UPDATED: " CONFIRMED CARDIFF CITY SIGN STRIKER £1MILL "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " NEW SIGNING TOMORROW "

Postby wez1927 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:01 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Dahboy wrote:If Zohore goes this club will truly show it has no ambitions whatsoever and if Warnock has anything to do with the sale he should go too.

On the flip side if the club turn down a bid in the region of 12million it could be seen as bad management of the "business"

You could make the squad invincible by spending that cash and we could still go up.

Two more games without Zohore scoring and the fickle world of football will have him valued at 7million.

Agree, I think Zohore is good but Tuesday proves he still has flaws to his game £15 million and we should accept it
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Sven » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:12 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
Dahboy wrote:If Zohore goes this club will truly show it has no ambitions whatsoever and if Warnock has anything to do with the sale he should go too.

On the flip side if the club turn down a bid in the region of 12million it could be seen as bad management of the "business"

You could make the squad invincible by spending that cash and we could still go up.

Two more games without Zohore scoring and the fickle world of football will have him valued at 7million.

Agree, I think Zohore is good but Tuesday proves he still has flaws to his game £15 million and we should accept it

Couldn't disagree with you more! :o

You've judged Kenneth Zohore on one single game in which he worked hard and could have scored a couple? :shock:

The days of short-termism at Cardiff City FC are hopefully at an end under the current regime and the negatives of selling a player 'who makes a difference' will far outweigh the monetary positives for a long time to come!

Kenneth Zohore is a big part of the jig-saw at the CCS and from where I've been watching he has either been scoring or taking others out of the game, allowing City' other players to flourish as they have done this season to date!

Madness to sell right now and I believe the club, Neil Warnock and the paying supporters who truly want the team to succeed understand that profusely! :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Wayne S » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:20 pm

Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

You've judged Kenneth Zohore on one single game in which he worked hard and could have scored a couple

I think the judgement runs back through Zohore whole time with Cardiff City. Still more bad games than good?
Wayne S

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:22 pm

Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

You've judged Kenneth Zohore on one single game in which he worked hard and could have scored a couple? :shock:

The days of short-termism at Cardiff City FC are hopefully at an end under the current regime and the negatives of selling a player 'who makes a difference' will far outweigh the monetary positives for a long time to come!

Kenneth Zohore is a big part of the jig-saw at the CCS and from where I've been watching he has either been scoring or taking others out of the game, allowing City' other players to flourish as they have done this season to date!

Madness to sell right now and I believe the club, Neil Warnock and the paying supporters who truly want the team to succeed understand that profusely! :ayatollah:

The problem I see is that while you and I want to see us succeed, Mr Tan will be looking at things differently. Us fans are not too concerned about the money side of things. It's not ours so why should we worry as long as the club continues to operate. The owner will be looking at things from an entirely different perspective, and his vision of the future may not be the same as ours. Plenty of us have seen the club cash in previously when things were looking promising (Toshack & Blake immediately spring to mind), and we know from experience that sound business sense is not something us fans take into account when it comes to wanting our team to win at all costs.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Sven » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:52 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Agree, I think Zohore is good but Tuesday proves he still has flaws to his game, so £15 million and we should accept it

The problem I see is that while you and I want to see us succeed, Mr Tan will be looking at things differently. Us fans are not too concerned about the money side of things. It's not ours so why should we worry as long as the club continues to operate. The owner will be looking at things from an entirely different perspective, and his vision of the future may not be the same as ours. Plenty of us have seen the club cash in previously when things were looking promising (Toshack & Blake immediately spring to mind), and we know from experience that sound business sense is not something us fans take into account when it comes to wanting our team to win at all costs.

I see your point and I said elsewhere that I believe Vincent Tan largely supports his current manager and a sign of that was his appearance at the Villa game last Tuesday and his rhetoric appears to suggest he is happy with spending to date but doesn't want to increase the financial burden on the club, which is completely different to holding a 'fire sale' as soon as another club comes in with (what is perceived to be) an acceptable offer :thumbup:

Regarding Zohore's performances, he isn't the finished article (one of the reasons I don't believe a 'big' club will come in for him) and both he and Neil Warnock know that, which is why both have said he is better staying here and developing under a manager and coaches that so clearly understand how to get the best out of and improve him

Just look at the responses elsewhere to see the barrage of negativity that will ensue if he were actually to be sold in this transfer window! To date, despite the efforts of the usual suspects on here, it has been a positive start to the campaign and those saying "sell, sell, sell" and trying to push the player out of the door to prove a point are bang out of order (IMHO, of course) :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Re: UPDATED " NEW SIGNING TOMORROW "

Postby sullybluebird » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:53 pm

I agree to an extent, but, yes VT will have his business goggles on, but the best thing from a business perspective is to get to the promised land of the Premier League as soon as possible. The investment he will have made will have more chance of being repaid then. Having said that, as much as I love watching KZ rip the league up if a club offered 15 million for him, and the club re-invested it in the team, it would more or less guarantee US getting to the PL. Just a thought, as it's about the team and not 1 player getting us there?
sullybluebird

Postby jon1959 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:03 pm

sullybluebird wrote:I agree to an extent, but, yes VT will have his business goggles on, but the best thing from a business perspective is to get to the promised land of the Premier League as soon as possible. The investment he will have made will have more chance of being repaid then. Having said that, as much as I love watching KZ rip the league up if a club offered 15 million for him, and the club re-invested it in the team, it would more or less guarantee US getting to the PL. Just a thought, as it's about the team and not 1 player getting us there?

£15m re-invested in the team wouldn't guarantee anything - even with the better judgement of Warnock behind the recruitment decisions. We know what we've got with Ken and he will only get better - if he stays - not just his goals, but his complete centre forward play.

Imagine - we could have signed Hogan, McCormack and Rhodes for a combined £36m and be firing blanks!
jon1959

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:04 pm

sullybluebird wrote:I agree to an extent, but, yes VT will have his business goggles on, but the best thing from a business perspective is to get to the promised land of the Premier League as soon as possible. The investment he will have made will have more chance of being repaid then. Having said that, as much as I love watching KZ rip the league up if a club offered 15 million for him, and the club re-invested it in the team, it would more or less guarantee US getting to the PL. Just a thought, as it's about the team and not 1 player getting us there?

it wouldnt guarantee anything
paulh_85

Postby RICK+CCFC » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:05 pm

Sven wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Agree, I think Zohore is good but Tuesday proves he still has flaws to his game, so £15 million and we should accept it[

Regarding Zohore's performances, he isn't the finished article (one of the reasons I don't believe a 'big' club will come in for him) and both he and Neil Warnock know that, which is why both have said he is better staying here and developing under a manager and coaches that so clearly understand how to get the best out of and improve him

This is the relevant point, he's far from the finished product, but he has so much potential that he's going to develop into one hell of a player. NW knows this, & KZ has faith in NW & himself. This time next year he could be worth in the Twenty or thirty millions, mark my words.
Our club has given away talent over the years, I hope the time has now come where we as a club can dictate transfer matters to our long term benefit, & no body else's!
RICK+CCFC

Re: UPDATED " NEW SIGNING DONE? '

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:55 pm

It is believed Bogle to Cardiff City is a done deal
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Pulisnewport » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:00 pm

Imo the bloke at Leeds (Wood) would be a far better proposition for both Brighton and Hull. Just trying to get our player on the cheap as usual.
Pulisnewport

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:08 pm

Cardiff City have reportedly wrapped up a £1 million deal for Wigan striker Omar Bogle on a three year contract

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: UPDATED: " CARDIFF CITY SIGN STRIKER £1MILL "

Postby Bluesman » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:22 pm

Who can remember Zohore the being mocked by the Cardiff City fans because he looked like Bambi on ice before Warnock got hold of him.This lad Bogle can also be transformed by Warnock.
Bluesman

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:26 pm

Now we will have even better options on the bench things are really looking up. :bluescarf:
pembroke allan

Postby Bridgwater Blue » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:30 pm

Is he the left footer????
Bridgwater Blue

Postby Howieblue » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:31 pm

We all want him to stay but no one knows if big Ken will go but if he does lets hope City puts a nice sell on clause in his contract... :bluebird:
Howieblue

Postby langstoneBlue » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:44 pm

Good news! Perfect cover for Zohore, be good to bring him on to give big Ken a rest when games are in the bag
langstoneBlue

Postby norms76 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:55 pm

Club just tweeted a pic of the number 30 and said 10 minutes.
norms76

Re: UPDATED: " CONFIRMED CARDIFF CITY SIGN STRIKER £1MILL "

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:01 pm

CONFIRMED: Cardiff City Sign Wigan striker Omar Bogle on a three year contract, with the deal worth up to £1mill.

Striker Omar Bogle will wear the No 30 Shirt :bluebird: :bluebird:

The 25-year-old forward has signed a three-year deal at Cardiff City Stadium, and joins from Wigan Athletic for an undisclosed fee.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:CONFIRMED: Cardiff City Sign Wigan striker Omar Bogle on a three year contract, with the deal worth up to £1mill.

The 25-year-old forward has signed a three-year deal at Cardiff City Stadium, and joins from Wigan Athletic for an undisclosed fee.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=187195 :thumbright: :ayatollah:
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:12 pm

Club says undisclosed fee? :o
pembroke allan

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:14 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:CONFIRMED: Cardiff City Sign Wigan striker Omar Bogle on a three year contract, with the deal worth up to £1mill.

http://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic ... 2&t=187195 :thumbright: :ayatollah:

:thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby azz_ccfc » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:22 pm

Don't know what people are concerned about.

We have signed a striker who has a pretty decent scoring record (all be it, being league 2) and I trust Warnock's judgement on players so far.

I would pretty much ignore his stint with Wigan, since the whole team was pretty much hopeless.

I'm willing to give him a chance to prove himself in a city shirt and will get my backing.
azz_ccfc

Postby thomasblue » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:06 pm

A Good signing not a great signing.

Law of averages says warnock will get one wrong, i dont think this will be the one but i also dont think we will see the best of this kid until next season at the earliest.

He is a very good prospect but will take time to hit his peak at this level. I doubt we will see him much until at least christmas.
thomasblue

Postby pengamblue » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:14 pm

Welcome OMAR TO THE MIGHTY BLOOBIRDS
pengamblue

Previous

Return to General Chat