Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Zohore to Brighton?

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:39 pm

Was at the game tonight but heard on the radio that Chris Hughton was there to watch Zohore. Apparently before the end Ken Choo & Chris Hughton wandered off inside... could anything be going on there?

Worrying if true.

Re: Zohore to Brighton?

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:41 pm

BlueDredd wrote:Was at the game tonight but heard on the radio that Chris Hughton was there to watch Zohore. Apparently before the end Ken Choo & Chris Hughton wandered off inside... could anything be going on there?

Worrying if true.

In my head Ken Choo took him inside to politely tell him he isn't for sale and to catch the early train back to Brighton :wave:

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:44 pm

Cymru Am Byth wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:Was at the game tonight but heard on the radio that Chris Hughton was there to watch Zohore. Apparently before the end Ken Choo & Chris Hughton wandered off inside... could anything be going on there?

Worrying if true.

In my head Ken Choo took him inside to politely tell him he isn't for sale and to catch the early train back to Brighton :wave:

I hope that's true.

It would be suicidal to sell him.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:49 pm

You'd assume Warnock would never allow it. But 10 - 15 mil waved around.. what could he do?

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:05 pm

BlueDredd wrote:You'd assume Warnock would never allow it. But 10 - 15 mil waved around.. what could he do?

With him chance of £100 mil windfall with promotion, what would you do? It aint as if VT is short of a few quid!

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:35 pm

The Cobra wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:You'd assume Warnock would never allow it. But 10 - 15 mil waved around.. what could he do?

With him chance of £100 mil windfall with promotion, what would you do? It aint as if VT is short of a few quid!

After what tan said about having a chance of promotion this season doubt if tan would jeopardise that now!

Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:00 pm

i think almost every player is replaceable, but Zohore isn't, I cant even think of any striker for between 10 - 20m who has power, pace, Strength, work rate, assists, and goals. we are top of the league and doing really good, we don't need to sell him.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:04 pm

I really hope we hold on to him. We are riding high. warnock has shown tan he can build a team and not spend stupid money. Ken has a new contract. He will play every week. Get us up and the world will be his oyster. But hopeully with us in the prem

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:29 am

I do wonder if going after Bogle has anything to do with this..

Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:00 am

Every player has his price, and Mr Tan is a businessman rather than a lover of Cardiff City. Is he prepared to gamble on Zohore who could be worth a lot more if he continues as he has done since the start of the year, or could end up being worth next to nothing if he reverts to his earlier performances or if he suffers a serious injury which prevents him from regaining the form he is showing right now. I hope we can keep him but we all know the owner is trying to reduce the club's debts and to get the club operating within it's means. Trouble with running a business is that sometimes unpopular decisions have to be made in the short term for the long term benefit of the business.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:07 am

BlueDredd wrote:I do wonder if going after Bogle has anything to do with this..

you dont sell someone for 20M and replace him with a 1M player.
When the chairman has come out and said "we are serious about promotion"

he's just back up.
Warnock said he will look to get another in. Due to healey being out injured.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:38 am

bluebird7291 wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:I do wonder if going after Bogle has anything to do with this..

you dont sell someone for 20M and replace him with a 1M player.
When the chairman has come out and said "we are serious about promotion"

he's just back up.
Warnock said he will look to get another in. Due to healey being out injured.

What I've noticed in 50 years of following this club is the club says what the fans want to hear. They are trying to sell their business to us. They are not going to shoot themselves in the foot by saying anything that will lose them customers. However, throughout the time I have followed the club, what comes out from those at the top and what actually happens are two different things. Lost count of the number of times a football club has said this player is going nowhere and a week later he's gone.