Sign of Club's Intent?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sign of Club's Intent?

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:33 pm

With much speculation with regards to Zohore the next few weeks are likely to show how serious the club are about promotion to the Premier League.

Bennett is a class act which we could do without losing but if there is a release clause as stated then that is a different matter.

However the loss of Zohore (regardless of the fee) would be a huge blow in the quest for promotion. It would likely have an impact not only on the team but the fans.

Promotion brings in 100m Plus along with all the other adds on. I would suggest that 10, 15 or even 20m is peanuts in the grand scale of Cardiff getting promoted. He is that vital to the team. I hope the club don't go for a short term gain at the expense of the promised land & everything that goes with it. There is no doubt that the sale of Zohore would affect our chances of promotion.

I would suggest that the next few weeks will determine how serious the club are about getting promoted back to the Premier League. :ayatollah:
bridgendbluebird30

Sign of Club's Intent?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Sign of Club's Intent?

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:37 pm

The sale of Zohore at any price would show we are not serious about promotion.

I understand we have debt etc and if that's the route we go down so be it but lets not pretend we are after promotion then. We will see.

People talk about Warnock being backed with 3m but when you consider the 10m turned down for Zohore and the 5m reported for Morrison that makes it quite the backing.
2blue2handle

Postby azz_ccfc » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:41 pm

I think Warnock knows the core players which he wants to keep. e.g. Zohore, Morrison , Manga etc.

Otherwise they wont have signed new contracts if they were not part of his future plans.

With Bennett, I believe Warnock is more likely to sell and wont be too bothered if he loses the player, as he thinks he can find better.

Be interesting next few days.
azz_ccfc

Postby wez1927 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:46 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:I think Warnock knows the core players which he wants to keep. e.g. Zohore, Morrison , Manga etc.

Otherwise they wont have signed new contracts if they were not part of his future plans.

With Bennett, I believe Warnock is more likely to sell and wont be too bothered if he loses the player, as he thinks he can find better.

Be interesting next few days.

Agree bennett can be easily replaced
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Wayne S » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:55 pm

As a business it could be said wed be idiotic to turn down 15 to 20 million for him.

It is a business after all and you could do a hell of a lot with 15 million.... IF NW was given it.
Wayne S

Postby Mr Potato » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:57 pm

To be fair to the club, if it is a completely ridiculous offer, the stupid money sort of offer then fair enough if he decides to go. I am pretty sure there will be a list of replacements. I don't want him gone by any stretch but I can see a club meeting the £20mil in an attempt to stay in the prem and if they do and it is structured right then you have to take it. For a player we payed next to nothing for, who has had 6 months of decent football £20m is £20m.

But,we have to have that sort of offer first, we won't just sell, I think those days are behind us for a little while at least.
Mr Potato

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:59 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:With much speculation with regards to Zohore the next few weeks are likely to show how serious the club are about promotion to the Premier League.

Bennett is a class act which we could do without losing but if there is a release clause as stated then that is a different matter.
However the loss of Zohore (regardless of the fee) would be a huge blow in the quest for promotion. It would likely have an impact not only on the team but the fans.

Promotion brings in 100m Plus along with all the other adds on. I would suggest that 10, 15 or even 20m is peanuts in the grand scale of Cardiff getting promoted. He is that vital to the team. I hope the club don't go for a short term gain at the expense of the promised land & everything that goes with it. There is no doubt that the sale of Zohore would affect our chances of promotion.

I would suggest that the next few weeks will determine how serious the club are about getting promoted back to the Premier League. :ayatollah:

I know promotion brings in massive money, but most of that and possibly more will have to be spent on new players and wages if we are to be competitive in the PL. It's all relative, £20m buys a fairly ordinary player in the PL, and if we are serious about staying there, we will need to buy 7 or 8 quality players and then pay their wages afterwards. With existing debts and the ridiculous money being spent in that league the £100m plus won't go as far as some think. We lost money last time and still could'nt stay up, and I'm not sure how much Tan will gamble a second time.
Steve Zodiak

Postby wez1927 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:03 pm

Mr Potato wrote:To be fair to the club, if it is a completely ridiculous offer, the stupid money sort of offer then fair enough if he decides to go. I am pretty sure there will be a list of replacements. I don't want him gone by any stretch but I can see a club meeting the £20mil in an attempt to stay in the prem and if they do and it is structured right then you have to take it. For a player we payed next to nothing for, who has had 6 months of decent football £20m is £20m.

But,we have to have that sort of offer first, we won't just sell, I think those days are behind us for a little while at least.

Totally agree we got to take stupid money if offered im sure warnock eill replace him
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby salopiancity » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:09 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:To be fair to the club, if it is a completely ridiculous offer, the stupid money sort of offer then fair enough if he decides to go. I am pretty sure there will be a list of replacements. I don't want him gone by any stretch but I can see a club meeting the £20mil in an attempt to stay in the prem and if they do and it is structured right then you have to take it. For a player we payed next to nothing for, who has had 6 months of decent football £20m is £20m.

Totally agree we got to take stupid money if offered im sure warnock eill replace him

Also you have to factor in the player's desire to play in the premier league and the rewards that brings personally. So a decent fee that your willing to accept comes in you have to ask the player if he wants to leave. No one would normally turn down a promotion and a significant pay rise would they!
salopiancity

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:13 pm

wez1927 wrote:

I think you are both right, and for the PL this is the sort of gamble that is taken, £15m to £20m on an unproven player. If we were to get promoted, we would probably need quite a few like this, and when we take wages into account and the huge debts already here, there would'nt be much, if any, money left over from our big payday. That is why it is difficult to know what sort of offer would persuade Tan to let Zohore go. How much of a gambler is he going to be second time around in an attempt to get us back to the top table.
Steve Zodiak

Postby TAP_Sheep » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:26 pm

The Bennett situation is out of our hands if he has a release clause. We can do nothing to prevent him going if Fulham meet it. Whether we have the intent to keep him or not. Zohore is different. Rejecting £10M is a gamble in itself. We'll probably accept roughly £15M and I'm hoping we include a sell on fee and only sell to a Premier League side. I wouldn't be mad at the club if all of that is the case.
TAP_Sheep

Postby TAP_Sheep » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:28 pm

You are literally the only person I've seen that openly admits Zohore has only been decent for half a year!! As soon as I said that everyone was biting my head off :lol: I hope he stays good but there was nothing really to play for for us after Jan and he's only been good for the second half of last season so anything over £12m is actually ridiculously good.
TAP_Sheep

Return to General Chat