Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WARNOCK CLOSE TO PULLING OFF SURPRISE NEW SIGNING "

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:02 pm

" MAYBE ONE IN & ONE OUT AT CARDIFF CITY SAYS NEIL WARNOCK "

Tuesday 15th August 2017

By Tom Coleman

Neil Warnock has revealed he is close to pulling off a surprise new Cardiff City signing – but confirmed the Bluebirds could see Joe Bennett depart after talks were opened with Fulham over the full-back.

Warnock has been seeking for extra options for his squad and has been keen to add an eighth new signing following a start to the season that has seen Cardiff win all three of their opening league fixtures for the first time in history.

And he admitted he has tabled an offer for an unnamed player as he talked up left-footed cover and confirmed Fulham had begun negotiations over the potential exit of Bennett.

Warnock did stress Bennett – who has a release clause in his contract – was not guaranteed to leave and missed Tuesday night's win over Sheffield United with a calf injury.

“I've spoken to him tonight and they are talking to our people,” Warnock said of Fulham's interest in the former Aston Villa man. “I'm not aware of anything definite, but I think he has a buy-out clause in his contract so it's up to them to meet it, and if they do they're entitled to talk to him. It doesn't mean he's going anywhere, mind.”

Asked if he would consider accepting the Bennett cash to fund the strengthening of the squad in other areas, Warnock said: “We're always looking. You don't know what's going to happen in the next two or three weeks, but we're quietly confident bringing someone in. We're missing a natural left-footer and we're struggling on that at the minute, but we will look at options in case people leave which is what we're doing.

“And I might be getting someone else this week if I get a chance; I've made an offer for a player that no-one knows about yet.

“But I'm looking how we can keep topping the squad up so if we get one or two injuries in certain areas we've got enough. I'm looking for hungry type of player come into squad.”

Warnock confirmed he rested both Lee Peltier and Loic Damour from the side that beat Villa but are hopeful he will have both fit to return against fellow unbeaten starters Wolves on Saturday.

Warnock did stress Bennett – who has a release clause in his contract – was not guaranteed to leave and missed Tuesday night's win over Sheffield United with a calf injury.

“I've spoken to him tonight and they are talking to our people,” Warnock said of Fulham's interest in the former Aston Villa man. “I'm not aware of anything definite, but I think he has a buy-out clause in his contract so it's up to them to meet it, and if they do they're entitled to talk to him. It doesn't mean he's going anywhere, mind.”

Asked if he would consider accepting the Bennett cash to fund the strengthening of the squad in other areas, Warnock said: “We're always looking. You don't know what's going to happen in the next two or three weeks, but we're quietly confident bringing someone in. We're missing a natural left-footer and we're struggling on that at the minute, but we will look at options in case people leave which is what we're doing.

“And I might be getting someone else this week if I get a chance; I've made an offer for a player that no-one knows about yet.

“But I'm looking how we can keep topping the squad up so if we get one or two injuries in certain areas we've got enough. I'm looking for hungry type of player come into squad.”

Warnock confirmed he rested both Lee Peltier and Loic Damour from the side that beat Villa but are hopeful he will have both fit to return against fellow unbeaten starters Wolves on Saturday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " MAYBE ONE IN & ONE OUT AT CARDIFF CITY SAYS NEIL WARNO

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:05 pm

Player in from fleetwood!

Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:21 am

boyo1927 wrote:Player in from fleetwood!

Name?

Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:22 am

Bogle for one.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:58 am

I don't have the name my guess is bell to replace Bennett

Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:30 am

Special player??

I'm hoping Bennett regrets them - he could be missing something special here and he's been great since he arrived

Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:26 am

boyo1927 wrote:I don't have the name my guess is bell to replace Bennett

No he was great in his time but surely Gary Bell is a bit too old now?

Re: " WARNOCK CLOSE TO PULLING OFF SURPRISE NEW SIGNING "

Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:26 am

Amari'i Bell seems highly rated, and seems to fit the profile of the type of left sided player we would want. Out of contract next year and fleetwood already confirmed would sell for £1m, lots of champ clubs linked though

Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:34 am

Omar Bogle

Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:35 am

Surely players can see we could have something special here and will want to be a part of it?

Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:37 am

City Slicker wrote:

Lol I think bell is only coming if Bennett leaves!

Omar Bogle is the surprise I been told

Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:52 am

boyo1927 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

Lol I think bell is only coming if Bennett leaves!

Omar Bogle is the surprise I been told

as long as bogle isnt kens replacement i'd be happy to have him on board

Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:36 pm

Bogle to Cardiff straight swop for Noonie!

Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:07 pm

Bogle is left footed. And sources on twitter suggest he's joining tomorrow

Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:14 pm

He's got to be called Sid...

Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:23 pm

I believe fleetwood is the club the replacement would come from not Cunningham