Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

5 million for bennett?

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:53 am

Talking to a guy who's normally itk and hes saying Fulham have offered 5 million ,i would take that all day long also be was talking to warnock down ogmore beach last week and he said expect 3 or 4 more players to come in

Re: 5 million for bennett?

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:55 am

Didn't Warnock already confirm he had a £2m Buy-out clause though? Or is this just a cover so Preston don't know how much money we got, so we don't get rinsed on Cunningham?

Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:00 am

langstoneBlue wrote:Didn't Warnock already confirm he had a £2m Buy-out clause though? Or is this just a cover so Preston don't know how much money we got, so we don't get rinsed on Cunningham?

Warnock mentioned buy out clause but i think an { ITK } poster on here put a figure of 2mill on it

Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:05 am

wez1927 wrote:Talking to a guy who's normally itk and hes saying Fulham have offered 5 million ,i would take that all day long also be was talking to warnock down ogmore beach last week and he said expect 3 or 4 more players to come in

We do get mixed signals from Warnock regarding possible transfers,one minute he is saying "my transfer business is concluded " then he is saying he is trying to bring in one surprise signing before the window shuts now you tell us he wants to bring in 3 or 4 signings before the window shuts.......my advice to everyone on here just calm down and see what evolves

Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:08 am

wez1927 wrote:Talking to a guy who's normally itk and hes saying Fulham have offered 5 million ,i would take that all day long also be was talking to warnock down ogmore beach last week and he said expect 3 or 4 more players to come in

Sorry with all due respect to Bennett he is never worth 5 million and would be astonished if Fulham thought otherwise

Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:16 am

If his buy out clause is 5mil, buy Bogle for 1mil then you have the 3-4 mil for Cunningham, good piece of business if that is true tho :bluebird:

Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:27 am

angelis1949 wrote:

Sorry with all due respect to Bennett he is never worth 5 million and would be astonished if Fulham thought otherwise

Even if he was I doubt very much that all the money received would go on new players. I think it more likely that the bulk would go towards reducing our debts.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:55 am

Bennett may not be worth £5m but if Scott Malone can play in the Premier League,who knows?

Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:06 am

noisycat wrote:Bennett may not be worth £5m but if Scott Malone can play in the Premier League,who knows?

Exactly ?Malone wasn't worth 5 million

Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:53 am

Not really sure how it works but I think the buy out clauses only allow a team to open negotiations with the club and player, I may be wrong

Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:09 pm

pontlliwblue wrote:Not really sure how it works but I think the buy out clauses only allow a team to open negotiations with the club and player, I may be wrong

There are two types of clauses one that you mention which is not really a clause and the other if two million is correct, is we have to sell him for that. City are in negotiations with Fulham so I would say that they would not be in negotiations if the price was fixed :thumbup:

Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:34 pm

If it is 1m that would make sense with the Bogle, Cunningham and Bell bids (if true)

Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:20 pm

angelis1949 wrote:

Neither is malone. Nothing shocks me in today's market and we need to accept that fees are hugely inflated.