THE DRUM

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE DRUM

Postby nubbsy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:35 am

I do appreciate the energy put in by the drummers and on occasions we do need them... But PLEASE not ALL the way through a game!!!!

Especially when the atmosphere is already buzzing. It kills off a whole list of our more original songs and leaves absolutely no space for new ones, it's even killed the 'bluebirds' chant after we have a good attack.

The drums should be used now and then to stir some chants up and get it going. But not a constant repeat of 3/4 songs, most of which are pretty generic!

Just my two pence worth... Does anyone else feel the same way?
nubbsy

THE DRUM

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: THE DRUM

Postby JJ1927 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:01 am

nubbsy wrote:I do appreciate the energy put in by the drummers and on occasions we do need them... But PLEASE not ALL the way through a game!!!!

Especially when the atmosphere is already buzzing. It kills off a whole list of our more original songs and leaves absolutely no space for new ones, it's even killed the 'bluebirds' chant after we have a good attack.

The drums should be used now and then to stir some chants up and get it going. But not a constant repeat of 3/4 songs, most of which are pretty generic!

Totally agree with you with every word.
JJ1927

Postby theclaw » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:07 am

nubbsy wrote:I do appreciate the energy put in by the drummers and on occasions we do need them... But PLEASE not ALL the way through a game!!!!

Spot on fair play,
theclaw

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:58 am

The Sol Bamba chant doesn't need a drum, just some people to join in when we start it. Since everyone is so keen to sing, don't be shy and join in the next game. :ayatollah:
103 Barmy Army

Postby City Slicker » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:35 pm

I love it myself
City Slicker

Postby MalkyandBlueIN » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:44 pm

Completely agree.

Needed at times but does prevent a natural atmosphere at times e.g. After an attack, bluebirds chant begins but drum is banging starting another song.

Another problem is that it repeats the same song. I have a feeling that as a result of its constant use, the canton is now reliant on it to sing. It does go quiet if the drum doesn't start a song.

I did look up at the drummers the other day and it was a young chap just banging the drum for the sake of it and so preventing any song from actually starting. Maybe to young for such a responsibility?

Not having a dig, just constructive criticism. It is needed at times.
MalkyandBlueIN

Postby nubbsy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:45 pm

City Slicker wrote:I love it myself

So do I, at times it's great. I'm not bashing the drumming, just the consistency it's used.

Don't you agree with what I said about it drowning out alot of our more original songs and not giving a chance for new ones?
nubbsy

Postby Igovernor » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:49 pm

Well, I have always been dead set against the drums, but to tell you the truth, I don't even notice them now :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby WelshPatriot » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:31 pm

Bloody hate the thing. I think they can drum 2-3 chants at max and its fecking continual. I've heard them drum over people as they start their own chant.
WelshPatriot

Postby BobbyBlue » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:31 pm

I'm right in front of the drums and they don't bother me, I enjoy it when the drums start of a chant, if I didn't like the drums I'd move I suppose.
BobbyBlue

Postby City Slicker » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:29 pm

nubbsy wrote:

So do I, at times it's great. I'm not bashing the drumming, just the consistency it's used.

Don't you agree with what I said about it drowning out alot of our more original songs and not giving a chance for new ones?

Yes, fair point, I think there needs to be more coordination between drummers and fans. I've seen it in foreign stadia and it can be incredible when they get it right. I'd go the full hog and have a complete band myself with pyrotechnics and everything......but that's me, over the top I'm afraid :oops:
City Slicker

Postby nubbsy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:43 pm

City Slicker wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Yes, fair point, I think there needs to be more coordination between drummers and fans. I've seen it in foreign stadia and it can be incredible when they get it right. I'd go the full hog and have a complete band myself with pyrotechnics and everything......but that's me, over the top I'm afraid :oops:

horses for courses, can't see Mr Nash setting off any fireworks any time soon haha!

I just think they need to be utilised at the right time rather than all of the time!
nubbsy

Postby City Slicker » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:51 pm

nubbsy wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

horses for courses, can't see Mr Nash setting off any fireworks any time soon haha!

I just think they need to be utilised at the right time rather than all of the time!

I'm sorry if I've been banging on about it :oops:
City Slicker

Postby cityman » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:20 pm

Agre mate, the intro are getting longer I'm standing there waiting for the drop... there it is start singing ..when I was young or Fck that song again :lol: :lol:
cityman

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:27 pm

Spot on Nubbsy. I love the Bluebirds chant straight after a near miss etc. and obviously it's unique to our club.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby bluuebird69 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:01 pm

i agree, i have not heard il be their in a while maybe its time for some of the oldies to be brought back out the closet we need the old atmosphere like we had at ninian park hopefully that side of cardiff will come back :bluescarf:
bluuebird69

Postby dogfound » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:15 pm

i agree..the drum defo helps get people going but as you say dictates chants and stifles others.
was in 201 last night and thought the Canton was very good..
dogfound

Postby Man of Harlech » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:38 pm

Well said. I could not agree more.
Man of Harlech

Postby RV Casual » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:20 pm

Stayed out of this but I have to agree, Iv been watching this for a while now, and the drum is killing the atmosphere, not improving it, just my opinion before anyone has a meltdown.
RV Casual

Postby Dahboy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:05 pm

If I hear it again I'll stick a knife in it.
Dahboy

Postby Woody CCFC » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:30 pm

Don't need a drum like we don't need giant flags being waved when we score.this aint America
Woody CCFC

Postby Xcasual » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:35 pm

Dahboy wrote:If I hear it again I'll stick a knife in it.

:lol: :lol: :occasion5:
Xcasual

Postby RV Casual » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:34 pm

We used to have a great repertoire of songs back in the day and no drum was needed, we have nothing now.

I here'd some young uns in the pub yesterday singing their own version of 'Coleman had a dream' and thought how the stuff does stuff like this never catch on anymore like the Peter Thorne is magic etc used to.

Warnock had a dream
To save our Football team
He bought Sol Bamba
and played Zohore in attack, ZOHORE in attack.
The bluebirds are back
and playing in blue, blue, blue
watch out championship, we're coming for you, der der der, der der der....

Ok granted, they are pronouncing Zohores name wrong but who cares, its a football chant, I can remember when I was a kid singing and wondering who the hell Arthur f*cking Newup was until the penny finally dropped :lol:

All it takes is a bit of imagination and people to join is, Wales have proved this. :thumbup:
RV Casual

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:59 pm

RV Casual wrote:We used to have a great repertoire of songs back in the day and no drum was needed, we have nothing now.

I here'd some young uns in the pub yesterday singing their own version of 'Coleman had a dream' and thought how the stuff does stuff like this never catch on anymore like the Peter Thorne is magic etc used to.

Warnock had a dream
To save our Football team
He bought Sol Bamba
and played Zohore in attack, ZOHORE in attack.
The bluebirds are back
and playing in blue, blue, blue
watch out championship, we're coming for you, der der der, der der der....

Ok granted, they are pronouncing Zohores name wrong but who cares, its a football chant, I can remember when I was a kid singing and wondering who the hell Arthur f*cking Newup was until the penny finally dropped :lol:

All it takes is a bit of imagination and people to join is, Wales have proved this. :thumbup:

That's quality, fair play!
103 Barmy Army

Postby boyo1927 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:48 am

Spot on can this message get to the drummers! They are far to constant only needed a few times when crowd goes flat! Timing and when to use them needs improving
boyo1927

Postby nubbsy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:14 am

boyo1927 wrote:

Spot on can this message get to the drummers! They are far to constant only needed a few times when crowd goes flat! Timing and when to use them needs improving

I think it's vince alm isn't it? There seems to be a general agreement maybe someone can share this thread with him on fb.
nubbsy

Return to General Chat