Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Can the Valley RAMS be brought back?

Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:06 am

I know of a fair few that would go away if this type of structure was in place.

Is this something that could be revived and started back up?

Not interested in the politics of our recent past but would think that a revive or a new set up is due as many many need this in order to get seat and ticket for away games.
Surely the club could assist in a grant to set scheme up too as in their interest too.

Does anyone have thoughts and/or strategy to set this back up???

A club our size needs this

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Re: Can the Valley RAMS be brought back?

Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:14 am

This forum could help with an 'away transport' section of who runs coaches and from where etc

Group contacts from our fans in west wales, mid/north, south west/Midlands/north england and London etc.

Could be a great section for this forum?!
:bluebird:

Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:24 am

The blokes who run the trips now do the same job, just not in the same numbers,buses run from most areas

Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:59 am

PM me with where you want to travel from and I'll find out who runs a bus from there.

I run one from Caerphilly to a lot of games
Got 2 going to Fulham, but most Valleys have a coach from them.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:49 am

Crowd funding campaign?

Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:22 am

Heads of the valleys blues runs 1 from bleanau gwent area I've been couple times but numbers are reduced and I know they struggling will be looking to go to fulham though

Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:28 am

There are presently 14 different travel groups at the meetings, who run coaches from all over South Wales.

I spoke this week to Paul Henmings one if the Valley organisers, they had a full coach for Burton, then Wolves away only 8 booked on so had to cancel it.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:30 am

gwentbluebirds wrote:Heads of the valleys blues runs 1 from bleanau gwent area I've been couple times but numbers are reduced and I know they struggling will be looking to go to fulham though

I think that's Paul Hemmings lot?

Told me the demand is not there from Cardiff fans, so can't just take empty coaches.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:41 am

Annis, if he's struggling then put him in touch with me.
Might make sense for him to have shared with Tichy today, or Jumbo.

I try to work with one or 2 others when we are short, which was regular in the last couple of seasons

Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:51 am

Lawnmower wrote:Annis, if he's struggling then put him in touch with me.

I try to work with one or 2 others when we are short, which was regular in the last couple of seasons

I will do for future Tim :thumbright: :ayatollah:

But they cancelled today's coach.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:29 am

Thanks everyone

Had kids so don't go away as much now.

We used to have cracking buses from the Rhondda
Phil Fuzz
Twiggy
Newt

But none run them anymore

Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:40 pm

eddiep wrote:Thanks everyone

Had kids so don't go away as much now.

We used to have cracking buses from the Rhondda
Phil Fuzz
Twiggy
Newt

But none run them anymore

you will never get them golden days back mate - crazzzzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyy days :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:42 pm

Titchy trips are good laugh

Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:43 pm

Titchy trips are good good laugh

Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:47 pm

Great memories travelling with the rams. The Bryncethin rams bus that used to go from the royal oak had a coffin on it full of beer every trip :lol: Went on big Sams bus to Oldham in 2002 and he got off the bus to ask these local lads directions, they took one look at him and they ran like feck :lol:

Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Cheers Annis.

I'll help wherever I can.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Yes not looking good if not getting enough for wolves which is a shorter trip than most

Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:02 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yes not looking good if not getting enough for wolves which is a shorter trip than most

You better not say that, there were posters on here this week saying it was a long journey :lol:

From the heads of the Valleys where Paul lives,you can get to Wolves in about 1hr 45mins and he was shocked to only have 8 names. It was over two weeks since Burton away and City were allocated 2,750 tickets,I was expecting at least 2,000 sold.

Shelf United brought nearly 1,400 to us on a Tuesday night,another 100 miles further away.

Anyway well done to those that travelled :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:02 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Cheers Annis.

I'll help wherever I can.

I know you will Tim :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:55 pm

pengamblue wrote:Titchy trips are good good laugh

He forgot about me for the Reading playoff game back a while ago. I was there at the stop 10 minutes before the time I was told. I rang Titch and they were halfway there. Talk about unorganised !

Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:31 pm

Boly with an outrageous flick out to Douglas as the defender was under pressure. Needed mentioning.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:19 pm

I go with Paul on this bus, Gomez and Paul jonny and that work hard to get the bus full but for some reason we can either fill one or are lucky to get a taxi... personality I'd love the RAMS to get back at it as we could share the load between us with full / empty busses

Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:23 pm

Don't think anyone can do it for the cost the RAMS did, that was the key. Away days are to expensive and people like new grounds.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:33 am

I travelled with the RAMS and I don't think the prices charged by any of the guys who run the coaches is any higher.

I think we've just got to make more effort to work together.

Not easy as some lads only want to travel in certain buses as each group has slightly different rules and people get used to one way of doing things.

Also geographically it's not always easy to combine stops etc...

It's definitely improving for us though, in the last few months we've found a lot more youngsters coming and although holidays meant I couldn't run a bus yesterday we had 74 for Burton and already have more than that for Fulham, which is great

As mentioned earlier maybe the coach organisers who post on here can make themselves known and people can PM them about games.

I will have a chat to a few of the others at the SLA meeting if there's genuine demand to travel from people who are unaware who runs coaches in their area

Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:14 am

I travelled with the RAMS and I don't think the prices charged by any of the guys who run the coaches is any higher.

Not easy as some lads only want to travel in certain buses as each group has slightly different rules and people get used to one way of doing things.

Also geographically it's not always easy to combine stops etc...

It's definitely improving for us though, in the last few months we've found a lot more youngsters coming and although holidays meant I couldn't run a bus yesterday we had 74 for Burton and already have more than that for Fulham, which is great

As mentioned earlier maybe the coach organisers who post on here can make themselves known and people can PM them about games.

I will have a chat to a few of the others at the SLA meeting if there's genuine demand to travel from people who are unaware who runs coaches in their area

Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:30 am

The Rams were an amazing organisation,and how Big Gwyn,Corky and the rest of the reps managed to organise such a rabble is beyond me,l travelled on the AHM bus from Caerphilly and after watching the City for over 40 years at that time (mostly on my own) it was great to travel with like minded fans

Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:54 am

Lawnmower:

Totally agree with you Tim, the supporters groups are fairly priced for away games and fans just got to make more effort, there are plenty of areas to travel from :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:49 am

Annis.
In fairness there have been a lot of reasons for fans not traveling in recent seasons, we've all talked plenty about that, now though we have a club and team worth watching, to be proud of.

If we don't start to see numbers increase in the ne t few months we never will.

All I'd say though is anyone who's struggling for transport needs to get it out in the open as there are people prepared to help.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:42 pm

Bring back the Valley Rams!! Or get some phone numbers available on the forums for most areas :bluebird: