Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED Breaking News: " Kenneth Zohore & Joe Ledley "

Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:04 am

Plenty of rumours doing the rounds today and increasing on Kenneth Zohore.

NO bid for Zohore accepted its all totall bollocks. :thumbright: :bluebird:

Kenneth Zohore plays for the mighty Bluebirds today :ayatollah:

Also City will add another player before window shuts. Don't rule out Joe Ledley, his agent has been in touch and will to take lower wages

Joe Ledley is currently training with Barry Town and his family want to stay in Cardiff where they currently live. But it all depends if Warnnock really wants him?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Breaking News: " Kenneth Zohore & Joe Ledley "

Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:08 am

Forever Blue wrote:Plenty of rumours doing the rounds today on Kenneth Zohore.

NO bid for Zohore accepted its all totall bollocks. :thumbright: :bluebird:

Kenneth Zohore plays for the Mighty Bluebirds today :ayatollah:

Also City will add another player before window shuts. Don't rule out Joe Ledley, his agent has been in touch and will to take lower wages.

I would take now ledley

Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:11 am

I personally haven't wanted Ledley to come back, due to his wages.

But he must be desperate for a club now or he won't even be involved for Wales, so expect he's prepared to take a big wage drop - he'd need to if he was going to sign for us.

Would be a decent signing IF he's on low wages.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:14 am

I'd take 'Low Ledley' ;)

Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:16 am

Why would we want him back? Our midfields looking quite dynamic and i for one wouldn't want him even for backup his legs have gone.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:21 am

No deal in place for Cardiff City's Kenneth Zohore to join Brighton as striker prepares for Wolves clash

The Bluebirds have already fended off the advances of Hull City for the front man.

Cardiff City striker Kenneth Zohore is expected to play against Wolves today, despite reports claiming that he is joining newly-promoted Premier League club Brighton.

Early on Saturday morning, the Telegraph published a tweet that stated the Bluebirds' key man was on the move in a £10 million plus Tomer Hemed deal.

However, sources close to the club are adamant that there is no such deal in place.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:23 am

Ledley wouldn't get in our team at present. Ralls has been superb.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:32 am

bluemun wrote:Ledley wouldn't get in our team at present. Ralls has been superb.

This^^^^ wouldn't get in our team and if he did he would disrupt the attacking way we are playing at the moment.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:32 am

Hopefully big Ken will stay for now..
Ledley wouldnt even take him, for me he left on a free when we could off got some decent money,now he's past it he wants to come home...bullshit..he didnt give a shit when him and Bothroyd left so piss off and find another club..# should have been loyal when we needed you.. :old:

Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:35 am

Can't we give him a half season and then decide on a longer contract if he's decent like what we did with hoilett? I personally would welcome him back.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:49 am

Can Ledley still play left back, and perhaps provide some cover there? We have to accept that Ralls and Gunnar are likely to get injured or need a rest at some point. Also Ledley could come on for either of the above for the last 20 minutes of a game. Offer him a short term contract for a season, or even half a season, and see how it goes. :bluebird:

Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:52 am

I'd rather Warnock and O'keefe sort their differences than us sign Ledley. Good news regarding Zohore, club should be saying he's not for sale at any price

Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:07 am

I would of taken him start of the window however now he doesn't really fit in anywhere, if ralls continues his form is rather ralls

Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:28 am

Leave well alone, left for nothing despite SB efforts to keep him.
No pre season, would be playing catch up now.
Rather Ben Watson at least he can move around the field.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:30 am

Not for me - don't need another journeyman who's best days are past him and taking up a huge chunk of the wages. This deal would be going back on everything the fans have been saying not to do and also goes against the clubs policy of bringing in hungry players on lower wages

Sentiment can't get in the way anymore :thumbup:

Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:35 am

He would be a great squad player, it has been stated we are thin on the ground in defensive midfield area, so if wages are affordable, there is no fee, it would be win win, Cardiff get a great international player on a freebie and low wage, Ledley gets a club.

He might not break into starting11 but there are certain games, like today where a joe Ledley could make a difference in breaking the game up etc

I would not be disappointed if it happened, I would not be disappointed if it didn't happen.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:43 am

Warnock is probably faster than Ledley.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:09 pm

If Joe was to take a pay cut and willing to be patient and be a squad player, he would without a doubt strengthen our team.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:18 pm

We don't need Ledley, go back to Celtic you like playing in Europe :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:42 pm

City don't need judus Joe. :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:00 pm

Not bothered if Joe signs or not. Like the way our midfield has some legs at the moment, won't Ledley just slow it all down.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:04 pm

Don't get all this anti Ledley stuff. He always played his heart out for the city and would be great to have in the squad IMO.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:06 pm

Another question is how fit is he after no pre season.

He was great for us but he left 7 years ago, he isn't the same player he was then.

Re: UPDATED Breaking News: " Kenneth Zohore & Joe Ledley "

Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:13 pm

Joe Ledley is currently training with Barry Town and his family want to stay in Cardiff where they currently live. But it all depends if Warnnock really wants him?

Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:19 pm

Sven wrote:No deal in place for Cardiff City's Kenneth Zohore to join Brighton as striker prepares for Wolves clash

The Bluebirds have already fended off the advances of Hull City for the front man.

Cardiff City striker Kenneth Zohore is expected to play against Wolves today, despite reports claiming that he is joining newly-promoted Premier League club Brighton.

Early on Saturday morning, the Telegraph published a tweet that stated the Bluebirds' key man was on the move in a £10 million plus Tomer Hemed deal.

However, sources close to the club are adamant that there is no such deal in place.

Thought Hull made no advances for Zohore Chris ??

Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:37 pm

Don't sign him he would disrupt the team, he is too slow. Never ever forgiven him for leaving City on a free. Go back to Celtic.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:40 pm

Lets be honest unless Warnock say we have had no offers . also unless Ledley is singing its up to Warnock end off

Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:33 pm

With the quality we have in midfield now he would find it hard to get a game.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Howieblue wrote:Hopefully big Ken will stay for now..
Ledley wouldnt even take him, for me he left on a free when we could off got some decent money,now he's past it he wants to come home...bullshit..he didnt give a shit when him and Bothroyd left so piss off and find another club..# should have been loyal when we needed you.. :old:

#ismeanttobeonebigsentencewithnogapshaveyoujustcrawledfromarock

Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:14 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
Sven wrote:No deal in place for Cardiff City's Kenneth Zohore to join Brighton as striker prepares for Wolves clash

Thought Hull made no advances for Zohore Chris ??

Steve, that was a direct quote from one of the papers and was in relation to a supposed Brighton bid. I'm told Hull made a tentative approach but no actual bid. Seems they (Hull) are using that to appease their fans after an indifferent start to the season :ayatollah: