Cardiff City are reportedly weighing up a second bid

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:52 pm

Cardiff City interested in Fleetwood Town defender Amari'i Bell - Sun reports

Thursday 17th August 2017

Cardiff City are reportedly weighing up a second bid for Fleetwood Town left-back Amari'i Bell after claims an initial offer has been rejected, according to The Sun.

A full-back is likely to be high on the agenda for the Bluebirds, who could lose Joe Bennett to Championship rivals Fulham before the close of the transfer window, with the Cottagers having matched the player's release clause for a move.

The club have already targeted Preston's Greg Cunningham in light of Bennett's proposed move to West London, but The Sun claim they have also looked at Bell as another possible contender.

However, Bluebirds officials are distancing themselves from the reports and focusing on other targets if Bennett is to leave.

Bell has been a mainstay since joining the Trawlermen in 2015, making a total of 89 apperances for the club.

The Sun report the Bluebirds have already had an initial bid rebuffed, but say they could yet come back in with another offer.

Bell, 23, has been in impressive form at Highbury Stadium after moving from Birmingham City in 2015. He's previously enjoyed spells at Mansfield, Swindon and Gillingham.

He currently has one year left on his current deal at the club, and Fleetwood may well opt to cash in on the full-back rather than risk losing him for nothing at the end of the season.

Meanwhile, City are closing in on a deal for Wigan Athletic striker Omar Bogle, who looks set to join for a fee believed to be around £1 million.
Attachments
AA.jpg
AA.jpg (76.35 KiB) Viewed 3365 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Cardiff City are reportedly weighing up a second bid

Postby Dahboy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:18 pm

I like the look of this left back.
Dahboy

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:00 pm

Would rather Greg Cunningham tbh. has championship experience, captain of preston and Big LB who can also play CB and is a warrior in defence.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Wayne S » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:34 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:Would rather Greg Cunningham tbh. has championship experience, captain of preston and Big LB who can also play CB and is a warrior in defence.

Would rather Cunningham IF Bennett was going to Fulham but as a backup to Joe (if he stays) Bell would be just right as a dedicated left footer.
Wayne S

Return to General Chat