UPDATED " CARDIFF CITY REJECT KENNETH ZOHORE BID "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:49 pm

" CARDIFF CITY REJECT KENNETH ZOHORE BID "

BUT MORE BIDS EXPECTED.

' UPDATED ' Thursday 17th August 2017

Cardiff City are prepared to fight off any late window interest in striker Kenneth Zohore after turning down a fresh £10m bid from Hull City.

Hull had already been warned off the frontman earlier this summer but have returned with an improved offer in a bid to tempt him away from Cardiff City Stadium, it is believed that Hull are again expected to come back again with an increased bid.

Chris Hughton manager of Brighton is also expected to come in with a bid for Zohore after watching Johore already twice this season.

Wednesday 16th August 2017

Hull Daily Mail

By William Jackson

Hull City have had a £10m offer rejected for Cardiff City striker Kenneth Zohore.

The Tigers had seen a £6m offer for the Danish forward rebuffed earlier in the transfer window before signing Fraizer Campbell, but have now re-ignited their interest.

Hull City are currently short on attacking options and with Abel Hernandez being stretchered off with an Achilles injury in last night’s defeat to Wolverhampton Wanderers which is expected to keep him out for at least the next six months, Leonid Slutsky is looking to bolster his numbers up front.

Sources have suggested City had already put an improved offer in for Zohore prior to last night's defeat which saw Hernandez stretchered off.

The 23-year-old, who joined Cardiff City in January 2016 was in scintillating form towards the end of last season, something that has continued after bagging a goal and an assist this time around to take Cardiff to the summit of the Championship.

Hull City's only outlay so far this summer is the £4m spent on Kevin Stewart but given the sales of Harry Maguire and Andy Robertson, they do have a considerable war chest at their disposal.

With just two weeks left in the transfer window it appears the Tigers are willing to spend in order to bring in much needed reinforcements, but will they up their offer to land Zohore.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " CARDIFF CITY REJECT KENNETH ZOHORE BID "

Postby brickyblue » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:57 pm

Cant sell can we wouldn't be a good message to fans the direction of the club.
Equally if we keep him the message is we mean business.
Unless the offer is massive i just cant see us selling we made a good start Warnock is going for it without Zahore its an uphill battle.
U can see us keeping him.
Hopefully we do keep him :bluescarf:
brickyblue

Postby boyo1927 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:25 pm

I cannot see zahore wanting to join a club like Hull city? It's not a progression for him and we look more capable of promotion!
boyo1927

Postby Ibby » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:40 pm

I bet this kids head been turned by now.
Ibby

Postby gwentbluebirds » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:42 pm

If we sold him we would need to replace him.
A) Who would we find at his price.
B) Who would we find with half decent wages.
C) Simple answer don't sell FK off Hull you have had enough cheapies off us.
gwentbluebirds

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:42 pm

Ibby wrote:I bet this kids head been turned by now.

By Hull? Nah
2blue2handle

Postby langstoneBlue » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:49 pm

Zohore has made the mistake of moving at the wrong time when he was a teenager, he won't push for a move now imho. He needs NW as much as we need him, if the club decides to sell (for a crazy amount) that's another matter but can't see this happening
langstoneBlue

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:13 pm

langstoneBlue wrote:Zohore has made the mistake of moving at the wrong time when he was a teenager, he won't push for a move now imho. He needs NW as much as we need him, if the club decides to sell (for a crazy amount) that's another matter but can't see this happening

Without being ITK my gut instinct is exactly the same as your opinion. :thumbup:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Sven » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:24 pm

Do you actually read this forum?? :banghead: :oops:

Zohore has no desire to leave the club and is a Neil Warnock fan as much as (most of) the rest of us. His future here is secure and he is developing well under the coaching staffs who understand him. Neil Warnock has told him (as he has with others in the past) to do his job here and both the money and the glory will follow at the right time...hopefully with us! ;) :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby dogfound » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:25 pm

langstoneBlue wrote:Zohore has made the mistake of moving at the wrong time when he was a teenager, he won't push for a move now imho. He needs NW as much as we need him, if the club decides to sell (for a crazy amount) that's another matter but can't see this happening

its a very good point, but a relatively very short career.
i think under normal circumstance { clubs coming in with 3 to 5 mill bids and perhaps a couple of grand a week more wages } he would probably stay ...but as these bids get bigger and bigger,so will his / his agents leverage to get a contract that blows away what he earns here.
on one hand.things are working out for him here better than they have for him at a number of clubs over many years.. but he could have a drop in form or could have a career ending injury or a series of smaller injuries and simply never have a big move opportunity again..
personally i think the figures are now getting close to a point where the ballance will tip to a position where we wont be able to hold on to him.
dogfound

Postby PaulCCFC » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:44 pm

Bluebirds manager Neil Warnock, however, is adamant that the Yorkshire club’s interest in Zohore will come to nothing. “If Zohore goes anywhere from Cardiff – and we certainly don’t want that to happen – then it will be to one of the top ten clubs in the Premier League and nowhere else,” said the 67-year-old when speaking exclusively last night. “And it will be for a lot more than £10m as well.” Zohore joined the Bluebirds in January 2016 and has been in scintillating form this season, helping Warnock’s side to a maximum nine points from the opening three games.

Read more at: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/fo ... -1-8706740
PaulCCFC

Postby dogfound » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:04 pm

Sven wrote:

Zohore has no desire to leave the club and is a Neil Warnock fan as much as (most of) the rest of us. His future here is secure and he is developing well under the coaching staffs who understand him. Neil Warnock has told him (as he has with others in the past) to do his job here and both the money and the glory will follow at the right time...hopefully with us! ;) :ayatollah:

no opinions allowed.?

ALL football clubs sell players mate..everyone has a price..and when big offers come in big wages accompany them. and therefore often even the most loyal players have their heads turned.
be nice if this was not the case but im afraid it is and has been since 18 dot spit.
reallising this doesnt make anyone less a fan than you...doesnt mean people want him to stay less than you do..or want success less than you....
i think we have all read what the club and NW have said..but its football..these sort of things have been said a thousand times by various clubs and managers only for the player to then leave.
dogfound

Postby CityBlue93 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:14 am

Really think Zohore will be gone by end of window sadly, Bogle seems to be on his way to us and if we are doing one in one out as warnock suggested then there's only one name who would be on his way out...

hope im wrong mind but the past couple of weeks have been too good to be true, wouldnt be cardiff without something happening to bring us down to earth :lol:
CityBlue93

Postby fred keenor » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:56 am

fred keenor

Postby boyo1927 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:28 am

In the madness of today's football market I think 18m as a starting point! If that's met then five the war chest to Warnock! Bogle is strength in depth not his replacement
boyo1927

Postby bluebird7291 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:04 am

There is no way i'd be selling Zohore, not at any price.
if you are serious about going up. you don't sell your best players.
Couldn't care if its 30,40,50M.
honestly.

all that happens is every player we go for his price inflates.
Plus Zohore has everything, who else are we going to sign who can do what he does?
bluebird7291

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:05 am

' UPDATED ' Thursday 17th August 2017

Cardiff City are prepared to fight off any late window interest in striker Kenneth Zohore after turning down a fresh £10m bid from Hull City.

Hull had already been warned off the frontman earlier this summer but have returned with an improved offer in a bid to tempt him away from Cardiff City Stadium, it is believed that Hull are again expected to come back again with an increased bid.

Chris Hughton manager of Brighton is also expected to come in with a bid for Zohore after watching Johore already twice this season.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:41 am

bluebird7291 wrote:There is no way i'd be selling Zohore, not at any price.
honestly.

Plus Zohore has everything, who else are we going to sign who can do what he does?

We've done it before and we'll do it again. Just hope it's not this time.
Steve Zodiak

Postby theclaw » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:48 am

CityBlue93 wrote:Really think Zohore will be gone by end of window sadly, Bogle seems to be on his way to us and if we are doing one in one out as warnock suggested then there's only one name who would be on his way out...

hope im wrong mind but the past couple of weeks have been too good to be true, wouldnt be cardiff without something happening to bring us down to earth :lol:

If we intend to sell Zohore for £10m+ I believe we would have a little bit better than Bogle for his direct replacement.Bogle is the guys back up if/when needed for emergency situations and Warnock will work his magic on him during training :thumbup:
theclaw

Postby langstoneBlue » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:14 am

CityBlue93 wrote:Really think Zohore will be gone by end of window sadly, Bogle seems to be on his way to us and if we are doing one in one out as warnock suggested then there's only one name who would be on his way out...

The one in one out reference was in regard to Joe Bennett and his replacement, not Zohore.
langstoneBlue

Re: UPDATED " CARDIFF CITY REJECT KENNETH ZOHORE BID "

Postby bluebird7291 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:20 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
honestly.

We've done it before and we'll do it again. Just hope it's not this time.

I think if they wanted to sell, they would have 100% sold at 10M for a player they got for next to nothing.
bluebird7291

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:20 am

If he goes it would be a disaster, he is the difference between pushing for promotion or not.
2blue2handle

Postby bluebird7291 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:22 am

2blue2handle wrote:If he goes it would be a disaster, he is the difference between pushing for promotion or not.

couldn't agree more.
Although i would expect it if it was a top 10 team in the prem, like Warnock said. And we get well over 20M.
bluebird7291

Postby Sven » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:50 am

dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:

no opinions allowed.?

ALL football clubs sell players mate..everyone has a price..and when big offers come in big wages accompany them. and therefore often even the most loyal players have their heads turned.
be nice if this was not the case but im afraid it is and has been since 18 dot spit.
reallising this doesnt make anyone less a fan than you...doesnt mean people want him to stay less than you do..or want success less than you....
i think we have all read what the club and NW have said..but its football..these sort of things have been said a thousand times by various clubs and managers only for the player to then leave.

Of course opinions allowed and you are correct in your comment that "but it's football..." but when I read stuff like that when it's been the subject of so many threads on this Forum after being publicly stated by Neil Warnock, Kenneth Zohore and others within the club that he (quote) "won't be going anywhere during this transfer window" then it makes me wonder whether some people actually read up on the stuff that is going on before making unsubstantiated statements like that

I've stated elsewhere that I am firmly of the belief that some people are desperate for Kenneth Zohore to be sold, so they can make some sort of weird claim to 'have been proven right' and further claim that 'City have no ambition' going forward. Whether that's a Tan thing (very old hat now) or just their personal negativity is for them to know alone

Cardiff City FC has seen more than its fair share of ill-advised sales and false dawns in my time as a paying (not armchair) supporter and that all started with the sale of a certain centre forward to an emerging Liverpool team way back in November 1970 and has pretty much happened ever since

However, Neil Warnock has been 'backed' by the owner in this transfer window and it has been stated we don't need to sell any of our playing assets; particularly if Neil Warnock sees them as integral parts of the jig-saw this season. That has been proven with the non-sales for decent monies (if reports are to be believed) of Morrison and Gunnar to name just two and is particularly poignant where Kenneth Zohore is concerned

A good season for City as he develops his game will see us challenge for the promotion and will only further enhance the boy's reputation, which (as Neil Warnock rightly states) will benefit Kenneth Zohore and the club together for the future

Simply doesn't make sense to sell at this moment in time and I'm going to have faith in the manager's many comments to date that (quote) "Kenneth Zohore is going nowhere!" because Neil Warnock knows his current value to the team, the fans and their morale rather than short-term gain for the bank balance ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby llan bluebird » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:54 am

Kenny and his agent must realise the way to the big bucks is the elite clubs. To do that he needs to be at a club that plays to his strengths and who are on the front foot.

Hull couldn't give him a four year contract with no clauses for £50K a week. Christ only knows what Villa are doing or how long Wolves can keep up their spending. The big bucks are the premier league top 10 established clubs, who won't have a relegation clauses attached.

We all know Brighton and Huddersfield are going to struggle and may well be back in the championship next season, what's the point at his age ? For £20 million you need to be a guaranteed starter, what happens if he had another slow start ?

A good full season in the championship even if we don't go close will do enough to convinces your Stoke's, Albion's, West Hams, Southamptons, Everton or even Liverpool that he is worth a punt. I can't see the top 4 club going in big for him without proof in the premier league.
A really good season in the championship with promotion and a season in the premier league is when the big boys get involved, then it's au revoir.
llan bluebird

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:54 am

Absolutely spot on there, the fear he strikes into defenders is quite clear to see, his loss could see everythung go tits up and I do not think NW would be happy if the money sell out. A key moment in CCFC season if he goes.
2blue2handle wrote:If he goes it would be a disaster, he is the difference between pushing for promotion or not.
1980s Bluebird

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:11 am

Why go to a place where in all probability he will be a squad player as surely Brighton have got or signed fowards for start season? Only reason I can see is for financial gains by agent and Ken certainly not playing one! As for hull I don't think he wants go there for any price :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby KavanaghsGreyHair » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:13 am

honestly.

:occasion5: :occasion5:
KavanaghsGreyHair

Postby Bluesman » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:28 am

If City let their best players go the fans will also go. If we can get promoted the money we will make will far outstrip any transfer fees we could get.
Bluesman

Postby dogfound » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:44 am

Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:

no opinions allowed.?

Of course opinions allowed and you are correct in your comment that "but it's football..." but when I read stuff like that when it's been the subject of so many threads on this Forum after being publicly stated by Neil Warnock, Kenneth Zohore and others within the club that he (quote) "won't be going anywhere during this transfer window" then it makes me wonder whether some people actually read up on the stuff that is going on before making unsubstantiated statements like that

I've stated elsewhere that I am firmly of the belief that some people are desperate for Kenneth Zohore to be sold, so they can make some sort of weird claim to 'have been proven right' and further claim that 'City have no ambition' going forward. Whether that's a Tan thing (very old hat now) or just their personal negativity is for them to know alone

Cardiff City FC has seen more than its fair share of ill-advised sales and false dawns in my time a paying (not armchair) supporter and that all started with the sale of a certain centre forward to an emerging Liverpool team way back in November 1970 and has pretty much happened ever since

However, Neil Warnock has been 'backed' by the owner in this transfer window and it has been stated we don't need to sell any of our playing assets; particularly if Neil Warnock sees them as integral parts of the jig-saw this season. That has been proven with the non-sales for decent monies (if reports are to be believed) of Morrison and Gunnar to name just two and is particularly poignant where Kenneth Zohore is concerned

A good season for City as he develops his game will see us challenge for the promotion and will only further enhance the boy's reputation, which (as Neil Warnock rightly states) will benefit Kenneth Zohore and the club together for the future

Simply doesn't make sense to sell at this moment in time and I'm going to have faith in the manager's many comments to date that (quote) "Kenneth Zohore is going nowhere!" because Neil Warnock knows his current value to the team, the fans and their morale rather than short-term gain for the bank balance ;)

i mostly agree..but it is football.. and not for sale.. very often is said with meaning and the best intentions, but sometimes said not quite realising how much others are prepared to pay..{its already exceeded what id have expected for a player that so far has scored 15 league goals and is yet to play for Denmark..
i like you believe the best place for KZ is here at a club where he fits { after quite a few where its not happened for him } and with a manager that is getting the best out of him.....but ive thought that hundreds of times about players on fire over a relatively short time at one club moving in big deals to another..
the 2 very real questions here are at what point does the offer become to much to turn down for our club..and at what point will the player {with possibly an agent with dollar signs rolling in his eyes } become un settled by these 8 figure offers that come hand in hand with much bigger wages than we can pay.
as for NW ..i like him, was chuffed when we got him in..still am...but i am aware he has changed his stance on many many things over his career.
anyway....obsrving how football works re transfers..wages.. players being unsettled..and clubs being offered well in excess to what they might have thought they would be offered does not mean i want any of it to happen.
or in fact want to be correct......allthough at no point have i said he will go..
btw..this time last year you were just as confident Marshall would stay..and he had far more invested in our club that KZ has.
i dont /didnt doubt your conversations with the Marshalls..or how happy they were...but go he did.
dogfound

Next

Return to General Chat