Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Updated ' Vincent Tan - Talksport Interview - Audio link

Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:48 am

Here is a link to the Vincent Tan interview on TalkSport with Jim White that has just aired:

https://soundcloud.com/user-310643160/c ... rum-upload

:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

TRANSCRIPT BELOW :thumbright: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Vincent Tan - Talksport Interview - Audio link

Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:49 am

Sorry about the quality, i recorded it off a radio with my mobile phone, hopefully it will be downloadable via talksport website later

Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:05 pm

Gavin quality is fine, good job :thumbup:

Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:15 pm

Thanks Gavin :thumbright:

VINCENT TAN:

"Neil is doing a very good job and knows the Championship"

"I told Neil someone else spend all my money"

"We spent £3mill this season and will only buy more player when we sell somebody"

"We don't need lot of money in the Championship,it's the spirit of the players, look at Leicester City, they not spend and look at Jamie Vardy"

" I like Neil as he is frank and we have no money and don't do what my previous manager did"

"We don't need big money"

"I said it many times if there is an offer to sell, I would but no good offer"

"I have spent £180mill on Cardiff City"

"We get back in Premier League, then I get my money back, as someone would pay more for them"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:27 pm

It's possible if we get to the prem a bidder could come in and Tan could sell, but there are a lot worse people out there that could be running or club than Tan, and the people who can't wait for Tan to leave may regret it if a new owner comes in. Besides turning us to red he's been fine, he won't leave us in finiancial ruin not his style.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:30 pm

He says no more money will be spent unless players are sold and replacements are needed, but Warnock said last night he has put in a bid for a player?

I can only assume this player is dependant on Bennett joining Fulham.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:32 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:He says no more money will be spent unless players are sold and replacements are needed, but Warnock said last night he has put in a bid for a player?

Ned, Yes I believe it is or Noone etc leaving.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:32 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:He says no more money will be spent unless players are sold and replacements are needed, but Warnock said last night he has put in a bid for a player?

I think that's pretty obvious yes.

Re: ' Updated ' Vincent Tan - Talksport Interview - Audio li

Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:43 pm

Still has a chip on his shoulder if you ask me.CCFC :bluescarf: :bluebird:
IMG_4002.PNG

Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:21 pm

You made some bad calls Tan, trusted the wrong people and you we're foolish with your cheque book. You need to get over it and move on for the sake of the club.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:36 pm

I think he's a very silly man in many ways. His failed project has been rescued by the installation of a top class manager and he could possibly be on the brink of the best period in the club's history. I fully expect Warnock not to make the same mistakes Malky made if we achieve promotion this time.

If we get up and stay up he will be lauded by most of the fans (which seems to be his main motivation) and he would reap more than the £118m he says he's lost. In the larger scheme of things it's small beer. He would do better to man up, forget the past and look forward to a bright future with all of us.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:38 pm

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:05 pm

If we carry on in this form, and are up there come January, Tan would be foolish NOT to give NW significant funds to get us promoted. The best and most experienced manager in this division.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:55 pm

City Slicker wrote:I think he's a very silly man in many ways. His failed project has been rescued by the installation of a top class manager and he could possibly be on the brink of the best period in the club's history. I fully expect Warnock not to make the same mistakes Malky made if we achieve promotion this time.

If we get up and stay up he will be lauded by most of the fans (which seems to be his main motivation) and he would reap more than the £118m he says he's lost. In the larger scheme of things it's small beer. He would do better to man up, forget the past and look forward to a bright future with all of us.

I suppose it's easy to tell VT to forget the past and man up but everyone one of us would have the same gripe if someone had blown £118m of our personal fortune :shock: .

But I truly hope somehow he can put it all behind him and we can make it to the PL and become established, then sell to some super rich Chinese or Middle Eastern businessman so he gets his cash back.

That would be the best scenario for all concerned and he would leave with my best wishes, although there will always be those with a spiteful vindictive agenda.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:00 pm

He also said only £3m was spent :? But Tomlin was reported to be £2.9m Patterson £400k and Ward £1.6m which is £4.9m. If the £3m is correct then we must have either paid much less than reported fees or they are heavily dependent on promotion, appearance and goals incentives.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:42 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

He also said only £3m was spent :? But Tomlin was reported to be £2.9m Patterson £400k and Ward £1.6m which is £4.9m. If the £3m is correct then we must have either paid much less than reported fees or they are heavily dependent on promotion, appearance and goals incentives.

maybe its 3mill net after the huws and saadi fees.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:05 am

dogfound wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

maybe its 3mill net after the huws and saadi fees.

Of course it is.
They talk in net.