What's occurring at the turnstiles?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby tuniwes » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:12 pm

Presented my my brand new season ticket to the turnstile on Saturday
No uou're an alien you cant come in!
Steward told me to go to the ticket office to sort it out
20 min queue..gave me a paper ticket..come back Tuesday and your ST will be waiting
Came back....queued....go to the red ticket office to claim your ST
Went to the red office..Queued...no ST
Back to the ticket office...another paper ticket and we'll post out a replacement ST

Meanwhile my boy who kept his ST from last year fails at the turnstile
He goes to the ticket office, gets a paper copy that also failed!...the stewards after a debate let him thankfully

We're having a beer sitting on the Canton bandstand and watched countless other unlucky punters fail to get into the ground
and no doubt go through the same tedious treatment...go to the ticket office and queue etc

I paid for my ST in full (early) and not happy to have to go through this tedious and annoying scenario
tuniwes

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: WTF is going on at the turnstiles

Postby Sven » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:38 pm

As stated, it's happened to many supporters already this season and it happened to one I walked to the stadium with tonight. Oddly, theirs worked fine on Tuesday but not tonight for some reason! :?

A 15 minute wait outside the turnstiles whilst her partner waited inside was pretty frustrating and the kick off was missed as a result. Not good but (as I pointed out to more than one or two) NOT the dealing stewards fault either! :roll:

I wish people would take their frustrations out on the right people and not those left to deal with little or no knowledge of 'why' the problem occurred...although I seem to recall there was a pre-season message somewhere saying there had been issues with new season tickets only and it may be that paper tickets would be issued for the first few games? :?
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby phildavies » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:57 am

Happend to my season ticket today for some reason no bother though Stewart immediately gave me paper ticket so I didn't miss kick off thankfully
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby theclaw » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:49 am

My sons was rejected yesterday and he was given a paper ticket by the steward.It would piss me off a bit to go back to the ticket office.
theclaw

Postby bluebird58 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:10 am

My son's ST came up with a red light on Saturday despite paying being paid for fully early with mine which worked fine. Queued for 15 minutes before being told the ticket would now work, which it did. Last night the same thing happened and we ended up missing the first 5 minutes of the game. By this time there were more than 20 people waiting for attention with the same or similar issue at Gate 5. Did this happen at other gates? Perhaps this thread could be made a sticky to emphasise the scale of the problem?
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Re: What's occurring at the turnstiles?

Postby troobloo3339 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:37 pm

It's not just new ones
My old one was reactivated worked fine on Saturday didn't work last night
Then the steward at gate 5 checked on his machine it said no match
I think he zapped it through his machine and said it would now work next time
Hmmm we will see
troobloo3339

Postby bluebird58 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:02 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:It's not just new ones
My old one was reactivated worked fine on Saturday didn't work last night
Then the steward at gate 5 checked on his machine it said no match
I think he zapped it through his machine and said it would now work next time
Hmmm we will see

I went to the ticket office this morning and they issued my son with a new season ticket card on the spot. I know this isn't feasible for everybody, but it was a very quick process. Hopefully this one will one will work when we go to the QPR game.
bluebird58

Postby gwentbluebirds » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:25 pm

My son's wouldn't work last night either although it worked perfectly fine on Saturday. This was also Gate 5 is there a pattern developing? He also missed nearly 10 mins of kick off because of this issue
gwentbluebirds

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:41 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:My son's wouldn't work last night either although it worked perfectly fine on Saturday. This was also Gate 5 is there a pattern developing? He also missed nearly 10 mins of kick off because of this issue

I don't think the issue is with gate 5.
I was with people on Saturday when the tickets wouldn't work on gate 9 and gate 4.
The ticket office repaired them (software issue) and they worked fine last night.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby tuniwes » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:37 pm

My problems were at gate 4

I found the experience very frustrating and annoying but at the same time the stewards and the ticket office staff are doing their best to deal with a systemic failure that is not their fault.

So...I was very patient and treated the staff accordingly whilst absolutely boiling beneath the facade

This is probably outsourced to an IT company, in my professional experience the IT bods don't have a clue when it comes to facing up to responsibility or getting the job done

Thankfully on the pitch NW is a master at this and by 25 mins into the match my grumbles regarding getting my arse on the seat I had paid for seemed irrelevant

A win at Wolves would be absolutely mind blowing....already in my treble...Bluebirds win....Leeds loose and so do the jacks

Do this every week has to be said without breaking the bookies...nevertheless I can't help it and at some point my faith in fate will "deliver the bacon" this season at some point...hopefully next weekend
tuniwes

Postby dogfound » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:02 am

gwentbluebirds wrote:My son's wouldn't work last night either although it worked perfectly fine on Saturday. This was also Gate 5 is there a pattern developing? He also missed nearly 10 mins of kick off because of this issue

think the ST problems also had a knock on effect.
i was late leaving the sand martin had no issues at gate 16 but on our way across saw hundreds maybe a thousand people in various very long queues at collection booth..ticket office and gates 3 and 4..
dogfound

Postby theclaw » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:39 am

Still a shambles at yesterday's game with lots of cards not working in the turnstiles including my sons again!!
theclaw

Postby phildavies » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:46 am

theclaw wrote:Still a shambles at yesterday's game with lots of cards not working in the turnstiles including my sons again!!

Yep mine and my dads didn't work again they have taken our ST off us now and will send us new cards so hopefully that will be the end of that.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby bluebird58 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:59 am

phildavies wrote:
theclaw wrote:Still a shambles at yesterday's game with lots of cards not working in the turnstiles including my sons again!!

Yep mine and my dads didn't work again they have taken our ST off us now and will send us new cards so hopefully that will be the end of that.

We went to the ticket office last week and they issued my son with a brand new ticket on the spot, which worked perfectly yesterday. (See above)

Apparently it's a problem with the RFID chips in the cards issued last season. A new card is needed
bluebird58

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:20 pm

one of our second issue new tickets failed to work yesterday (gate 4) went to the activation office and OK

Shambolic though.......
llan bluebird

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:20 pm

one of our second issue new tickets failed to work yesterday (gate 4) went to the activation office and OK

Shambolic though.......
llan bluebird

Postby gwentbluebirds » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:54 pm

My son had a problem again yesterday. Worked fine 1st game but not worked properly since. Club needs to sort this out
gwentbluebirds

Postby tuniwes » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:52 am

10 days on since the Sheffield game and my promised replacement ST had not arrived.

Yet another trip to the ticket office and they issued me with a replacement on the spot.
Third time of going through this process but thankfully it now works.
tuniwes

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:58 am

1st match mine worked, then on the second it didn't so had to cue outside for a paper ticket to be issued to gain entrance into the stadium, they kept my ST card. Got a new one in the post - last match it didn't work! Had to cue again. Really really frustrating as it costs us about 5-10 mins.
Once a blue always a blue44

Postby dogfound » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:19 pm

hope you are all writing or emailing club to complain.
the knock on effect is walk ups {new or re interested fans } or anyone wanting to exchange flexi tickets for the game might be put off .
dogfound

Return to General Chat