Disappointing sales for saturday

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby TonBluebird » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:25 pm

Looks like we are nowhere near selling the 2,500, disappointing really after the start we've had

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=187099
TonBluebird

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Disappointing sales for saturday

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:25 pm

TonBluebird wrote:Looks like we are nowhere near selling the 2,500, disappointing really after the start we've had

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=187099

yet i havent seen anyone throw up a sold number!

someone must know
paulh_85

Postby TonBluebird » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:26 pm

Just seen someone say 1,300 which is similar to what we took last year
TonBluebird

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:39 pm

TonBluebird wrote:Just seen someone say 1,300 which is similar to what we took last year

personally id say 1800 would be a solid amount if we can get it. Theres been trouble up there in the recent history, and we are still early into our resurgence imo
paulh_85

Postby TonBluebird » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:44 pm

Definitely, they all ain't going to come back straight away, we need to continue perform and gradually fans will start to return.
TonBluebird

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:56 pm

If we are close to the top after 12 or 15 games the fans who only watch a successful team will start returning. Table means nothing at this stage of the season. Can go from bottom to virtually top in four or five matches.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Tomshort1927 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:15 pm

A few might be saving and waiting for Fulham as it's cheaper and still close
Tomshort1927

Postby Jazz Cock » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:23 pm

A lot of the lads are saving their money for Moldova away
It's better to burn out than to fade away.
Jazz Cock

Postby Jonsey Jones » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:28 pm

I bought a ticket for the game and train. Then I remembered I was doing tough mudder on Saturday. Quite an expensive error!
Jonsey Jones

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:37 pm

Jazz Cock wrote:A lot of the lads are saving their money for Moldova away

Oh don't worry about Moldova away....get upto Wolves! Lol :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
Once a blue always a blue44

Postby grange_end1927 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:49 pm

Tomshort1927 wrote:A few might be saving and waiting for Fulham as it's cheaper and still close

Going to both mate with my son, lets get behind the Bluebirds and stop giving excuses :ayatollah:
grange_end1927

Postby wez1927 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:19 pm

Off to Fulham instead
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Tomshort1927 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:46 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:
Tomshort1927 wrote:A few might be saving and waiting for Fulham as it's cheaper and still close

Going to both mate with my son, lets get behind the Bluebirds and stop giving excuses :ayatollah:

I'm going to both aswell mate, I wish people would stop giving excuses aswell lol :bluescarf:
Tomshort1927

Postby norms76 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:10 pm

Without today's sales there were 1300 tickets sold. I'd say there'll be nearer 1800 there come Saturday.
norms76

Postby RV Casual » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:56 am

Its going to take a long time before our away support is anything like it was in the RAMS era, thats if it ever will again. The days of taking 3,000 to Wolves as a norm are gone, all the lads I used to go with and there were loads of us, nobody is going for a multitude of reasons, the Rams would have had 25 coaches going up there back then and there would have been another 500 on the train, theres your missing 1500 odd
RV Casual

Postby Stringfellow » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:36 am

RV Casual wrote:Its going to take a long time before our away support is anything like it was in the RAMS era, thats if it ever will again. The days of taking 3,000 to Wolves as a norm are gone, all the lads I used to go with and there were loads of us, nobody is going for a multitude of reasons, the Rams would have had 25 coaches going up there back then and there would have been another 500 on the train, theres your missing 1500 odd

Not disappointing at all, only if your comparing it to the past. To many are stuck in the past, football culture has moved on, society has changed and life has changed. Embrace the now and the Cardiff rising again, we will be well supported at wolves and Fulham will see a massive following due to the prices for families which is again highlighting the change in football culture.

We will take more to wolves than they bring here, probably close to 1,800 and I for one will visiting a ground I got bored of after so many visits but the new era excites me. Join the ride. :thumbup:
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:38 am

RV Casual wrote:Its going to take a long time before our away support is anything like it was in the RAMS era, thats if it ever will again. The days of taking 3,000 to Wolves as a norm are gone, all the lads I used to go with and there were loads of us, nobody is going for a multitude of reasons, the Rams would have had 25 coaches going up there back then and there would have been another 500 on the train, theres your missing 1500 odd

Exactly and the cost has gone through the roof, how much was a rams coach? Less than £15 if i remember (slightly more on DaiTaxis :lol:) your looking double that now.
2blue2handle

Postby RV Casual » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:53 am

Stringfellow wrote:

Not disappointing at all, only if your comparing it to the past. To many are stuck in the past, football culture has moved on, society has changed and life has changed. Embrace the now and the Cardiff rising again, we will be well supported at wolves and Fulham will see a massive following due to the prices for families which is again highlighting the change in football culture.

We will take more to wolves than they bring here, probably close to 1,800 and I for one will visiting a ground I got bored of after so many visits but the new era excites me. Join the ride. :thumbup:

Hello mate

Good to see you on here, just to clarify, I dont think its think disapointing, my post is trying to bring a sense of reality to procedings. ATB.
RV Casual

Postby Milkybarkid » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:54 am

Don't think taking 3,000 to Wolves was ever the norm I can only think of maybe 5 occasions we got near that In the 80s we were lucky if 3,000 turn up for a home game We have never taken big numbers away consitently in the 45 years I have supported compared to the majority of other clubs Yes when we were in the lower divisions against smaller towns and cities we were one of the better supported clubs away from home but we were not talking large numbers
Milkybarkid

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:34 am

A41 shut use junction 1 m5 come in Birmingham new road or junction 10 m6 it'll be very busy this way!
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby epping blue » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:43 am

Until we sell significantly more Season tickets and memberships we're gona to struggle to take a couple of thousand away week in week out. Half of the season tickets holders probably never go away and a significant proportion of the rest go to a couple at most. That leaves us trying to fill an allocations out of probably 4,000 or so who travel way reasonably often.

Exiles who have little connection to the club have virtually no chance of getting tickets short of getting a membership which they possibly not able or willing to do at short notice for a one off game.

I've not had a season ticket for a couple of years and it can be pretty difficult getting tickets for people who want to take in the odd game. I go on spec accepting the risks but you cant expect others to do. Trying to get child tickets can be really difficult.

Perhaps if they allowed members and ST holders to buy a couple of tickets and scrapped the need for child membership altogether it may help.
epping blue

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:51 am

Stringfellow wrote:

Gareth,we sold 1,700 tickets for Burton and could of sold 2,000, when fans want to really go,they go and they find time,money,weather, holidays,times and don't care about the distance. :thumbright:

Our fans over the years turn out about three times a season in big numbers.

Wolves in the 80's when we use to get 4,000 at home, we took 1,500 away to Wolves Division 4 football.

You say football culture has moved on, but 99% of other clubs still take massive away support and thats a fact from Grimsby,Bristol Rovers,Plymouth to Carlisle etc etc

I honestly think its going to take a lot more time than many realise(every season we say next season our fans will return) for our fans to travel away again week in week out.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby llan bluebird » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:44 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:

Gareth,we sold 1,700 tickets for Burton and could of sold 2,000, when fans want to really go,they go and they find time,money,weather, holidays,times and don't care about the distance. :thumbright:

Wolves in the 80's when we use to get 4,000 at home, we took 1,500 away to Wolves Division 4 football.

You say football culture has moved on, but 99% of other clubs still take massive away support and thats a fact from Grimsby,Bristol Rovers,Plymouth to Carlisle etc etc

I honestly think its going to take a lot more time than many realise(every season we say next season our fans will return) for our fans to travel away again week in week out.

Its different days though....You only go for the football nowadays, that was almost incidental during the 80's and 90's
llan bluebird

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:02 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:

Its different days though....You only go for the football nowadays, that was almost incidental during the 80's and 90's

100% agree its different days at the football :thumbright:

But its not stopped other clubs Bradford, Leeds, Grimsby,Bristol Rovers,Plymouth to Carlisle etc etc from travelling away :thumbright:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby nubbsy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:

But its not stopped other clubs Bradford, Leeds, Grimsby,Bristol Rovers,Plymouth to Carlisle etc etc from travelling away :thumbright:

I said directly after we went back blue that it's going to take 3 or 4 years of the club doing the right things to get our fan Base where it 'should' be.

The feel good factor has only just come back and the club is on track. If we can keep this momentum going we could have some of our best days yet ahead of us...
nubbsy

Postby Nuclearblue » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:58 pm

Was thinking of going but others I was going with can't go. Carlos get your Fooking coaches going again :laughing6: Annis sort him out Annis Annis sort him out 8-) 8-) ;)
Nuclearblue

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:13 pm

City now sold 1,450 approx incl 50 comps

The Steve Bull Stand houses travelling fans, within the lower tier alongside the pitch. The away end has a capacity of around 2,750. Also, the Stan Cullis Quadrant is also used as an away end on some occasions. Turnstiles open ninety minutes before kick-off, and supporters are advised that if for any reason tickets need to be collected on the day there will be a designated away ticket collection point – contact the club Ticket Office with any further queries.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:14 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:

I said directly after we went back blue that it's going to take 3 or 4 years of the club doing the right things to get our fan Base where it 'should' be.

The feel good factor has only just come back and the club is on track. If we can keep this momentum going we could have some of our best days yet ahead of us...

I'm with you Jack, in time they should come back :thumbright:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:15 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Was thinking of going but others I was going with can't go. Carlos get your Fooking coaches going again :laughing6: Annis sort him out Annis Annis sort him out 8-) 8-) ;)

:lol:

Nukes, Carlos don't need the headache of the club and Wayne Nash and attending meetings.

Carlos goes in the car now easier :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby skiprat » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:20 pm

Correct we aren't taking the numbers away anymore which is strange because our home support is at a 50 year high.1970s average 12000 80s 4910 90s 4670 2000/10 12758.2010 to present 19000ish?.
skiprat

Next

Return to General Chat