TOMLIN........???

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: TOMLIN........???

Postby GrangeEndStar » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:42 pm

Bellamys barmy army wrote:What Warnock seems to do that very few other managers have done is have players available who can play in different situations.

Against tough teams away from home with creative players in the middle when we are expected to be on the back foot I think it's certain Tomlin won't start. He wants the legs of Gunnar, Ralls and Loic and I think that's the 3 we will see Saturday

Against teams where we are expected to dictate and need that magic to break down defenders he will start those games, you could see him always looking for that killer pass, little touches and he's going to have games where everything comes off and we blow teams away, the man is class and he fits in naturally in that number 10 position simply because he has Ralls and Gunnar behind him doing all the legwork

I think we have the perfect midfield for what you need in the championship and I think Tomlin will be vital to us this year in games last year we may have drawn or struggled to break teams down

Good comment.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Bluebina » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:51 am

Mikey27 wrote:Personally I have to agree with the OP at the moment. I thought he looked very pedestrian at times and as the OP also said, he did look a little shattered half way through the game while other players were still running their socks off.

Having said all that, when he did manage to get on the ball you could see there was a touch of class about his play and a player we'd need in a tight game to make the break through.

Its very early doors yet and that was the first time I have seen him play for the city so this is just a first impression of him. I'm sure he'll improve as the season goes on and will make some great contributions in games.

I agree with you two, he tried really hard but looked of the pace to me on Tuesday.
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:53 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:
Bellamys barmy army wrote:What Warnock seems to do that very few other managers have done is have players available who can play in different situations.

Against tough teams away from home with creative players in the middle when we are expected to be on the back foot I think it's certain Tomlin won't start. He wants the legs of Gunnar, Ralls and Loic and I think that's the 3 we will see Saturday

Against teams where we are expected to dictate and need that magic to break down defenders he will start those games, you could see him always looking for that killer pass, little touches and he's going to have games where everything comes off and we blow teams away, the man is class and he fits in naturally in that number 10 position simply because he has Ralls and Gunnar behind him doing all the legwork

I think we have the perfect midfield for what you need in the championship and I think Tomlin will be vital to us this year in games last year we may have drawn or struggled to break teams down

Good comment.

I do agree with all of that and think he will do well, but I thought he was off the pace on Tuesday
Bluebina

Postby pontlliwblue » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:40 pm

horses for courses. There will be games when were' crying out for someone to unlock the bus parked infront of the opponents goal (Tomlin) and there will be games we need the high energy level of Damour whose to say that on occasions they might both play. Great to have the options, as much as I loved Whits we are a different proposition this year.
pontlliwblue

Previous

Return to General Chat