Neil Etheridge & Sean Morrison

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby MalkyandBlueIN » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:39 am

Both players have really impressed me so far this season.

Etheridge was shaky at Burton with poor handling and kicking but since then has proved a safe pair of hands and a quality find. His height allows him to command the box.

Sean Morrison has been slated on here and many think that he should not be captain. But his performance against Burton, Villa and Sheffield has more than proved his price tag and captaincy status. He deserves so much more credit and it was his goal that settled us last night. You will struggle to find a CB in the championship that scores as consistently as he does.

Our squad really is impressive and solid. Early days yet but the players are busting their gut for Warnock.

Wolves away this weekend will however tell us a lot more about the capabilities of our team :thumbright: :bluebird:
MalkyandBlueIN

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Neil Etheridge & Sean Morrison

Postby gwentbluebirds » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:12 am

Said it time and time again. Morrison is a valuable asset. With his goals and aerial threat not appreciated enough
gwentbluebirds

Postby eddiep » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:26 am

Was impressed with Morrison last night

What I did find a concern was using Manga at full back and Bamba has a mistake in him -

Morrison got dragged out of the box a couple of times chasing down and had also had to drift to cover Manga

While Jazz had to pull out of shape to cover when Samba burst left defence on a few occasions.

When we all push up in attack it can leave us exposed at the back....

Not a dig but an observation
:bluescarf:
you reap what you sow
eddiep

Postby TaffEmbankment » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:25 pm

MalkyandBlueIN wrote:Both players have really impressed me so far this season.

Etheridge was shaky at Burton with poor handling and kicking but since then has proved a safe pair of hands and a quality find. His height allows him to command the box.

Sean Morrison has been slated on here and many think that he should not be captain. But his performance against Burton, Villa and Sheffield has more than proved his price tag and captaincy status. He deserves so much more credit and it was his goal that settled us last night. You will struggle to find a CB in the championship that scores as consistently as he does.

Our squad really is impressive and solid. Early days yet but the players are busting their gut for Warnock.

Wolves away this weekend will however tell us a lot more about the capabilities of our team :thumbright: :bluebird:

I must say I have been one of the slaters of Morrison over the past couple of seasons- but this season he looks like a totally different player. He now actually looks like a leader/captain on the pitch. I never understood why NW was putting so much faith in him, keeping him captain and rejecting a £3m bid, but now its beginning to pay dividends and SM is starting to repay the faith that NW put in him. Long may it continue :ayatollah:
TaffEmbankment

Postby cityman » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:52 pm

eddiep wrote:Was impressed with Morrison last night

What I did find a concern was using Manga at full back and Bamba has a mistake in him -

Morrison got dragged out of the box a couple of times chasing down and had also had to drift to cover Manga

While Jazz had to pull out of shape to cover when Samba burst left defence on a few occasions.

When we all push up in attack it can leave us exposed at the back....

Not a dig but an observation
:bluescarf:

Agree While I find manga a good centre half he did look out of his comfort zone at fullback
cityman

Postby welshrarebit » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:59 pm

Whilst manga didn't look entirely at ease playing further up field and on the right. It did give bamba and Morrison a chance to almost dovetail or piston back and forth a bit. Morrison was certainly higher up on occasions.
welshrarebit

Postby Malkythegreat » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:09 pm

I'm not a Morrison fan and hopes he leave for a tidy sum in the summer but have to say now glad he still here been really impressed with him. Hope it's not just a flash in the pan.
Malkythegreat

Return to General Chat