Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Better than the promotion winning squad?

Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:00 am

I know it's early days still but in my opinion, I think our current squad is better than the one we had that won promotion.

Solid at the back,gritty in midfield, and for the first time in ages, genuine pace and strength up front.

Also, an extremely experienced manager who knows the division inside out and a team playing in our traditional colours! :thumbup:

I think that many of the opposition teams are also stronger than that year however so it won't be easy that's for sure but really we could not have dreamt of a better start - long may it continue!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Better than the promotion winning squad?

Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:15 am

davids wrote:I know it's early days still but in my opinion, I think our current squad is better than the one we had that won promotion.

Solid at the back,gritty in midfield, and for the first time in ages, genuine pace and strength up front.

Also, an extremely experienced manager who knows the division inside out and a team playing in our traditional colours! :thumbup:

I think that many of the opposition teams are also stronger than that year however so it won't be easy that's for sure but really we could not have dreamt of a better start - long may it continue!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Real test of any squad is how they react after a few defeats so that will be interesting,have to agree that championship seems to be tougher than when we last won promotion,but maybe it looks that way because of the inflated fees paid for players in today's market,but it's looking good...for know anyway. Cardiff City the knew invincibles,at least for the month of August anyway, here's hoping ayatollah: