UPDATED " CARDIFF CITY REJECT KENNETH ZOHORE BID "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED " CARDIFF CITY REJECT KENNETH ZOHORE BID "

Postby Sven » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:46 am

Bluesman wrote:If City let their best players go the fans will also go. If we can get promoted the money we will make will far outstrip any transfer fees we could get.

Spot on! :thumbup: :ayatollah: :clap:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby City Slicker » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:54 am

Sven wrote:
Bluesman wrote:If City let their best players go the fans will also go. If we can get promoted the money we will make will far outstrip any transfer fees we could get.

Agree with both of you! There's absolutely no virtue in selling Ken now whatever the offer:-

A) Because this time next year the offer is likely to be much more, quite likely from bigger clubs
B) Because by January we will have a good idea if we have a credible promotion push on our hands and in which case the club might have the best of all worlds, Promotion, More Money, Bigger Fan Base and Gates and an appreciating asset in Ken. To sell now would be totally dumb business and I don't believe we'll make that mistake again :thumbup:
City Slicker

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:04 am

City Slicker wrote:
Sven wrote:

Agree with both of you! There's absolutely no virtue in selling Ken now whatever the offer:-

A) Because this time next year the offer is likely to be much more, quite likely from bigger clubs
B) Because by January we will have a good idea if we have a credible promotion push on our hands and in which case the club might have the best of all worlds, Promotion, More Money, Bigger Fan Base and Gates and an appreciating asset in Ken. To sell now would be totally dumb business and I don't believe we'll make that mistake again :thumbup:

The last figure I saw showed 8 PL clubs showing a loss, and of the 12 that made a profit most was small money of around £1m or so. Keeping him or selling him is a gamble. No way of knowing if he is worth more or less now than he will be worth next May. If we were to get to the PL, the money we receive will be big, but if we want to stay there so will the money we have to spend. I hope we keep him, but I suppose we will soon know how much of a gambler Mr Tan is.
Steve Zodiak

Previous

Return to General Chat