. Where agents are stirring everything up , with the media etc.