Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW:' NEIL WARNOCK MAKES CARDIFF HISTORY TONIGHT & DOES

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:37 pm

MY VIEW/OPINION

' NEIL WARNOCK MAKES CARDIFF HISTORY TONIGHT & DOES IT COMFORTBALY '

Cardiff for the first time in their history have won their opening three League Games :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Three wins And three clean sheets :bluebird: :bluebird:

Cardiff looked more than comfortable tonight, plenty of pace and attacked through out the game.

Mendez-Laing signed on a free from Rochdale, scores his fourth goal of the season tonight,Warnock sure knows how to find them :thumbright: :thumbright:

Cardiff City are Top of the League :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

A crowd of 17,844 incl 1,385 Away fans, Warnock & City Deserve more :bluebird: :bluebird:

First half City edged the game,in a very open game, end to end and went in at half-time 1-0 up :bluebird:

CARDIFF CITY 2 SHEFFIELD UNITED 0 :thumbright: :thumbright:
Crowd 17,844
Away Support 1,385 Sheffield United fans

Sean Morrison 45th min

Cardiff City

Neil Etheridge Bruno Manga Sol Bamba Sean Morrison Jazz Richards Aron Gunnarsson Joe Ralls Lee Tomlin Junior Hoilett Nathaniel Mendez-Laing Kenneth Zohore

Substitutes
Brian Murphy Lee Peltier Greg Halford Loic Damour Matthew Kennedy Anthony Pilkington Danny Ward

Warnock made three changes for the visit of Sheffield United,Bruno Manga was preferred ahead of Lee Peltier at right back, with the latter dropping to the bench.

Joe Bennett did not make the matchday squad, with Jazz Richards taking his place at left back.

Tonight Neil Warnock was facing his boyhood team Sheffield United.

Cardiff City were tonight looking to make history by winning their third League match in a row from the opening day of the season.

First 25mins very open, Tomlin and Hoilett were very highly.

Then in 26th min, Jazz Richards hit a 30yard strike,hit the crossbar, keeper beaten, but with in a min United attacked City's end and missed a sitter.

Tomlin with his left foot, shot just wide of the post.

45th min Sean Morrison header 1-0 from a great cross from Joe Ralls :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Laing and Bamba both were given yellow cards.

H/T Cardiff C 1 Sheff Utd 0 :thumbright: :bluebird:

With in mins Tomlin fired wide again! this time he really should’ve at least hit the target.

City continued to attack and in the 55th min Mendez-Laing beat his man on the left and curled the ball in the net,Unreal pace! Excellent technique. Brilliant goal! 2-0 City :thumbright: :thumbright:

In the 62nd min,a brilliant save from Blackman to deny Zohore.

70th min Loic Damour came on for Lee Tomlin.

Etheridge made a good save tipping the ball over the bar.

Danny came on for Junior Hoilett.

Cardiff looked more than comfortable tonight, plenty of pace and attacked through out the game.

Neil Etheridge in 91st min made an excellent save from Ched Evans :ayatollah:

F/T Cardiff C 2 Sheff Utd 0 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

My man of the match Mendez-Laing :thumbright:

NEXT UP WOLVES AWAY THIS SATURDAY 3PM / NO RESTRICTIONS & CITY HAVE 2,500 TICKETS :thumbright: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW:' NEIL WARNOCK MAKES CARDIFF HISTORY TONIGHT & D

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:38 pm

Mendez-Laing signed on a free from Rochdale, scores his fourth goal of the season tonight,Warnock sure knows how to find them :thumbright: :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:42 pm

we ended up going. at short notice had an hour drive with my Mrs and 4 kids under 7. fantastic result and great night, Sat in kfc now lol

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:43 pm

we have a winning formula here. just so long as we don't sell anyone

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:44 pm

Absolutely buzzing we looked like we had a couple more gears if needed. Onwards and upwards.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:50 pm

Great win for us proud of the boys and the managers done everything right.
Just dont sell anyone now for god sake.
Still early but nice being top of the league isnt it.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:50 pm

rossblue wrote:we ended up going. at short notice had an hour drive with my Mrs and 4 kids under 7. fantastic result and great night, Sat in kfc now lol

Glad you had another good game to see Ross :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:53 pm

Bluebirds We are top of the League :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:54 pm

Cymru Am Byth wrote:we have a winning formula here. just so long as we don't sell anyone

Correct :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:55 pm

Top 2 game Saturday Sky lost out and below average coverage tonight for us!!

Flying under the radar let's keep doing it.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:58 pm

We been to 3 games and had 3 wins. So lucky see u all 26th.

Tonight was my Mrs and youngest 2's first game

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:09 pm

Llaing terrorised UTD tonight, zahore was making the right runs but trying abit of a miracle shot at times when could of taken another touch, came close a few times but should of scored one on one with keeper.

Gunnar and ralls done well sweeping up, manga also done well making some runs down the wing but is not a natural wingback, made some sublime long passes.

Well done city a dominant win must of had 20 shots, onto wolves Sat.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:11 pm

Dessy1927 wrote:Absolutely buzzing we looked like we had a couple more gears if needed. Onwards and upwards.

Dessy, I think we could of won tonight 4-1,but more than happy with 2-0 :thumbright: :thumbright:

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:12 pm

brickyblue wrote:Great win for us proud of the boys and the managers done everything right.
Just dont sell anyone now for god sake.
Still early but nice being top of the league isnt it.

Yes they are all certainly making us proud of them, early stages,but enjoying every minute :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:13 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:Top 2 game Saturday Sky lost out and below average coverage tonight for us!!

Flying under the radar let's keep doing it.

Personally I prefer that Karl :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:14 pm

rossblue wrote:We been to 3 games and had 3 wins. So lucky see u all 26th.

Ross,
Fab photo and your all our lucky mascots :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:15 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:Llaing terrorised UTD tonight, zahore was making the right runs but trying abit of a miracle shot at times when could of taken another touch, came close a few times but should of scored one on one with keeper.

Gunnar and ralls done well sweeping up, manga also done well making some runs down the wing but is not a natural wingback, made some sublime long passes.

Bobby, You've actually rounded up the night in a few sentences fair play, great night again :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:20 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:Llaing terrorised UTD tonight, zahore was making the right runs but trying abit of a miracle shot at times when could of taken another touch, came close a few times but should of scored one on one with keeper.

Just as well we didn't play with wing backs then! :lol:
I thought Manga was brilliant tonight.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:20 pm

rossblue wrote:we ended up going. at short notice had an hour drive with my Mrs and 4 kids under 7. fantastic result and great night, Sat in kfc now lol

Jeez! Fair play to you mate.
:ayatollah:

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:27 pm

:bluebird:

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Bobby, You've actually rounded up the night in a few sentences fair play, great night again :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

My first appearance of the season Annis was very impressed, Sheffield were no mugs passed the ball very well but struggled to unlock our defence. They had one or two shots that were a little close but never looked like scoring.

Saturday is a massive test we will see where we are at against Wolves, but if we can see teams off at home like we have been we will be in the top 6 at the end of the season no doubt.

The UTD keeper played well, saved another couple of goals, Zahores free kick was heading for the top right finger tip save by their big keeper.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:39 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

My first appearance of the season Annis was very impressed, Sheffield were no mugs passed the ball very well but struggled to unlock our defence. They had one or two shots that were a little close but never looked like scoring.

Saturday is a massive test we will see where we are at against Wolves, but if we can see teams off at home like we have been we will be in the top 6 at the end of the season no doubt.

The UTD keeper played well, saved another couple of goals, Zahores free kick was heading for the top right finger tip save by their big keeper.

Great match to be at and like you say Sheffield No mugs.

Your right Bobby, Wolves real test for City.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:47 pm

Four of us first game tonight.

What we witnessed was immense.
We all agreed, we haven't seen us terrorise teams like that she Bothroyd/Chopra et al

Beaming smiles, great atmosphere -poor crowd though???

Best football in many years -

Goals and threats from everywhere,
Big Ken
Tomlin
Junior
Laing
Ralls
Manga
Richards
Gunnar

Some of the moves and passing was awesome

A complete sea change to the dross served for last few years (even Malky times was crap to watch)

Get down there boys

:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:52 pm

Cardiff created club history as a 2-0 victory over Sheffield United kept them top of the Sky Bet Championship.

The Bluebirds had never started a campaign with three league wins in their 118-year history. But that statistic was consigned to history as Sean Morrison and Nathaniel Mendez-Laing put the gloss on a performance that suggests Cardiff are credible promotion contenders this season.

United were game opponents after beating Brentford and losing in controversial circumstances at Middlesbrough on their return to the Championship. But the Blades were often cut apart by Cardiff's attacking verve and the only issue that will concern Bluebirds manager Neil Warnock is that his side did not win by more.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:18 pm

City travel to molineux full of confidence and they must keep there fast flowing passing going as it's very entertaining to watch and with all the shots being made already so early into the season the goals will continue onwards and upwards bluebirds !

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:35 pm

rossblue wrote:We been to 3 games and had 3 wins. So lucky see u all 26th.

New you couldn't keep away lol hope you had a great time you know your our lucky mascot you can not go back to following Liverpool now :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:46 pm

We must be lucky charms, but tbh we are the lucky ones. What were the chances of 3 straight wins. I was never a Liverpool fan per se. More of a follower. It's actually awesome following a team I can actually get tickets to go and see play. Only cost us 41 quid tonight and 15 for me and my one boy for the QPR game. Couldn't stay away tonight.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:49 pm

1,385 Sheffield United fans

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:52 pm

Even the Mrs said she enjoyed it. That's even more of a rarity than 3 straight league wins. We got the bug now

Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:59 am

:bluebird: