Joe Bennett update

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Joe Bennett update

Postby BluebirdsTilIDie » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:13 pm

Rumours circulating that he has done u turn and has decided to stay with Cardiff.

He turned down a lucrative contract with Fulham and has decided to stay with Cardiff apparently.

If it's true will be told by Warnock tomorrow in the press conference let's hope it's true
BluebirdsTilIDie

Joe Bennett update

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Joe Bennett update

Postby norms76 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:16 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Rumours circulating that he has done u turn and has decided to stay with Cardiff.

He turned down a lucrative contract with Fulham and has decided to stay with Cardiff apparently.

If it's true will be told by Warnock tomorrow in the press conference let's hope it's true

He trained with the first team squad today down the Vale anyway, if he was off I'm sure he wouldn't be involved with the squad I would of thought.

Hope the rumours are true.
norms76

Postby BluebirdsTilIDie » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:17 pm

norms76 wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Rumours circulating that he has done u turn and has decided to stay with Cardiff.

He trained with the first team squad today down the Vale anyway, if he was off I'm sure he wouldn't be involved with the squad I would of thought.

Hope the rumours are true.

Yeah he was training with the first team as well I'm sure he'd be in London f he was signing by now
BluebirdsTilIDie

Postby Wayne S » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:45 pm

We await a tweet from him about Saturdays game in order to confirm his committment.
Wayne S

Postby KBK-13 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:46 pm

Good news if true
KBK-13

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:10 pm

Would be ideal if true. If the window closed now I would be very happy especially after the Bogle signing.
2blue2handle

Postby Nickoblue23 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:22 pm

Until it's confirmed I won't get to excited but if true it gives us a massive opportunity to prove that we appreciate this group of players and management and get right behind him on Saturday. He would be playing on our side as well so perfect opportunity!!!

Joey Bennett's magic.....

He wouldn't sign villa or Fulham coz....

Bluebirds!!!
Nickoblue23

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:27 pm

With Greg Cunningham deal from Preston off this adds more weight to it fingers crossed :bluescarf:
Pembroke bluebird

Postby Wayne S » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:13 pm

If Joe has decided to stay will it cost us money in the way of a new contract?

The rumour doing the rounds is that he asked Fulham to double his wages to 32k to sign on the dotted line.

Will we need to give him a pay rise and tighten up that bloody release clause or even get rid of it.
Wayne S

Postby ReeseBluebird1927 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:56 pm

Give him new contract get rid of release clause job done
ReeseBluebird1927

Postby Sven » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:23 pm

U-turn?? :?

Did he 'agree' to sign for Fulham and then change his mind? Or did he go listen (maybe via his Agent) and just decide he was happy where he was? :?

Either way, I'm glad he's staying! :thumbup: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby thomasblue » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:29 am

Im a bit dissapointed he has not come out and said he is happy hear and staying to be honest. If he can have his head turned so easily by a medium size club is he the right guy for us anyway?
It does show a lack of commitment to the club listening to offers like that.
If it was a premier league club it would be a different story.
thomasblue

Postby piledriver64 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:49 am

thomasblue wrote:Im a bit dissapointed he has not come out and said he is happy hear and staying to be honest. If he can have his head turned so easily by a medium size club is he the right guy for us anyway?
It does show a lack of commitment to the club listening to offers like that.
If it was a premier league club it would be a different story.

We don't know what happened. Warnock said "his people" were talking to Fulham and it was then up to him.

For all we know he might have just told them through his agent "No". We'll know more later I'm sure.
piledriver64

Postby bluemun » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:23 am

I doubt he agreed to join them. We need to keep him, though we still need cover at left back with Declan on the way out.
Jazz is better on the right.
bluemun

Postby nojac » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:29 am

It seems at the moment,there is radio silence.
If he does stay,he would have lost out on over a million pound* if that's true , well done to the lad and perhaps Neil Warnock is working more magic.
* guestimation
£2m transfer fee =£200k signing fee.
If he's on £16k with us than surely FFC would offer him at least a third more wage £8k =£400k per year.
Then if he's on a two year contract with us, they would at least match that
=£800k
£800k +£200k = £1m .
Lot of money to turn down,if he has turned all that down plus bonuses, He must love playing for the City and Warnock.
Maybe he does deserve a new updated contract, loyalty seems to be a growing thing at the CCS at the moment (Morrison,Manga etc)
nojac

Postby paulh_85 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:37 am

Wayne S wrote:If Joe has decided to stay will it cost us money in the way of a new contract?

The rumour doing the rounds is that he asked Fulham to double his wages to 32k to sign on the dotted line.

Will we need to give him a pay rise and tighten up that bloody release clause or even get rid of it.

if thats true i hope we sell him really.

because itll take a new contract and 25k a week + to keep him, is he really worth that?
paulh_85

Postby BluebirdsTilIDie » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:44 am

Happy days he's staying
BluebirdsTilIDie

Return to General Chat