Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

£15 to £20 Million - "Take it or Leave it?"

You may select 1 option

View results

£15 to £20 Million - "Take it or Leave it?"

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:17 pm

Are you a fan that says keep Zohore at all costs. He will take us up.

or

Do you think £15 to £20 Million is just too much to turn down and will make the squad strong enough to go up.

[This poll does assume the monies will be reinvested in the squad]

Re: £15 to £20 Million - "Take it or Leave it?"

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:21 pm

Wayne S wrote:Are you a fan that says keep Zohore at all costs. He will take us up.

or

Do you think £15 to £20 Million is just too much to turn down and will make the squad strong enough to go up.

[This poll does assume the monies will be reinvested in the squad]

theres no money on the table i dont get all the what ifs really

he hasnt even completed a season, any club would be mad to offer 20m

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:26 pm

paulh_85 wrote:theres no money on the table i dont get all the what ifs really

Paul, if everything was so cut and dried in the world we wouldn't need forums like this to debate the ifs and buts.

Look at the fees going around it has gone made this year and we are already at 10mill

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:28 pm

I've said keep Zohore as I am fan and think he will get us a few goals this season. If I were the club's owner, I would probably take £20m. It's all just paper talk anyway, and 90% of what we read is rubbish and the other 10% guesswork.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:41 pm

Wayne S wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:theres no money on the table i dont get all the what ifs really

Paul, if everything was so cut and dried in the world we wouldn't need forums like this to debate the ifs and buts.

Look at the fees going around it has gone made this year and we are already at 10mill

established premier league clubs wont spend this sort of money on him though, not till january at least if he can prove that value with 10+ more goals

for me 10m is over fair market value for him, but to us he could be the difference between promotion or not, which makes him more valuable to us

Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:09 pm

Twenty million? Sell,I think even Trollope could take us up with that money and this squad!! :lol:

Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:15 pm

theclaw wrote:Twenty million? Sell,I think even Trollope could take us up with that money and this squad!! :lol:

BUT what if it was, the more likely, £15million?

Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:22 pm

Wayne S wrote:
theclaw wrote:Twenty million? Sell,I think even Trollope could take us up with that money and this squad!! :lol:

BUT what if it was, the more likely, £15million?

Sell

Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:53 pm

Sell.

Get used to it.

This is what we are - no toys out - no boycotts
( fiiking Diva fans in football do my nut in)

Still means we want to go up - just means we have to do it sustainably

Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:17 pm

I would sell anything over 15 million as long as warnock gets all the money to invest ,if he won't I would keep him

Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:22 pm

wez1927 wrote:I would sell anything over 15 million as long as warnock gets all the money to invest ,if he won't I would keep him

This.

I would trust Warnock to invest 15-20m on a number of top players that would improve the squad.

But if he's getting less than 10m of the fee then keep.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:28 pm

You say sell but, what if the money of the sale doesn't go back into the squad and Bogle is the replacement? I'm guessing there won't be too many happy fans, me included.

I hope he gives us a season and if we fail then he can go and nobody can blame him.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:32 pm

No brainier. Even if a £20 bid keep.

Zohore is vital to the team & if we are going to get anywhere near promotion he is integral to that aim. Promotion, 100plus million and the add on is more important than a short term quick 10-20m! 150-200m in the Premier League seems more appealing than languishing in the Championship with 20m in the bank!

Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:33 pm

Without hesitation sell for over £15M.
I love Zohore but £15M is way too much to turn down weather it's reinvested or not.
Warnock said at christmas time that Zohore has saved the club about 2million, as he knows thats how much it would cost to find someone of that quality.
I would trust Warnock to replace him at a fraction of what we sell him for.
Zohore is great because Warnock brought out the player in him. Just like he is doing with Mendez-Laing and Damour.
Zohore is not the only great player we have at the moment.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:37 pm

We do not NEED the £20 million. We have a very good squad with a possible new left back coming in. Why change something that's already working?

Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:37 pm

NW would get all the money but what could he buy in 2 weeks Hmmm

Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:38 pm

Mr Shed wrote:Without hesitation sell for over £15M.
I love Zohore but £15M is way too much to turn down weather it's reinvested or not.
Warnock said at christmas time that Zohore has saved the club about 2million, as he knows thats how much it would cost to find someone of that quality.
I would trust Warnock to replace him at a fraction of what we sell him for.
Zohore is great because Warnock brought out the player in him. Just like he is doing with Mendez-Laing and Damour.
Zohore is not the only great player we have at the moment.

Agree

Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:41 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:We do not NEED the £20 million. We have a very good squad with a possible new left back coming in. Why change something that's already working?

Are you real we lose parachute payments now which means we have to save around £10m a season more again

For that reason I wouldn't blame the club for cashing in

Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:50 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:
BluebirdForever wrote:We do not NEED the £20 million. We have a very good squad with a possible new left back coming in. Why change something that's already working?

Are you real we lose parachute payments now which means we have to save around £10m a season more again

If he has cracking season and we fail to go up then I'm positive we'd still get that money in the summer and nobody would blame the club or the player himself if that happens.

I just hope he gives Warnock the season and the club are also happy to keep him.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:56 pm

And there's the small matter of massive debts that need to be reduced.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:59 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

And there's the small matter of massive debts that need to be reduced.

And that's always been the case. I'm saying would it hurt the club if he stayed fit the season? The parachute payments are being paid this season and stop next. If we sold him in the summer then I could totally understand.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:05 pm

Not for any price. Tan wants to go up and stay up so we need to keep him for 2 seasons at least.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:12 pm

norms76 wrote:You say sell but, what if the money of the sale doesn't go back into the squad and Bogle is the replacement? I'm guessing there won't be too many happy fans, me included.

I hope he gives us a season and if we fail then he can go and nobody can blame him.

Norms it what the it says in the in the topic that assumed that all the money is made available for transfers,so that's what we are replying to.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:15 pm

We can repay those debts through other ways. Like money earned through ticket sales, shirt sales etc. Selling our best players will not help with those factors

Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:33 pm

theclaw wrote:
norms76 wrote:You say sell but, what if the money of the sale doesn't go back into the squad and Bogle is the replacement? I'm guessing there won't be too many happy fans, me included.

Norms it what the it says in the in the topic that assumed that all the money is made available for transfers,so that's what we are replying to.

I'm just putting a different angle on it.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:40 pm

norms76 wrote:
theclaw wrote:

Which is why I put the rider on the poll.

IF the money received was not ploughed back into the squad I wouldn't sell for £25million.

IF the money received was not ploughed back into the squad I would expect Warnock to leave.

I would expect ANY scale to be done with Warnock's blessing or he would walk.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:47 pm

Wayne S wrote:
norms76 wrote:
theclaw wrote:

Which is why I put the rider on the poll.

IF the money received was not ploughed back into the squad I wouldn't sell for £25million.

IF the money received was not ploughed back into the squad I would expect Warnock to leave.

I would expect ANY scale to be done with Warnock's blessing or he would walk.

And as you can tell from my answers it's a no from me. We should keep him for the season.

IF we sold him for that kind of money I personally don't believe it would go straight into the squad. Big fees for players would command big wages and we've got to watch FFP.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:09 pm

If it was like previous years we would have sold Morrison and would have not given good contracts to Hoilett, Manga etc.

The feel good factor is back and I cant help but feel if we keep him we have a chance. The feel good factor is about and his value will increase if his firm continues and I think it will.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:36 pm

Problem is it wont be 20 million cash up front it will be 5 million down then payments I am sure so it wont go back in the team. personally I would keep him as I think it will be better for us and for the player to stay with us. If we go up I think Zohore to grow into a good prem player too.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:38 pm

valleyrambill wrote:Problem is it wont be 20 million cash up front it will be 5 million down then payments

But that will be the same for any deals we might do with the money.