MELTDOWN AT CARDIFF CITY??

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby TAP_Sheep » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:34 pm

If Bennett and Zohore both go, I would say good bye to any sort of promotion bid. Cunningham is a solid player so would be a good replacement for Bennett but if Zohore carries on how he left off last season then he is irreplaceable. We can spend £10m on a striker and it would be the biggest risk we've EVER taken. Even above Cornelius (at least he was young and could still come good).

I would definitely take a punt at Jordan Rhodes. He's not playing much at Sheff W, doesn't fit their style - so may not command a huge fee. Wages would be high but if we were to get say £15m for Zohore then £5m for Rhodes + say £30k wages mean we'd pay roughly £1.56M a year on wages meaning £6.56M in total this season for Rhodes, still leaving us with a profit?
TAP_Sheep

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: MELTDOWN AT CARDIFF CITY

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:38 pm

if this, and that :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

Meltdown? Gordon Bennet!!! :roll:
paulh_85

Postby TAP_Sheep » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:45 pm

paulh_85 wrote:if this, and that :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

Meltdown? Gordon Bennet!!!

Only IFs because of confirmed bids coming in for players. Not as if I'm randomly guessing. And I'm pretty sure losing your star striker is a major thing to happen so close to the end of transfer window
TAP_Sheep

Postby Wayne S » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:48 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:..... if Zohore carries on how he left off last season then he is irreplaceable.

I think he has scored 2 goals in his last 10 league games.
Wayne S

Postby TAP_Sheep » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:50 pm

Wayne S wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:..... if Zohore carries on how he left off last season then he is irreplaceable.

Yep. He's had a barely half a season of good football and you'd swear he was the messiah and up for the Balon D'or if you talked to some of our fans! I'd take £10M now with a sell on. His head was gone on Tuesday!
TAP_Sheep

Postby Bluebird_87 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:55 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Yep. He's had a barely half a season of good football and you'd swear he was the messiah and up for the Balon D'or if you talked to some of our fans! I'd take £10M now with a sell on. His head was gone on Tuesday!

:lol: TAP - Has your head gone? Overthinking things to the extreme
Bluebird_87

Postby Sven » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:56 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Really?? :o :shock:

Did you not see the effort he put in or how he released others to do the damage they did? :?
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Re: MELTDOWN AT CARDIFF CITY??

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:59 pm

Head gone? It was only Brighton hull ffs, :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:03 pm

Thought he played well Saturday. Not the finished article by a long way, but the signs are promising and with Warnock managing him he could turn out to be the real deal.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Sven » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:09 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Thought he played well Saturday. Not the finished article by a long way, but the signs are promising and with Warnock managing him he could turn out to be the real deal.

Indeed, Steve :thumbup: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby jon1959 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:11 pm

Cardiff City is further from meltdown that at any time in years - possibly decades (and that includes the promotion season).

The club seems to be better run and better managed now than I can remember - finances and secure backing, quality first team squad, trimmed development and academy teams, club stability, clear direction and growing reconnection with the fans.

I don't expect Zohore to be sold, but if he is I have much more confidence now that the club will manage the outcome well - and strengthen. There are no guarantees, but the club on and off the pitch knows what it is doing. That wasn't true a year ago.
jon1959

Postby TAP_Sheep » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:15 pm

Sven wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Did you not see the effort he put in or how he released others to do the damage they did? :?

Yeah he put the effort in, not doubting that. Still young and quite raw but with the shots he was taking his head was down towards the end!
TAP_Sheep

Postby TAP_Sheep » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:16 pm

jon1959 wrote:Cardiff City is further from meltdown that at any time in years - possibly decades (and that includes the promotion season).

The club seems to be better run and better managed now than I can remember - finances and secure backing, quality first team squad, trimmed development and academy teams, club stability, clear direction and growing reconnection with the fans.

I don't expect Zohore to be sold, but if he is I have much more confidence now that the club will manage the outcome well - and strengthen. There are no guarantees, but the club on and off the pitch knows what it is doing. That wasn't true a year ago.

100% AGREE. I should've really said Promotion bid in melt down because if he were to go, we HAVE to get his replacement right!
TAP_Sheep

Postby TAP_Sheep » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:18 pm

Bluebird_87 wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Probably overthinking, yes. Can't really help it at times with the passion for the club, quite natural. Still doesn't really change the fact that he's had 6 months of decent football and our fans think he's worth £20M and a sell-on clause
TAP_Sheep

Postby Jes » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:56 pm

Zahore had a great game on Saturday. Apart from the scuppered shot he was terrific.
I really don't think some of our fans watch the same games as me with the crap that is sometimes spouted here.
Ken is a Prem player now let alone in a season or 2.
As for RAW.... of course he's raw but he's still the best striker i've seen down CCS for many a season.
Oustanding attributes.
Pace and power but more than this he works hard for the team.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Jes

Postby Bluebird_87 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:00 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:
Bluebird_87 wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Probably overthinking, yes. Can't really help it at times with the passion for the club, quite natural. Still doesn't really change the fact that he's had 6 months of decent football and our fans think he's worth £20M and a sell-on clause

Why shouldn't he have a sell on clause? If he carries on at the rate of progress he's been at, he'll easily be worth more than 10 million, city should benefit from it for what they've done for him.He's probably on parr with the best in the championship at the moment. Just relax and enjoy the ride, the good times are coming back :bluescarf:
Bluebird_87

Postby Sven » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:21 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:
Sven wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Yeah he put the effort in, not doubting that. Still young and quite raw but with the shots he was taking his head was down towards the end!

He was knackered from all that running! ;)

By the time he was at that stage we pretty much had the game won and largely down to his (apparently unnoticed by some) efforts on the night! :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby Xcasual » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:05 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:

Only IFs because of confirmed bids coming in for players. Not as if I'm randomly guessing. And I'm pretty sure losing your star striker is a major thing to happen so close to the end of transfer window

Roathy ? How come you're saying "your star striker " ? Being a Cardiff supporter,I'd describe him as "our striker " :?
Xcasual

Postby BobbyBlue » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:41 pm

Xcasual wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:

Roathy ? How come you're saying "your star striker " ? Being a Cardiff supporter,I'd describe him as "our striker " :?

Why is this WUM pretending to be a Cardiff fan, clearly knows fucall about zahore as he hasn't even watched hi. Live looks like he's picking things up from highlights, and things said on this forum.
BobbyBlue

Postby DexterMorgan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:05 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:If Bennett and Zohore both go, I would say good bye to any sort of promotion bid. Cunningham is a solid player so would be a good replacement for Bennett but if Zohore carries on how he left off last season then he is irreplaceable. We can spend £10m on a striker and it would be the biggest risk we've EVER taken. Even above Cornelius (at least he was young and could still come good).

I would definitely take a punt at Jordan Rhodes. He's not playing much at Sheff W, doesn't fit their style - so may not command a huge fee. Wages would be high but if we were to get say £15m for Zohore then £5m for Rhodes + say £30k wages mean we'd pay roughly £1.56M a year on wages meaning £6.56M in total this season for Rhodes, still leaving us with a profit?

What a waste of time reading this (not meant to be insulting). Grab a beer/spliff/bong and relax. In Warnock we trust :ayatollah:
DexterMorgan

Postby TAP_Sheep » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:56 am

Xcasual wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:

Season ticket holder - Canton Stand, Gate 4, Block 105...won't say the seat or row don't know who goes on here haha. Saying "our striker" was just in different context? You read into that waaaay too much. This forum is hilarious, if your opinion differs to someone else you just claim they're a multi or on a wind up :lol: if you disagree, fair enough, but construct a respectable reply, don't chuck accusations at people :bluescarf:
TAP_Sheep

Postby TAP_Sheep » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:58 am

DexterMorgan wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:If Bennett and Zohore both go, I would say good bye to any sort of promotion bid. Cunningham is a solid player so would be a good replacement for Bennett but if Zohore carries on how he left off last season then he is irreplaceable. We can spend £10m on a striker and it would be the biggest risk we've EVER taken. Even above Cornelius (at least he was young and could still come good).

What a waste of time reading this (not meant to be insulting). Grab a beer/spliff/bong and relax. In Warnock we trust :ayatollah:

I know mate, I've never been the most relaxing! Especially when it comes to the City. This post was meant to generate some debate as to who could replace Zohore but apparently I'm now a multi and not a City fan :?
TAP_Sheep

Postby TAP_Sheep » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:01 am

BobbyBlue wrote:
Xcasual wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:

Why is this WUM pretending to be a Cardiff fan, clearly knows fucall about zahore as he hasn't even watched hi. Live looks like he's picking things up from highlights, and things said on this forum.

As mentioned above, I am a season ticket holder in the Canton Stand, Gate 4, Block 105 (not going to say what seat and row just in case). I didn't go to the Burton game in all fairness. I'm just saying against Sheff U even the people around me were saying Zohore was trying some silly shots and had his head down for the last 5 mins on the pitch
Last edited by TAP_Sheep on Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
TAP_Sheep

Postby TAP_Sheep » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:02 am

BobbyBlue wrote:
Xcasual wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:

And knowing "fucall about zahore". Try spelling his name right before you chuck that about pal :lol: Just because my opinion differs to yours, it doesn't mean I'm wrong and pretending to be a City fan
TAP_Sheep

Return to General Chat