Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ched Evans

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:53 pm

What on Earth was that all about tonight?

Clapping and cheering for a player who has never played for Cardiff and was doing his best to prevent us getting three points from the game.

I wonder about some of our fans sometimes. :?

Re: Ched Evans

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:55 pm

davids wrote:What on Earth was that all about tonight?

Clapping and cheering for a player who has never played for Cardiff and was doing his best to prevent us getting three points from the game.

:thumbup: me too :?

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:18 pm

What are you confused about?
Welsh footballing fans, supporting a Welsh player that was wrongly accused of a male problem, that almost ruined his career. Confused, I am.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:21 pm

davids wrote:What the f**k was that all about tonight?

Showing support to a Welsh player wrongly convicted. Nothing wrong with it

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:25 pm

Have to agree totally! :thumbup:

Quite a section of City fans greeting him like he was a hero! :?

Thankfully he was pretty anonymous once he came on, so faded into the insignificant person he would be without the notoriety! ;) :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:28 pm

KavanaghsGreyHair wrote:What are you confused about?
Welsh footballing fans, supporting a Welsh player that was wrongly accused of a male problem, that almost ruined his career. Confused, I am.

Cardiff City fans, at a Cardiff City match, supporting an opposition player, who almost scored a goal against us. Would you have cheered and clapped him if he'd scored a hat-trick tonight? :?

How is it relevant that he was wrongly accused of anything. Would you clap an English opposition player who had been acquitted of a "male problem"?

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:30 pm

Showing support to a Welsh player wrongly convicted. Nothing wrong with it and jess ellis should say sorry to him the stupid women

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:36 pm

Kenbird1983 wrote:Showing support to a Welsh player wrongly convicted. Nothing wrong with it and jess ellis should say sorry to him the stupid women

Totally agree most of the stadium showed surport

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:39 pm

Majority of the fans I saw clap him, me included! Wrongly convicted served time in jail and yes he is Welsh!

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:58 pm

davids wrote:

Cardiff City fans, at a Cardiff City match, supporting an opposition player, who almost scored a goal against us. Would you have cheered and clapped him if he'd scored a hat-trick tonight? :?

How is it relevant that he was wrongly accused of anything. Would you clap an English opposition player who had been acquitted of a "male problem"?

Overthinking it mate. Clapping him for his return to football.
No its clear that none of us would've.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:03 am

I felt strongly throughout that his conviction was wrong and unjust.
equally i felt his behaviour that night left a hell of a lot to be desired.
wrongful imprisonment yes...a hero / role model most deffinately not.
cheering an opposition player for not being a rapist...really?

Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:59 am

Totally agree fella strange behaviour why anyone would feel the need to clap An support him some odd bods about the ccs nowadays I tell you mate

Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:06 am

stephendavid wrote:

Totally agree fella strange behaviour why anyone would feel the need to clap An support him some odd bods about the ccs nowadays I tell you mate

I agree.
I didn't clap him and I'm wondering why the f**k I would!

Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:36 am

well in his previous games apparently he was booed so guess just showing support for a Welsh player. Didn't sound to OTT from level 4. :old:

Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:25 am

Why wouldn't we cheer him? What a pointless post, how dare you show support to a Welsh player? Who's careers was ruined...... I'd personally like to say well done to everyone who showed support, it's good to show him he's not been forgotten by his country men. Well done to everyone who supported him!

Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:33 pm

BluebirdsPolska wrote:Why wouldn't we cheer him? What a pointless post, how dare you show support to a Welsh player? Who's careers was ruined...... I'd personally like to say well done to everyone who showed support, it's good to show him he's not been forgotten by his country men. Well done to everyone who supported him!

So I suppose you were cheering and clapping Neil Taylor and James Chester last Saturday because they're Welsh? Did you give Ashley Williams a big cheer when he last played for Swansea against Cardiff too?

And no doubt you'll be cheering for Dave Edwards at Wolves on Saturday - because he's Welsh!

Must get very confusing for you when there are Welsh players on the opposition team - who should you support? :banghead:

Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:33 pm

Only opposition players I'd clap are former bluebirds who have shown the club respect. Ched Evans??? Hell no nothing to do with Cardiff city.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:40 pm

dogfound wrote:

I felt strongly throughout that his conviction was wrong and unjust.
equally i felt his behaviour that night left a hell of a lot to be desired.
wrongful imprisonment yes...a hero / role model most deffinately not.
cheering an opposition player for not being a rapist...really?

top post. :thumbup:

Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:50 pm

davids wrote:
BluebirdsPolska wrote:Why wouldn't we cheer him? What a pointless post, how dare you show support to a Welsh player? Who's careers was ruined...... I'd personally like to say well done to everyone who showed support, it's good to show him he's not been forgotten by his country men. Well done to everyone who supported him!

So I suppose you were cheering and clapping Neil Taylor and James Chester last Saturday because they're Welsh? Did you give Ashley Williams a big cheer when he last played for Swansea against Cardiff too?

And no doubt you'll be cheering for Dave Edwards at Wolves on Saturday - because he's Welsh!

Must get very confusing for you when there are Welsh players on the opposition team - who should you support? :banghead:

These players have hardly been through what chef evans has been through so not really a comparison to be made. People are free to express what they feel as a lot did last night and it was very moving and warming. Just like you have the freedom to now express you opinion which is also fine but please don't belittle others because they not in line with yours. When did the fans of Cardiff need to ask you permission on things??

Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:57 pm

Malkythegreat wrote:
davids wrote:

These players have hardly been through what chef evans has been through so not really a comparison to be made. People are free to express what they feel as a lot did last night and it was very moving and warming. Just like you have the freedom to now express you opinion which is also fine but please don't belittle others because they not in line with yours. When did the fans of Cardiff need to ask you permission on things??

There is a comparison to be made. Were people cheering him because he is Welsh? If so then why don't they cheer all opposition players who are Welsh?

Or are they cheering him because he was found not guilty of rape? And if so, would they cheer an English or Scottish opposition player who was cleared of rape as well?

Nobody needs my permission to do what they like. I just find it strange how we have fans cheering opposition players who are trying their utmost to beat the team we all support. If Ched Evans scores a goal that prevents us getting promotion will you be clapping and cheering him?

But. as you say, each to their own.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:07 pm

davids wrote:
Malkythegreat wrote:
davids wrote:

There is a comparison to be made. Were people cheering him because he is Welsh? If so then why don't they cheer all opposition players who are Welsh?

Or are they cheering him because he was found not guilty of rape? And if so, would they cheer an English or Scottish opposition player who was cleared of rape as well?

Nobody needs my permission to do what they like. I just find it strange how we have fans cheering opposition players who are trying their utmost to beat the team we all support. If Ched Evans scores a goal that prevents us getting promotion will you be clapping and cheering him?

why do you care so much?

Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:10 pm

Malkythegreat wrote:
davids wrote:

ahh right..... if your Welsh and morally decent and are not a rapist ..no applause
if your Welsh behave like an alley cat, cheat on your girlfriend, treat women appallingly but are not a rapist = applause

Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:17 pm

davids wrote:
Malkythegreat wrote:
davids wrote:

I feel you missing out important facts to make things fit. He was cleared of rape eventually after serving time in prison being publicly abused by high profile people ie jess enis at the the time when he was found guilty. But he was then found to be innocent and has been treated pretty badly by some.

People were applauding him because he was not guilty of rape and sayin well done ched you deserve admiration. They were showing support for an innocent man who was wrongly convicted and punished of a horrendous crime, and his life and career ruined because of it.

Davids please answer this so you think we should also not applaud other people who have suffered illness or injury or been taken to early whether they play or played for Cardiff city?? Was you disgusted at the applause of young Bradley lowery because he doesn't play for Cardiff??

You entitled to you opinions but please try to keep them balanced as I'm sure you applaud people before at football who have no connection to Cardiff.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:29 pm

It's just simply welcome back. I didn't even notice it tbh. We should be grateful there was a decent crowd

Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:36 pm

Malkythegreat wrote:
davids wrote:
Malkythegreat wrote:
davids wrote:

I feel you missing out important facts to make things fit. He was cleared of rape eventually after serving time in prison being publicly abused by high profile people ie jess enis at the the time when he was found guilty. But he was then found to be innocent and has been treated pretty badly by some.

People were applauding him because he was not guilty of rape and sayin well done ched you deserve admiration. They were showing support for an innocent man who was wrongly convicted and punished of a horrendous crime, and his life and career ruined because of it.

Davids please answer this so you think we should also not applaud other people who have suffered illness or injury or been taken to early whether they play or played for Cardiff city?? Was you disgusted at the applause of young Bradley lowery because he doesn't play for Cardiff??

You entitled to you opinions but please try to keep them balanced as I'm sure you applaud people before at football who have no connection to Cardiff.

Malkythegreat,

Of course I have applauded people before at the football, many of whom have no connection with Cardiff.

It's just that none of them were just about to come onto the pitch at the time to try and prevent us winning the game!

I have absolutely nothing against Ched Evans. His behaviour is hardly the best but he was acquitted and is now belatedly getting on with his career. Good luck to him with that but I am not going to cheer an opposition player who is going to try his hardest to beat Cardiff City, whether he's Welsh or not and no matter what he has or hasn't done in the past.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:43 pm

Good for you. Others feel differently. I am one of those. But as I respect people's opinions I Shall resist starting a thread questioning why the whole of the stadium didn't applaud ched and have the sheer audacity to not think the same as me.

It's be good to debate with you but for me it's on to some more positive posts as there's a big buzz round the club and no need to go hunting for negativity.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:25 pm

I wonder how many of the people who were cheering would have cheered if it was their daughter or sister it had happened to?

Maybe cleared of rape. Not cleared of being a sleezey scumbag.
It's amazing what money can buy you.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:25 pm

That's todays modern game and the newbie fan who brought it with them then it spread like a bad doze of the clap, we do some real cringeworthy things imo.

Clap players who never played for us.

A minutes applause for a certain thing in a certain minute of a game which is nothing Cardiff city related.

Sing the same shit songs which are chanted in 99% of grounds from up and down the county but add a player of ours or cardiff in to it.

What next ....
Minutes silence for somebody 500 miles away whos cat died last week.

Its pretty :oops: :oops: some of the shit I see going on in todays football from fans.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:04 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:That's todays modern game and the newbie fan who brought it with them then it spread like a bad doze of the clap, we do some real cringeworthy things imo.

A minutes applause for a certain thing in a certain minute of a game which is nothing Cardiff city related.

Sing the same shit songs which are chanted in 99% of grounds from up and down the county but add a player of ours or cardiff in to it.

What next ....

Its pretty :oops: :oops: some of the shit I see going on in todays football from fans.

Modern football and all the things it brings.
What you feel about modern day football Forum's that you post on?

Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:57 pm

Malkythegreat wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:That's todays modern game and the newbie fan who brought it with them then it spread like a bad doze of the clap, we do some real cringeworthy things imo.

What next ....

Modern football and all the things it brings.
What you feel about modern day football Forum's that you post on?

Been on here for nearly 8 years so its not that modern for me really unless you joined the forum today like yourself then id class that as modern. Love the forum not everyones opinion matches mine but that's the joys of being on here we all differ, on here everyday more or less reading posts don't post as much as I did because I don't feel the need to :thumbup: