" NEIL WARNOCK SPEAKS OUT ON KENNETH ZOHORE & OMAR BOGLE "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:05 pm

Friday 18th August 2017

By Dominic Booth

Neil Warnock has rubbished talk that Hull City have tabled a bid for Kenneth Zohore, reiterating that the Dane is going nowhere.

The Cardiff City boss had added to his forward firepower this week with the £700,000 signing of former Wigan Athletic striker Omar Bogle.

But he insists the new boy is a back-up option, rather than a replacement for Zohore amid ongoing interest in the Bluebirds' kingpin.

Warnock wanted another striking option, hence the addition of Bogle , something "different"; while he confirmed clubs' interest in Zohore would continue to be rebuffed by the club.

IMG_2181.JPG
IMG_2181.JPG (303.7 KiB) Viewed 1743 times

"We were pleased to get him in," said Warnock on Bogle.

"We’ve looked at the squad, and for example if Ken is injured or out and with just Wardy, we’ve nothing different to change. For a long season we were looking to add another striker to supplement what we’ve got. I’ve seen the figures — it’s £700,000 we’ve paid which I’m pleased with and is good investment at his age, with loads of hunger and something to prove and he’s not too impatient about not being a regular at the moment because he won’t be."

With some fearing Bogle could replace Zohore should the 23-year-old be lured away from the club, Warnock quickly allayed those fears.

IMG_2194.JPG
IMG_2194.JPG (61.8 KiB) Viewed 1743 times

He added: "Fans don’t think that, you lot (the press) do! Ken’s not going anywhere. You have to have three (strikers). Last year we didn’t have enough competition and you don't want to use young lads in a season like this.

"We’ve not had an offer," he said on a reported Hull City bid for Zohore. Again, the Cardiff boss repeated that if Zohore did leave South Wales, it would be for a top Premier League club.

"I don’t know where it’s come from. I think Hull are probably trying to pacify their own fans by saying things like that.

"I’d like to see the offer they’ve made. Are they in cloud cuckoo land or what?

"Do they think Ken is going to Hull City when he’s playing as well as he is? If he’s going to go anywhere it would be to the Premier League. So I’m disappointed Hull have put that out and we haven’t had an offer — and we wouldn’t have even looked at it if it had come from Hull City."

IMG_2195.JPG
IMG_2195.JPG (57.52 KiB) Viewed 1743 times

Speculation has also linked Zohore to Brighton & Hove Albion and others after the Dane's impressive performances of late.

He scored in the Bluebirds' opening day win at Burton Albion and was instrumental in the home wins over Aston Villa and Sheffield United, as he will be against Wolves on Saturday.

"There’s interest in Ken all the time probably," added Warnock.

"It’s a topic at the moment about players wanting to leave, going to bigger things, but this is a unique situation where he knows he needs another season of guidance and anything is possible if he progresses like he is.

"Managers don’t worry when they hear a manager say a player is not for sale, but in this case it’s real and he isn’t for sale. It’s not crossing my mind."
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " NEIL WARNOCK SPEAKS OUT ON KENNETH ZOHORE & OMAR BOGLE

Postby City Slicker » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:11 pm

Brilliant Neil, I believe you matey :thumbup:
City Slicker

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:28 pm

There could well be more interest in the Dane.

But Warnock’s position couldn’t be any clearer, that’s for sure.

NEIL WARNOCK:

"There’s interest in Ken all the time probably."

"It’s a topic at the moment about players wanting to leave, going to bigger things, but this is a unique situation where he knows he needs another season of guidance and anything is possible if he progresses like he is. Managers don’t worry when they hear a manager say a player is not for sale, but in this case it’s real and he isn’t for sale. It’s not crossing my mind."
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby blue mist » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:11 pm

Fred? What happened to him? No future at City?
blue mist

Return to General Chat