Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW " EXCITING CITY GAME/END TO END & CITY DESERVEDLY

Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:57 pm

MY VIEW/OPINION

THIS WAS AN END TO END GAME, A SCRAPY GAME, BUT CARDIFF DESERVED THE AWAY WIN & STAY TOP OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP :ayatollah: :bluebird:

First-half was even stevens with both clubs attacking each other,but City with the best chance, Bamba heading the ball at the crossbar. Wolves finished the first-half the stronger.

WOLVES 1 CARDIFF CITY 2
Ralls 54min
Mendez Laing 67mins
Crowd 27,000
Away Support 1,470 Cardiff Fans :bluebird:

Neil Etheridge Lee Peltier Sean Morrison Sol Bamba Jazz Richards Joe Ralls Aron Gunnarsson Loic Damour Junior Hoilett Nathaniel Mendez-Laing Kenneth Zohore

Subs Brian Murphy Bruno Manga Greg Halford Matthew Kennedy Lee Tomlin Danny Ward Omar Bogle

City made two changes Lee Peltier and Damour returning, with Manga and Tomlin making way. New signing Omar Bogle was on the bench.

Both teams attacked each other for the first 20mins,with city getting the best chance when Bamba from a corner, headed the ball at the crossbar.

Wolves had quite a few shots,but mostly wide.

Summing up the first 45 mins, both clubs were even stevens, but as the away team City slightly shaded it and were holding their own. :bluebird: :bluebird:

Both Ralls,Lee Peltier and Hoilett received yellow cards in the first-half.

Wolves finished the first-half the stronger.

H/T Wolves 0 Cardiff City 0

Wolves started the second-half attacking straight at City.

City took the early pressure then in the 54th min Junior Hoilett to Joe Ralls and bang 0-1 City :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Zohore had two good chances and both saved.

Wolves then came back and in the 67th min made it 1-1 :oops:

It then became end to end.

And then 77th min up popped freebie Mendez Laing and scored from a shot 1-2 :ayatollah: :bluebird:

The game continued to be exciting and end to end.

F/T Wolves 1 Cardiff City 2 :thumbright:

My man of the match Mendez Laing :thumbright: :ayatollah:

UP NEXT BURTON HOME THIS TUESDAY NIGHT 2ND RD OF CUP.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW " EXCITING CITY GAME/END TO END & CITY DESERVEDL

Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:02 pm

For the most part I thought we played the off the park. Excellent performance.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:02 pm

C'mon bluebirds what a result Nathaniel Mendez Laing thank you Rochdale and to Wolves fans Shhhhhhhh big big result on to the next very happy with 3 points from this one :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :occasion5:

Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:07 pm

Match stats.

Apart from possession. Easy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:11 pm

Brilliant result and what a start to the season.

Villa home and Wolves away huge tests and passed them with flying colours.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:16 pm

20k plus against QPR anyone???

Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:16 pm

Thought we dominated both halves.

Excluding the last 10 minutes of the first half we dominated it. We had the better chances, made most of the possession we had and simple deserved to have won by more than what we did.

Of course take into account the last time Zohore scored. Yes it was a last minute 3 pointer winner but he has not scored since then. Soon he will start putting them away with ease because that is what a striker like him does.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:23 pm

That sends a message no fluke in beating wolves away brilliant again from city chuffed.
Still top the cup is a distraction now must give other players a chance now hopefully no injuries.
We still have players to come back and a new signing on the bench today.
Also players turning down higher wages to stay at city loyalty is a rare thing these days in football it says it all players want to be at city and it shows on the pitch .
Great all round . :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:35 pm

Ninianparkspecial wrote:For the most part I thought we played the off the park. Excellent performance.

Wolves had quite a few chances themselves and more possession, but I felt as the Away team we deserved it and had the better chances :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:37 pm

Mendez-Laing is in red hot form :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:48 pm

Excellent win they will make people sit up!

QPR next week be a hard game as every match is however come out with the right attitude and we should be alright before going into the dreaded break.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:55 pm

:ayatollah:

Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:00 pm

Superb Result!!,Get in there! Keep this momentum going, BLUEBIRDS bluebirds bluebirds bluebirds!

Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:26 pm

:bluebird:

Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:34 pm

Theres something very special about this team at the moment.Finally playing for the full 90 mins,constant threat going forward,Defensively solid ,no sitting back. Brilliant stuff

Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:50 pm

What a game :bluescarf:

Playing today with a flat back four I thought Morrison and Bamba controlled it well.

I also like the fact Warnock has developed different styles for different games.

Seeing Dave Jones half time made me smile as I always liked the Dave Jones days as we somehow did alright even though the game plan was hit it long to Boythrod, tap down to Chopra to finish. Now theres two players who achieved nothing after City!

Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Ninianparkspecial wrote:For the most part I thought we played the off the park. Excellent performance.

Wolves had quite a few chances themselves and more possession, but I felt as the Away team we deserved it and had the better chances :ayatollah:

just got home. did you go ? cos i didnt see them. flukey goal for them when we was way on top. unsure where u get the wolves came at us after half time either. we ruined them 2nd half. was better team for 1st 20 mins then wolves took over. id say wolves probably edged 1st half. but 2nd half we was amazing and deserved the 3 points. won ever battle.
Arron Gunnerson man of the match for me. was outstanding

Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:49 am

Crowd 27,000

Incl 1,470 Cardiff fans

It leaves Cardiff City top of the table with four wins from four - a record that even seasoned managerial veteran Neil Warnock has never achieved. :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:08 am

cardiffblue74 wrote:What a game :bluescarf:

Playing today with a flat back four I thought Morrison and Bamba controlled it well.

I also like the fact Warnock has developed different styles for different games.

Seeing Dave Jones half time made me smile as I always liked the Dave Jones days as we somehow did alright even though the game plan was hit it long to Boythrod, tap down to Chopra to finish. Now theres two players who achieved nothing after City!

Agree :thumbup:

Voted Bamba as my MotM on the bus but thought Morrison was outstanding too!

I did feel our midfield lost itself a little after their goal but a concerted effort from all (Zohore looked out on his feet by the end) showed why we will be a force to be reckoned with over the season

Expect a lot of changes for the Burton game on Tuesday and I can accept that after the performance today. 100% effort from the team and just reward

Was nice to see Dave Jones at the game after he was IMHO the manager who set us on our way in recent years. No idea what he was saying but he wasn't lost his dryness and/or pan face! LOL :laughing6:

Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:16 am

Couldn't go today -family doo.

Feedback seems lime Tuesday-
Fight, skill and structure.

Hope a few more come to QPR

They really are a pleasure to watch