Disappointing sales for saturday

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Disappointing sales for saturday

Postby Sven » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:55 pm

Every single City supporter that goes is a bonus for the team and each deserves credit :thumbright:

Not everyone is able to go to every away game, so they are a little selective on the ones to which they do. Burton was always going to be a good turnout because it was the opener and it wasn't too bad a journey. Wolves 'should' be another decent turnout (and Fulham too) because they are relatively easy to get to and the team are currently giving them reason to travel! :ayatollah:

Ultimately, it is for individuals to decide their own plans and dissecting it on here is a little disingenuous

We should be far more concerned with persuading missing/part-time fans to attend home games at the CCS! :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluescarf:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:42 pm

What are we comparing crowds to? 70s 80s 50s times change so do fans And their commitments! Good times will bring bigger following until then it is what it is, :old:
pembroke allan

Postby epping blue » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:56 pm

People have got selective memory syndrome looking back particularly to the 80's. For every away following of over a thousand there were several of a 2 or 3 hundred. Frequently the away car park had a couple of coaches from the supporters club and one from Adar Glas. Sure we'd turn up during the occasional promotion season, the big cup tie and the first and last game of the season but a lot of the time we were very low numbers.
epping blue

Postby skiprat » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:48 pm

Just to illustrate the crap some people spout. People got other commitments blah blah blah.people are watching Cardiff city in record numbers at present in the past a lot less were interested.
skiprat

Postby wez1927 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:14 pm

skiprat wrote:Just to illustrate the crap some people spout. People got other commitments blah blah blah.people are watching Cardiff city in record numbers at present in the past a lot less were interested.

Agree 1500 for an away game is good for us over the last 25 years I've been going away ,we've had a lot less at games I don't get the obsession with sone slagging off our support
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby glas » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:34 pm

Look how difficult it is to get an away match ticket.
You must be a season ticket holder or gold member.
Usually have a history of going away.
The ticket office rarely answer the telephone, so you have to call in to the ticket office in person.
Cannot buy in person unless you drive to the stadium as there are no away match sales on home match days. Much of our fan base lives outside Cardiff.
Very few teams allow cash purchases at the away stadiums.

So if you suddenly decide to go, or your arranged plans are changed at a late date, close to match day, it is very difficult to get a match ticket.
glas

Postby Double G » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:11 pm

glas wrote:Look how difficult it is to get an away match ticket.
The ticket office rarely answer the telephone, so you have to call in to the ticket office in person.
Cannot buy in person unless you drive to the stadium as there are no away match sales on home match days. Much of our fan base lives outside Cardiff.

So if you suddenly decide to go, or your arranged plans are changed at a late date, close to match day, it is very difficult to get a match ticket.

spot on mate. im going personally as season ticket holder, but its a nightmare for friends who are not. should open it up to general public from south wales after the season ticket holders and gold members have had their chance.
not like it used to be when you could decide to go late with all your friends
Double G

Postby nubbsy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:19 pm

wez1927 wrote:
skiprat wrote:Just to illustrate the crap some people spout. People got other commitments blah blah blah.people are watching Cardiff city in record numbers at present in the past a lot less were interested.

Agree 1500 for an away game is good for us over the last 25 years I've been going away ,we've had a lot less at games I don't get the obsession with sone slagging off our support

I agree wez, it puts a constant negative on it. After the shit we've been through we're blessed to have 1.5k going to wolves and what's more... We're on the up! Let's focus on the positives.
nubbsy

Postby nathansfmachine » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:A41 shut use junction 1 m5 come in Birmingham new road or junction 10 m6 it'll be very busy this way!

Wouldn't touch either and I live in the West Mids. Take jnt 6 of the M5 and then just follow the A449 into wolves or Junction 4 of the M5 and follow the A449. Stourbridge good spot to have a beer and something to eat with no probs. :occasion5:
nathansfmachine

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:25 pm

Double G wrote:
glas wrote:Look how difficult it is to get an away match ticket.

spot on mate. im going personally as season ticket holder, but its a nightmare for friends who are not. should open it up to general public from south wales after the season ticket holders and gold members have had their chance.
not like it used to be when you could decide to go late with all your friends

All points are good ones but the question is why are the people who matter E.g. supporters club not addressing the situation it's not exactly a new complaint?
Ps I thought non ST OR MEMBERS can purchase tickets after qualifying members had chance to buy tickets 1st?
pembroke allan

Postby AHERNE » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:23 pm

Football hooligans of the past has fecked up going away. I fancied it but wasnt prepared to drive from Tredegar to Cardiff today to pick up tickets .... its Footballs loss that people cant just up and go to an away game now. Tredegar FC V Tredegar town in the welsh cup for me now!
AHERNE

Postby rossblue » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:19 pm

Best way to bring numbers back is to let kids under 16 in free with adults and slightly raise adult prices to offset it. Lots of clubs have done it
rossblue

Postby Sven » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:19 am

pembroke allan wrote:What are we comparing crowds to? 70s 80s 50s times change so do fans And their commitments! Good times will bring bigger following until then it is what it is, :old:

Agree, although it is worth pointing out that our Premier League away following wasn't that great other than (as Forever Blue has stated) a few particular games. Lots of reasons for that, I guess, including the turmoil of the time but I'd like to think the City of today is worth supporting under Neil Warnock! :thumbup: :thumbup: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Previous

Return to General Chat