If Zohore is sold will Warnock walk?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby davids » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:47 am

Just wondering what effect it may have on Warnock if Zohore was to be sold this window?

Part of his enthusiasm for his job at the moment is obviously as a result of seeing how the team he is building is shaping up for a promotion push, and really the team is being built around Zohore as it's fulcrum. Would that enthusiasm tend to wane somewhat if Zohore were to be sold?

Warnock has always said that he would be willing to walk away if it becomes clear that the club's ambitions aren't in line with his own and that he doesn't need to be in a job - he's done it before at Rotherham remember.

He's pragmatic enough to realise that every player has his price and that an offer may come in which is just too good to refuse, but I am somewhat concerned that if the club were to decide to cash in on Zohore that Warnock may decide that he's fighting a losing battle and that he doesn't need the hassle.

Hope I'm wrong though.
davids

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: If Zohore is sold will Warnock walk?

Postby dogfound » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:54 am

i am sure it will be a massive blow..but i would imagine its happened to him previously and is long in the tooth enough to just get on with it..after all he didnt EXPECT to unearth THIS version of KZ when he took over.

shit happens..happened last season, hardly ever gets mentioned but Trollope plans must have taken a big knock when he lost both keepers and Fabio after the season started.
dogfound

Postby davids » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:56 am

dogfound wrote:i am sure it will be a massive blow..but i would imagine its happened to him previously and is long in the tooth enough to just get on with it..after all he didnt EXPECT to unearth THIS version of KZ when he took over.

shit happens..happened last season, hardly ever gets mentioned but Trollope plans must have taken a big knock when he lost both keepers and Fabio after the season started.

Fair point, but at least Trollope was able to sign Rickie Lambert :laughing6:

Maybe we shouldn't have paid up his contract so soon! :o
davids

Postby Sven » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:57 am

davids wrote:
dogfound wrote:i am sure it will be a massive blow..but i would imagine its happened to him previously and is long in the tooth enough to just get on with it..after all he didnt EXPECT to unearth THIS version of KZ when he took over.

Fair point, but at least Trollope was able to sign Rickie Lambert :laughing6:

Maybe we shouldn't have paid up his contract so soon! :o

Zohore won't go; but regarding Lambert...

"Rickie Lee Lambert is an English professional footballer who plays as a striker. He is currently without a club after leaving Cardiff City." ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby JJ1927 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:27 pm

Warnock won't be the only one who may walk away from the club. Thousands will do likewise. This could be a defining moment for Tans attempts to restore confidence in the club and him.

I know it was a long time ago but this has a similar feel to the Toshack sale. Top of the table, having just beaten the then league leaders courtesy of a Tosh hat trick and Liverpool come in with a bid the board were more than happy to accept. Though Alan Warboys was a good replacement that season, we wasted two months before signing him and missed out on promotion. Next season almost went down. Gates plummeted and it took almost 40 years before we became a force in the Division Two/Championship again.

Zohore is even more vital to the team than Tosh was. I really, really hope this isn't going to be history repeating itself.
JJ1927

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:29 pm

zohore isnt going anywhere
paulh_85

Postby pontlliwblue » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:36 pm

I was thinking the same about the similarities of selling Toshack however the main difference back then was that we significantly undervalued him. I don't think Zahore will go but with the money sloshing around in the gane at present there will be a price that the board (tan?) feel they have to take. Realistically I'd put that at £15m is someone going to risk that for a player that is unproven at premier league level (forget Hull that isn't a step up for him and he will turn that down)
pontlliwblue

Postby JimmyJazz » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:49 pm

pontlliwblue wrote:I was thinking the same about the similarities of selling Toshack however the main difference back then was that we significantly undervalued him. I don't think Zahore will go but with the money sloshing around in the gane at present there will be a price that the board (tan?) feel they have to take. Realistically I'd put that at £15m is someone going to risk that for a player that is unproven at premier league level (forget Hull that isn't a step up for him and he will turn that down)

Sorry boys but big Ken is no John Toshack. Hope he stays obviously.

I remember Tosh going - that was a real blow. Kens only been at it half a season whereas Tosh went straight into the Liverpool side on the back of his seasons at City.

Nowhere near the same and frankly a bit disrespectful to Toshack.
My father missed the cup final in 1927 as my grandad only had 2 tickets, and my Dad had an older brother!
JimmyJazz

Postby paulh_85 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:09 am

JimmyJazz wrote:
pontlliwblue wrote:I was thinking the same about the similarities of selling Toshack however the main difference back then was that we significantly undervalued him. I don't think Zahore will go but with the money sloshing around in the gane at present there will be a price that the board (tan?) feel they have to take. Realistically I'd put that at £15m is someone going to risk that for a player that is unproven at premier league level (forget Hull that isn't a step up for him and he will turn that down)

I remember Tosh going - that was a real blow. Kens only been at it half a season whereas Tosh went straight into the Liverpool side on the back of his seasons at City.

oh get over yourself people are rightfully comparing the two due to the impact on us should zohore be sold like tosh was.
paulh_85

Postby JimmyJazz » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:51 am

paulh_85 wrote:
JimmyJazz wrote:

oh get over yourself people are rightfully comparing the two due to the impact on us should zohore be sold like tosh was.

"Zohore is even more vital to the team than Tosh was. I really, really hope this isn't going to be history repeating itself" - that's what I was picking up really.

Anyhow - I'll tell my 10 year old self to get over himself right now chief... :roll:
My father missed the cup final in 1927 as my grandad only had 2 tickets, and my Dad had an older brother!
JimmyJazz

Postby oxfordblue » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:40 am

I think we are all walking
oxfordblue

Postby BobbyBlue » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:50 am

JJ1927 wrote:Warnock won't be the only one who may walk away from the club. Thousands will do likewise. This could be a defining moment for Tans attempts to restore confidence in the club and him.

I know it was a long time ago but this has a similar feel to the Toshack sale. Top of the table, having just beaten the then league leaders courtesy of a Tosh hat trick and Liverpool come in with a bid the board were more than happy to accept. Though Alan Warboys was a good replacement that season, we wasted two months before signing him and missed out on promotion. Next season almost went down. Gates plummeted and it took almost 40 years before we became a force in the Division Two/Championship again.

Zohore is even more vital to the team than Tosh was. I really, really hope this isn't going to be history repeating itself.

The thousands who walk because a player is sold is not fan Cardiff city needs, we need fans who are there through good times and bad, makes no difference to me what players play I will be there.
BobbyBlue

Postby wez1927 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:14 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:Warnock won't be the only one who may walk away from the club. Thousands will do likewise. This could be a defining moment for Tans attempts to restore confidence in the club and him.

The thousands who walk because a player is sold is not fan Cardiff city needs, we need fans who are there through good times and bad, makes no difference to me what players play I will be there.

This ^^
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Return to General Chat