" OFFICIAL: OMAR BOGLE SIGNS FOR CARDIFF CITY "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:00 pm

IMG_2181.JPG
IMG_2181.JPG (303.7 KiB) Viewed 11892 times

Cardiff City Football Club are delighted to announce the signing of Omar Bogle, subject to international clearance.

The 25-year-old forward has signed a three-year deal at Cardiff City Stadium, and joins from Wigan Athletic for an undisclosed fee.

Bogle is Neil Warnock’s eighth summer signing, and will wear the No.30 shirt for the 2017/18 campaign.

IMG_2182.JPG
IMG_2182.JPG (730.49 KiB) Viewed 11892 times

Speaking exclusively to iFollow Cardiff City, Omar said: "I know how big this Club is and the direction that we want to go in. I spoke to the Gaffer and was excited by his plans.

"I've got pace, work rate and I want to entertain the fans. I'm excited and looking forward to scoring goals."

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock added: "I like his enthusiasm. He's raw, he's similar to Mendez-Laing in some respects, and he's got desire.

"With the right guidance and the right players we can bring the best out of him."

Listen to Omar and Neil’s interviews in full, only on iFollow Cardiff City!
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " OFFICIAL: OMAR BOGLE SIGNS FOR CARDIFF CITY "

Postby norms76 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:00 pm

IMG_1931.JPG
IMG_1931.JPG (459.83 KiB) Viewed 11904 times
norms76

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:02 pm

norms76 wrote:
IMG_1931.JPG

:thumbright: :ayatollah:
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:09 pm

I'm not usually negative about our signings and I hope he does really well I really do, but personally i feel we have overpaid for Omar Bogle. The guy was proven in league 2 but went to Wigan for 750k and only scored 3 goals in 13 games and 2 of them I believe were pens, and Wigan apparently didn't want him. So how has his worth gone from 750k to 1m?. I think we should have paid 500k-600k and no more. But hope the lad completely proves me wrong and makes me look a right idiot. :lol:
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Valebluebird » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:14 pm

Hope he comes of the bench scores a Hatrick and shuts up those God awful Wolves fans c'mon Bluebirds :bluescarf:
Valebluebird

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:14 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:I'm not usually negative about our signings and I hope he does really well I really do, but personally i feel we have overpaid for Omar Bogle. The guy was proven in league 2 but went to Wigan for 750k and only scored 3 goals in 13 games and 2 of them I believe were pens, and Wigan apparently didn't want him. So how has his worth gone from 750k to 1m?. I think we should have paid 500k-600k and no more. But hope the lad completely proves me wrong and makes me look a right idiot. :lol:

He joined Wigan for £1.2m. They have made a net loss on him.

He turned down Ipswich and QPR to join us, and was interesting many Championship clubs when he went to Wigan.

Scored plenty of goals at lower league level and I believe Warnock will get the best out of him.

He's another player with pace, who will be determined to prove he belongs in the Championship.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby theclaw » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:17 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:I'm not usually negative about our signings and I hope he does really well I really do, but personally i feel we have overpaid for Omar Bogle. The guy was proven in league 2 but went to Wigan for 750k and only scored 3 goals in 13 games and 2 of them I believe were pens, and Wigan apparently didn't want him. So how has his worth gone from 750k to 1m?. I think we should have paid 500k-600k and no more. But hope the lad completely proves me wrong and makes me look a right idiot. :lol:

How much did we pay for him?
theclaw

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:19 pm

theclaw wrote:

How much did we pay for him?

£1m.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby bluebird58 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:20 pm

Wigan were poor last season and not being able to score goals for that team is hardly surprising. They were also incredibly negative in their outlook. I trust NW to get the best out of him.
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby Igovernor » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:30 pm

FFS how do you know we paid £1m for him, on the OFFICIAL site the fee is undisclosed, so people can guess as much as they like, I'll have a guess we paid £500k for him, see how easy it is!
Igovernor

Postby Wayne S » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:35 pm

He was in demand both recently by Championship clubs AND last January. Probably paying to see off anyone else.
Wayne S

Postby jon1959 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:42 pm

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11704/10992814/cardiff-sign-omar-bogle-from-wigan

Cardiff have signed forward Omar Bogle from Wigan.

Sky Sports News understands the Bluebirds have paid an initial £700,000, although the fee could rise to £1m subject to appearances and promotion.

The 24-year-old has penned a three-year deal with the Sky Bet Championship club.

"I know how big this club is and the direction that we want to go in. I spoke to the gaffer (Neil Warnock) and was excited by his plans," Bogle told Cardiff's website.

"I've got pace, work rate and I want to entertain the fans. I'm excited and looking forward to scoring goals."

Bogle, who scored three goals for Wigan after arriving from Grimsby in January, becomes manager Neil Warnock's ninth signing of the summer transfer window.

Warnock added: "I like his enthusiasm. He's raw, he's similar to Mendez-Laing in some respects, and he's got desire.

"With the right guidance and the right players we can bring the best out of him."
Last edited by jon1959 on Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jon1959

Postby norms76 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:42 pm

I suppose you were one of the negative nellys when we signed Mendez-Laing too? Give the lad a chance, Warnock is being very savvy in this window and has signed some excellent players.

I'm looking forward to seeing Bogle in action. :bluescarf:
norms76

Postby Mr Moo Cow » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:47 pm

A typical warnock signing - i think raw talent and he will be a hit

Our supporters love a player that gives 100% and id rather someone like him than a ricky lambert who just wants a pay cheque
Mr Moo Cow

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:11 pm

Just the type of back up player we needed, keen eager and at a good age to push for the first team.
2blue2handle

Postby valleyrambill » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:13 pm

He scored 2 cracking goals for wigan against Norwich and this is why teams were after him with the players we have supplying him this could be another great bit of work by Warnock and his team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpLhdf89fbM
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby gwentbluebirds » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:04 pm

In Warnock we trust. All this speculation is mind BOGOLING :lol:
gwentbluebirds

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:06 pm

Wigan fans call him offside Bogle because they say he is always offside

Be interesting to see
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:06 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:In Warnock we trust. All this speculation is mind BOGOLING :lol:

:lol: :thumbright:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby ninianblue » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:58 pm

welcome to cardiff city omar,,,,a premiership club,,,,,stuck in the championship :occasion5: :lol:
ninianblue

Postby Bluebird_87 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:02 pm

You've jinxed yourself now, you know that don't you? :lol:
Bluebird_87

Postby llan bluebird » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Wigan fans call him offside Bogle because they say he is always offside

Be interesting to see

we get the ball forward so quickly i doubt he'll have a chance to drift off side :ayatollah:

its all about horses for courses.....
llan bluebird

Postby Dahboy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:18 pm

Those red seats look fukin pathetic.
Dahboy

Postby nubbsy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:24 pm

I've got past doubting warnocks signings... Don't think he's made a bad one yet. In fact quite the opposite!
nubbsy

Postby BobbyBlue » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:33 pm

Wigan are shit probably couldn't set any up for him, welcome Bogle no doubt NW will get the best out of you and prove the doubters wrong as usual, maybe we should of paid an extra 7 mil and got Cornelius back :lol: Theae are the type of risks we should be taking, low risk /o\
BobbyBlue

Postby DandoCCFC » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:37 pm

It's great to see people criticise the valuation of the player, has anyone been watching other teams in this window in our division? Bargain. :ayatollah:
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby Dessy1927 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:41 pm

Personally I wanted us in for him last season. As I did for Bradshaw who's doing ok in championship, these are the type of gems we need to uncover like many teams who make it to the promised land do, low risk ( financially) and the chance to prosper. My money is on him being pivotal to our season late on. #inwarnockwetrust
#younghungryrawtalent
Dessy1927

Postby gazlatic » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:36 am

How do folks, thought I’d swing by and give you a Wigan perspective on Bogle in case you were interested.  His stats from Wigan were pretty mediocre, 3 goals in 13, something that reflects his time with us.  A few people seem to think we’ve made a loss on the deal – I can assure you that wasn’t the case – we paid in the region of £750k for him, add ons would have pushed it over a million but he got nowhere near meeting the requirements.

He started out really well, a strong presence in the front line and a willing runner and bagged two goals on debut but that would turn out to be his peak.  His interplay with others was pretty average at best here, again possibly a symptom of Warren Joyce’s terrible tactics, but he showed little under Barrow to change this view.  After this start his performances dropped away and he was eventually dropped in favour of a barely fit Nick Powell with veiled comments about his work ethic on the pitch being made by the coaches.  It became clear over pre-season that he was dropping down the pecking order at the club and would have now been 4th choice behind Grigg, Toney and Powell – some would also argue one of our kids had even gone in front of him in Cooks eyes.

So far, so critical, however, I will stand up for Bogle. He was never going to do much in a team that struggled so woefully to score.  Our fans argue that his runs were poorly timed and more astute Championship defences were trapping him offside with frustrating regularity.  I would argue that a good striker of his ilk, who will use pace and power (Jason Roberts-esque if any of you recall him! Right down to the slightly awkward to the eyes running style) to beat a defence will get caught offside 9 times out of 10 – as long as he sticks it away the 10th time people won’t care!  Unfortunately he didn’t get the service at Wigan to get 10 decent balls to run on to so we didn’t see that.  His strengths should make him a handful but he still looks very raw – at 24 you would hope he was starting to look more rounded but you could argue that his route through the leagues attributes towards this diamond in the rough air.

I still think he will be a good striker in the Football League, you don’t score that many goals without having some talent, but I don’t think he’s Championship ready yet.  If he gets the right guidance – and crucially the supply he lacked at Wigan – he could surprise a few people this season and beyond.  It’s a good deal all round, we got our money back, you got a decent striker for a reasonable price and Bogle will be in a squad that will play to his skills.

Good luck for the season!
gazlatic

Postby Jonsey Jones » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:06 pm

In the talk sport interview the other day Tan was using Leicester as as example of what a team working together can achieve. He specifically mentioned Vardy. I wonder if he sees Omar as the same and that's why he splashed the cash without having the one on one out policy that has been mentioned.
Jonsey Jones

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:53 pm

Forever Blue
Admin

Next

Return to General Chat