Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Ched Evans

Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:03 pm

Fair enough.

Love the way you think 8 years ago isn't part of modern football. Lmao. Each to they own. Onwards and upwards for Cardiff in the modern era.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:07 pm

Malkythegreat wrote:Fair enough.

Love the way you think 8 years ago isn't part of modern football. Lmao. Each to they own. Onwards and upwards for Cardiff in the modern era.

No no I don't think you was reading what I answered, your question was whats my thoughts on this as a modern forum not modern football you never mentioned that in the question only the forum.
I said ive been on here nearly 8 yrs so its not modern to me unlike yourself whos been on here ONE day so I'm sure it feels more modern to you than it does to me :bluescarf:

Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:34 pm

A question for those who clapped him..

Would you still have clapped him if he was born 30 miles to the east and was English ?

Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:35 pm

You got me there how can I reply to that??
Lmao.
Yeah this is all brand newto me.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:35 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:That's todays modern game and the newbie fan who brought it with them then it spread like a bad doze of the clap, we do some real cringeworthy things imo.

Clap players who never played for us.

A minutes applause for a certain thing in a certain minute of a game which is nothing Cardiff city related.

Sing the same shit songs which are chanted in 99% of grounds from up and down the county but add a player of ours or cardiff in to it.

What next ....
Minutes silence for somebody 500 miles away whos cat died last week.

Its pretty :oops: :oops: some of the shit I see going on in todays football from fans.

agree
often you have people clapping and when asked why ,they havent a clue..

Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:43 pm

llan bluebird wrote:A question for those who clapped him..

Would you still have clapped him if he was born 30 miles to the east and was English ?

If you were born 30 miles west would you be clapping Cardiff??

To answer question as I hope you answer mine. Yes I would if being born 30 miles east would have meant he followed the same path and was imprisoned. But in reality his live would have taken a different path and there be no need to clap him. Hope this helps you out and you feel better.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:46 pm

davids wrote:What on Earth was that all about tonight?

Clapping and cheering for a player who has never played for Cardiff and was doing his best to prevent us getting three points from the game.

I wonder about some of our fans sometimes. :?

Fans were clapping because his conviction was very harsh, unjust, yes he was stupid for getting himself in that position, he lost a few years of his life and then was cleared. Yes he is Welsh but the clapping stopped as soon as the game resummed end of.

This guy is going to get stick all season long, just glad he didn't get it from our fans.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:01 pm

dogfound wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:That's todays modern game and the newbie fan who brought it with them then it spread like a bad doze of the clap, we do some real cringeworthy things imo.

A minutes applause for a certain thing in a certain minute of a game which is nothing Cardiff city related.

Sing the same shit songs which are chanted in 99% of grounds from up and down the county but add a player of ours or cardiff in to it.

What next ....

Its pretty :oops: :oops: some of the shit I see going on in todays football from fans.

agree

That one tickles me

" what we clapping for mate"

" A player subbed his toe who players for stoke last week and comes from cardiff "

" Oh well lets clap "

Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:06 pm

:lol:
Bluebird1977 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

What next ....

agree

That one tickles me

" what we clapping for mate"

" A player subbed his toe who players for stoke last week and comes from cardiff "

" Oh well lets clap "

:lol: :lol: exactly
but quite seriously ive been stood there on minute x when everyone starts clapping,includding those next to me. without a scoobee doo who what or why

Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:28 pm

davids wrote:What on Earth was that all about tonight?

Clapping and cheering for a player who has never played for Cardiff and was doing his best to prevent us getting three points from the game.

I wonder about some of our fans sometimes. :?

Well I never clapped him.At the very least it was an error of judgement.
He should have called the girl a taxi and sent her home.
What if it was your daughter it would be a different story.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:58 pm

Malkythegreat wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:A question for those who clapped him..

If you were born 30 miles west would you be clapping Cardiff??

To answer question as I hope you answer mine. Yes I would if being born 30 miles east would have meant he followed the same path and was imprisoned. But in reality his live would have taken a different path and there be no need to clap him. Hope this helps you out and you feel better.

ROATHIE ALERT!!! :roll:

Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:22 pm

I clapped him.
If it was my daughter or sister I wouldn't have.
He is also someones father/brother/son also so we should also consider that.
If he had scored then I would have been gutted obviously.
I clapped because he is a Welshman, he doesn't play for the Gyppo's down the road and he was wrongly convicted.
He made a massive error but so have many others cheated on their wives partners and have had no such repercussions.
I would never defend his actions but he did not deserve what happened.
That's it in a nutshell from me.
He was not expecting it either which sat better with me.
I feel it showed Cardiff fans in a very good light.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:02 pm

Jes wrote:I clapped him.
I clapped because he is a Welshman, he doesn't play for the Gyppo's down the road and he was wrongly convicted.
He made a massive error but so have many others cheated on their wives partners and have had no such repercussions.

That sums it up nicely :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:58 pm

bluespeers wrote:

Really? :shock:

You obviously didn't read the actual facts of his initial conviction and his subsequent acquittal? Far too long and deep to go into on here but I think you'll find that it was deemed 'unsafe' for legal reasons (after a £50k battle to find 'something/anything' rather than that it never actually happened. Go do some research. It's massively contradictory depending on what sides version you read and only he and (possibly) the girl will ever really know the truth now!

In relation to this thread though, cheering on a player 'just for being Welsh' is a fallacy, as it rarely happens at other times unless that player is a respected ex-Bluebird. This particular act was undoubtedly a simple act of 'laddishness' :(

Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:37 pm

Sven wrote:
bluespeers wrote:

Quote (Sven): "It's massively contradictory depending on what sides version you read and only he and (possibly) the girl will ever really know the truth now!"

That line summed up my reasoning. Thankyou

Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:44 pm

Jes wrote:
Sven wrote:
bluespeers wrote:

Quote (Sven): "It's massively contradictory depending on what sides version you read and only he and (possibly) the girl will ever really know the truth now!"

You're welcome :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:20 pm

Sven wrote:
bluespeers wrote:

Really? :shock:

You obviously didn't read the actual facts of his initial conviction and his subsequent acquittal? Far too long and deep to go into on here but I think you'll find that it was deemed 'unsafe' for legal reasons (after a £50k battle to find 'something/anything' rather than that it never actually happened. Go do some research. It's massively contradictory depending on what sides version you read and only he and (possibly) the girl will ever really know the truth now!

In relation to this thread though, cheering on a player 'just for being Welsh' is a fallacy, as it rarely happens at other times unless that player is a respected ex-Bluebird. This particular act was undoubtedly a simple act of 'laddishness' :(

That may well be true and you banged the nail on the head. About time white British heterosexual males stood up for themselves instead of being shafted every which way.

In turns of laddishness is that the same sort of laddishness when some on this forum get hard ones when there's the tiniest bit of pushing and shoving at a football match whether Cardiff are playing or not??

Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:22 pm

Any way I apologise for posting after I had I'm finished. But you guys here have managed to drag me in with well mannered serious debate in defence of you views. I take my hat off to you gentleman.

Long may it continue.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:47 am

Sven wrote:
Jes wrote:
Sven wrote:
bluespeers wrote:

here we go again, listen Ched was found NOT GUILTY, we could use the comment 'only he and the girl will ever know' in a hell of a lot of murder/manslaughter/rape/not guilty cases throughout time. A lot on here were anti-Ched at the time of court case, and no matter what the outcome they were not going to change their views. His clapping on Tuesday was similar to the Birmingham six being clapped outside courts upon their release. Ched would of been in Euro2016 if it wasnt for this.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:30 am

BEEP AHM wrote:
Sven wrote:
Jes wrote:
Sven wrote:
bluespeers wrote:

here we go again, listen Ched was found NOT GUILTY, we could use the comment 'only he and the girl will ever know' in a hell of a lot of murder/manslaughter/rape/not guilty cases throughout time. A lot on here were anti-Ched at the time of court case, and no matter what the outcome they were not going to change their views. His clapping on Tuesday was similar to the Birmingham six being clapped outside courts upon their release. Ched would of been in Euro2016 if it wasnt for this.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

well i was someone that argued against the rape conviction. not anti or pro Ched..i just simply could not see proof of rape..
however..facts are..she left the kebab shop with another man and not Ched.
got in a taxi with another man and not Ched
went to a hotel with another man and not Ched
got in to bed with another man and not Ched
ched admits having not ever spoken to her.
he had sex with spectators watching and filming through a window.
left via a fire escape. leaving the girl to wake in a strange place having pissed the bed.. bewildered. ..
no proof of rape..Ched says there was consent..she cant remember sex let alone consent.
but to me those that blindly clapped Tuesday because he couldnt be proved a rapist..are exactly the same as Jessica Ennis and co . people that couldnt wait to take a side regardless of right and wrong or the evidence.his actions might not have been illegal but at best they were grubby and sordid
..i dont think there are emojis for those

Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:05 am

The girl never made a claim she was raped she never called the police, she was bullied into it by people looking for they own person gains and couldn't care less about the girl or ched.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:21 am

dogfound wrote:
BEEP AHM wrote:
Sven wrote:
Jes wrote:
Sven wrote:
bluespeers wrote:

well i was someone that argued against the rape conviction. not anti or pro Ched..i just simply could not see proof of rape..
left via a fire escape. leaving the girl to wake in a strange place having pissed the bed.. bewildered. ..
no proof of rape..Ched says there was consent..she cant remember sex let alone consent.
but to me those that blindly clapped Tuesday because he couldnt be proved a rapist..are exactly the same as Jessica Ennis and co . people that couldnt wait to take a side regardless of right and wrong or the evidence.his actions might not have been illegal but at best they were grubby and sordid

We are not the International Court of Human Rights or the European Court of Justice, we are Cardiff City fans. I don't care if he was the vicar of Dibley. He was an opposition player coming on, he should have been made to feel uncomfortable.......

Hudson, Marshall, Whitts,Rambo, Kav (as a manager) are they only ones I would clap before the KO.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:51 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
BEEP AHM wrote:
Sven wrote:
Jes wrote:
Sven wrote:
bluespeers wrote:

We are not the International Court of Human Rights or the European Court of Justice, we are Cardiff City fans. I don't care if he was the vicar of Dibley. He was an opposition player coming on, he should have been made to feel uncomfortable.......

Hudson, Marshall, Whitts,Rambo, Kav (as a manager) are they only ones I would clap before the KO.

Lol. Zzzzzzzzzz

Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:00 pm

I clapped him but I cut short of singing his name as some done in the Canton.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:59 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I clapped him but I cut short of singing his name as some done in the Canton.

I was told you started the singing :o

Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:54 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:I clapped him but I cut short of singing his name as some done in the Canton.

I was told you started the singing :o

Look I gave Kenwyn Jones the Bird and had a kip on another occasion but I didn't do that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: