A forum for all things Cardiff City

£15 to £20 Million - "Take it or Leave it?"

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: £15 to £20 Million - "Take it or Leave it?"

Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:38 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:
smakerzthebluebird wrote:
BluebirdForever wrote:We do not NEED the £20 million. We have a very good squad with a possible new left back coming in. Why change something that's already working?

Are you real we lose parachute payments now which means we have to save around £10m a season more again

For that reason I wouldn't blame the club for cashing in

We can repay those debts through other ways. Like money earned through ticket sales, shirt sales etc. Selling our best players will not help with those factors

LOLOLOLOL

WHAT PLANET YOU ON MATE

Ticket sales won't even cover a third of the first teams wages for the season let alone the other 20 players in the squad the manager and backpropm staff the youth setup the groundsmen the shop staff

Seriously WOW

Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:39 pm

norms76 wrote:
BluebirdForever wrote:We do not NEED the £20 million. We have a very good squad with a possible new left back coming in. Why change something that's already working?

Are you real we lose parachute payments now which means we have to save around £10m a season more again

If he has cracking season and we fail to go up then I'm positive we'd still get that money in the summer and nobody would blame the club or the player himself if that happens.

I just hope he gives Warnock the season and the club are also happy to keep him.

See your login and I hope that's the clubs logic also escecially after such a good start to the season :)

Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:32 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:

We can repay those debts through other ways. Like money earned through ticket sales, shirt sales etc. Selling our best players will not help with those factors

15k Season tickets at an average of 300 quid = 4.5 million
8k walk up/away fans at 25 quid each = 200k..multiply by 23 home games 4.6 million
total 9 mill and thats on crowds of 23k way more than we get now..
last set of accounts showed wages at 30 million.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:42 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:

LOLOLOLOL

WHAT PLANET YOU ON MATE

Ticket sales won't even cover a third of the first teams wages for the season let alone the other 20 players in the squad the manager and backpropm staff the youth setup the groundsmen the shop staff

Seriously WOW

We could survive easily on ticket sales etc provided all our players are prepared to accept zero hours contracts and work on £7.20 an hour minimum wage.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:42 pm

my maths aint that good, sell zohore for 20 million, zohore gets us promoted. worth what close to 200 million :banghead: :notworthy:

Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:53 pm

id sell aslong as warnock gets all the money to reinvest into squad. would do wonders with 20 mill to improve us

Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:55 pm

ninianblue wrote:my maths aint that good, sell zohore for 20 million, zohore gets us promoted. worth what close to 200 million :banghead: :notworthy:

What happens if we don't get promoted and if Zohore does'nt get the goals we are all hoping he gets, or worse still suffers some sort of nasty injury. It's all ifs and buts and a gamble the club's owner will have to consider. Not heard of anyone offering £20m anyway.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:00 pm

ninianblue wrote:my maths aint that good, sell zohore for 20 million, zohore gets us promoted. worth what close to 200 million :banghead: :notworthy:

This

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:10 pm

Assombalonga joined Middlesbrough for 15 million and Zohore is in an entirely different league, younger and is continually getting better. No striker will terrorise Terry and Chester this season the way Zohore did. He gave 2 Premiership quality centre backs the run around and that performance alone should add an extra 10 million onto his price tag.

I would be demanding 30 million to any bid that comes in. I definitely wouldn't accept 20 million, he's too important to us. I would demand 30 to start and negotiate as close to 25 million as possible. I wouldn't even think of selling him unless an offer close to 25 million came in.

Michael Keane just joined Everton for 30 million and he's no better a centre half than John Terry or James Chester.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:13 pm

bristol city were top of the league last season. at some stage, yes its all iffs and butts.. in warnock we trust,, if he does get us up,, city are famous for not putting clauses in, so how much is he going to be worth then :cry:

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:24 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Assombalonga joined Middlesbrough for 15 million and Zohore is in an entirely different league, younger and is continually getting better. No striker will terrorise Terry and Chester this season the way Zohore did. He gave 2 Premiership quality centre backs the run around and that performance alone should add an extra 10 million onto his price tag.

I would be demanding 30 million to any bid that comes in. I definitely wouldn't accept 20 million, he's too important to us. I would demand 30 to start and negotiate as close to 25 million as possible. I wouldn't even think of selling him unless an offer close to 25 million came in.

Michael Keane just joined Everton for 30 million and he's no better a centre half than John Terry or James Chester.

We don't agree much Tonteg but I think you're absolutely spot on there. :thumbright:

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:30 pm

norms76 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Assombalonga joined Middlesbrough for 15 million and Zohore is in an entirely different league, younger and is continually getting better. No striker will terrorise Terry and Chester this season the way Zohore did. He gave 2 Premiership quality centre backs the run around and that performance alone should add an extra 10 million onto his price tag.

We don't agree much Tonteg but I think you're absolutely spot on there. :thumbright:

First time for everything Norms. :lol: :thumbright:

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:35 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
norms76 wrote:

First time for everything Norms. :lol: :thumbright:

There is mate. :lol: :thumbright:

Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:35 pm

This

Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 pm

Mr Shed wrote:Without hesitation sell for over £15M.
I love Zohore but £15M is way too much to turn down weather it's reinvested or not.
Warnock said at christmas time that Zohore has saved the club about 2million, as he knows thats how much it would cost to find someone of that quality.
I would trust Warnock to replace him at a fraction of what we sell him for.
Zohore is great because Warnock brought out the player in him. Just like he is doing with Mendez-Laing and Damour.
Zohore is not the only great player we have at the moment.

IMO opinion the quote by NW around Christmas about saving "£1.5m" was a reference to Danny Ward.

You could argue that as much as NW brought out the best in KZ, our great manager also had a stroke of luck in that the player was here in the first place. Finding strikers like Zohore is not easy but there again you have given some very good examples of what he can do with very little money.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:47 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:

LOLOLOLOL

WHAT PLANET YOU ON MATE

Seriously WOW

Read it again, I clearly said other ways...a plural phrase. Ticket sales can CONTRIBUTE to the income of money - show me where I said ticket sales would solely make up for our players wages. "Seriously WOW"

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:01 pm

I'd rather keep him. The grass aint always greener on the other side.
What happens is we buy someone for an overinflated price because they know we have the money and then, BAM, he turns out to be another Cornelius.
Just like Klopp said, I don't think selling a player this late (early in the season), is a good idea. He's had a summer with the same lads and developed under the management and coaching. Silly move.

On the flip side, what does £15+m do for us?
Like I said, rather keep him.

A slight ITK, but theres someone who comes into work that works in the finance department down there. Said Hull considering another offer, Brighton putting the big money out too. Wouldnt be surprised in the slightest if he moved.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:36 pm

End of the season he will be worth more

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:04 am

BluebirdForever wrote:
BluebirdForever wrote:

LOLOLOLOL

WHAT PLANET YOU ON MATE

Seriously WOW

Read it again, I clearly said other ways...a plural phrase. Ticket sales can CONTRIBUTE to the income of money - show me where I said ticket sales would solely make up for our players wages. "Seriously WOW"

Lol you clearly allude to two things what's the imaginary other things other than player sales?? Which you said would not help yet they usually balance the books far greater than any other source of income

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:09 am

The one thing we have on our side here is that finally Tan trusts a manager with his money

So if warnock has said I know the club could use the income but this guy is potentially worth £25m if he has a good season add to that we may even push for promotion if we keep him then I think Tan will trust his judgment the real question is will a big enough bid come in for the club to have no choice but to sell

The fact that we have turned down large offers already this season is new to Cardiff city so thank you Mr Tan I hope you see it through the window continuing to turn down big money I also think it will depend on how much cash is up front in any deal and whether we get a good sell on Clause

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:16 am

My concern at this stage would not be hull either I don't see them going much higher after having two bids rejected I would be more worried about Brighton especially with hughton watching him again for villa game and then actually having the money to be able to make the £20m ish we are asking for I don't think they've bid yet and hughton knows it will take a massive bid to get him so hopefully it puts him off for a player only proven to score in half a season so far

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:57 am

If you tot up the dosh promotion brings its a no brainer.I'm glad the 27 who voted to take the money have feckall to do with running the club. :lol:

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:04 am

dogfound wrote:
BluebirdForever wrote:

15k Season tickets at an average of 300 quid = 4.5 million
8k walk up/away fans at 25 quid each = 200k..multiply by 23 home games 4.6 million
total 9 mill and thats on crowds of 23k way more than we get now..
last set of accounts showed wages at 30 million.

What about money form the English league, TV revenue, cup runs, merchandise sales, programme sales, sponsorship, there's plenty of money tonne made from sponsors, people signing up to the cardiff player and so on, there's loads more revenue than can be made besides ticket sales if you have the right business man running the show.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:11 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:If you tot up the dosh promotion brings its a no brainer.I'm glad the 27 who voted to take the money have feckall to do with running the club. :lol:

Exactly mate. You any idea what our total wage bill is at the moment? 30 mil seems abit much to me I think someone posted that.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:16 am

BluebirdForever wrote:
BluebirdForever wrote:

LOLOLOLOL

WHAT PLANET YOU ON MATE

Seriously WOW

Lol you clearly allude to two things what's the imaginary other things other than player sales?? Which you said would not help yet they usually balance the books far greater than any other source of income

Sponsorship is a good way of bringing on big cash, it's something Tan could consider having a sponsor on the jersey, but perhaps he doesn't need the extra cash as cardiff are doing fine. No doubt cardiff get sponsorship revenue anyway as there are advertising board everywhere in the stadium, but a shirt sponsor could be worth millions if the right deal is done.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:21 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:If you tot up the dosh promotion brings its a no brainer.I'm glad the 27 who voted to take the money have feckall to do with running the club. :lol:

I voted to keep the player. Those who voted to take the money are probably the ones with more business sense. We have massive debts, the last I heard was that the owner was having to prop us up each month, and with only 3 teams out of 24 who will achieve the ultimate goal, the odds are against us. You have to be a gambling man to keep pumping more and more money into the club in the hope that we can be on of those three clubs, particularly with the millions already gone into it. I'm just glad it's not my money which is why I said hang on to Zohore.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:01 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:

I voted to keep the player. Those who voted to take the money are probably the ones with more business sense. We have massive debts, the last I heard was that the owner was having to prop us up each month, and with only 3 teams out of 24 who will achieve the ultimate goal, the odds are against us. You have to be a gambling man to keep pumping more and more money into the club in the hope that we can be on of those three clubs, particularly with the millions already gone into it. I'm just glad it's not my money which is why I said hang on to Zohore.

But if you really hope to ultimately get your money back then a prem club with a multi-million strike force is far more attractive and there is no other way. Unless of course NW can work his magic with Bogal then we can kiss goodbye to Ken.You should study your city history more steve.Cardiff City have always been owned by people that have taken the money and its never done us any good.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:46 am

If we got promoted, chances are he's a big reason. Then he's worth over £20m!

Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:33 am

Assombalonga has proven himself capable of scoring a goal every other game for more than one team in more than one league, despite a career blighted by injuries. its that level of consistency that gives him his price tag at this level. Zohore hasnt done this (yet!) so to start talking about 25m+ is ludicrous even for you! :lol:

a fairer comparison for me would be Kodjia at Villa, who paid 11m i believe after 1 good season at Bristol City. i personally believe Zohore is/will be the better player of the two, but to command those sorts of fees you need to prove over longer than a 20 game run that you can do it.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:34 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

But if you really hope to ultimately get your money back then a prem club with a multi-million strike force is far more attractive and there is no other way. Unless of course NW can work his magic with Bogal then we can kiss goodbye to Ken.You should study your city history more steve.Cardiff City have always been owned by people that have taken the money and its never done us any good.

A Premier club is more attractive providing you are prepared to take the gamble on the money involved in getting there. I know a little about our financial history, because as I have said before I spent several years involved directly with the finances of this club. Times have changed since then, and back in those days two businesses that the banks treated as particularly high risk were pubs and football clubs. Football clubs are still considered risky ventures with only a small percentage making profits. I believe the last set of published accounts showed 8 of the PL sides losing money, and the majority of the rest showing only small profits. We got there once and that helped us to run up massive debts which are still outstanding, and only Mr Tan can decide how much more he is prepared to risk in the hope of getting his money back. Similar to someone who keeps pumping money into a slot machine in the hope of winning back what he has already lost.