Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Junior Hoilett speaks '

Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:01 pm

Junior Hoilett speaks

"It’s been a great start. I think everyone can see the effort we’re putting in to get the results. We finished well last season, kept the same squad and added so it’s no surprise. We just have to maintain it ahead of a long season."

"Last year I didn’t have a pre-season, but after playing in the Gold Cup it was good to come back in ready to go. My last game was...I can’t remember but I played all the summer! It’s been great to keep fitness up and form."

Re: ' Junior Hoilett speaks '

Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:03 pm

Junior Hoilett:

"Neil wants me to express myself and get at defenders. As well as a great manager, he’s a great boss to play for - he gives you belief. He’s easy to talk to. People like to play for managers who are so supportive."

"It’s early and there’ll be tough games to come, but we both have a perfect record and it will be a good game. We’re excited. Wolves have brought in some big names but we have a team spirit that will go a long way. You could see it at the end of the season the way we stuck together and grinded out results but it’s still building."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:16 pm

I think it's great testament to Warnock and his experience that not only can he bring the names in but he has that relationship with players where he can ring them up personally and get them to a club he manages.. real shows the class Warnock has.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:19 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:I think it's great testament to Warnock and his experience that not only can he bring the names in but he has that relationship with players where he can ring them up personally and get them to a club he manages.. real shows the class Warnock has.

Agree with this. But what if we go up? Do we have the squad to compete in the premier. Or do we need another "transition period"?

Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:29 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:I think it's great testament to Warnock and his experience that not only can he bring the names in but he has that relationship with players where he can ring them up personally and get them to a club he manages.. real shows the class Warnock has.

Agree with this. But what if we go up? Do we have the squad to compete in the premier. Or do we need another "transition period"?

I don't know.. so many ways you can look at it obviously you would think Warnock would be the man to take us in to the Prem season and let him decide or didn't Watford sack the manager that took them up?

Personally I think if we were to go up under Warnock I think a 30 million budget with him would be good enough to see us have a good go.. he has the personality and relationships to build with players he knows and potential new ones.

Look at Zohore, Mendez Laing.. their both grafters and make their own luck and it's coming off for them.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:40 pm

Warnock was never giving the chance in the premiership QPR shouldn't have sacked him in all fairness . if he took us up and giving the backing of money for players I think he would keep us up

Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:46 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:

I don't know.. so many ways you can look at it obviously you would think Warnock would be the man to take us in to the Prem season and let him decide or didn't Watford sack the manager that took them up?

Personally I think if we were to go up under Warnock I think a 30 million budget with him would be good enough to see us have a good go.. he has the personality and relationships to build with players he knows and potential new ones.

Look at Zohore, Mendez Laing.. their both grafters and make their own luck and it's coming off for them.

He will not be caught out Warnock, I'm sure about that. But he need to to show a bit more forward thinking in his signings me thinks.He would need to replace more than half his team if going up. And I think he is in a good position to do so. He is a bit like Slade, always looking to the English league system. But I guess he is doing a good job here and now. 30 mill will not do it in my opinion. But here and now is not all stupid. Zahore has lots to prove, just like Josh King at Bournemouth. The world is full of one hit wonders. Excited though.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:06 pm

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:54 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:

He will not be caught out Warnock, I'm sure about that. But he need to to show a bit more forward thinking in his signings me thinks.He would need to replace more than half his team if going up. And I think he is in a good position to do so. He is a bit like Slade, always looking to the English league system. But I guess he is doing a good job here and now. 30 mill will not do it in my opinion. But here and now is not all stupid. Zahore has lots to prove, just like Josh King at Bournemouth. The world is full of one hit wonders. Excited though.

not sure about the Slade bit .yes he looks to the EFL for rough diamonds but NW seems to embrace the foreign players at the club which Slade did not moving half a dozen out within a couple of months while the likes of manga..fabio.and Gunner often found themselves on the bench.not to mention he got next to nothing out of Zohore { just 2 starts }.