Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WARNOCK v DAVE JONES...............

Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:27 am

Just starting to get my City mojo back. We all know it has been tough and after 50 years, home and away, I could barely be arsed over the last couple of seasons. The club disconnected me. And fans (and we were fan...atical) were reduced to customers. And mot treated very well. Our opinions did not matter. Our manager told any of us who expressed an opinion "have you played professional football? What do you know?"

So take that mental picture of Dave Jones' glum, miserable face......even when we had won.

And compare it to this... download/file.php?id=33286 (Warnock, yesterday....see the images thread if link doesn't work).

NW gets it! He understands the supporters. He knows we want honesty and inclusion.

And I am now back in!! Nice one, Neil.

Re: WARNOCK v DAVE JONES...............

Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:14 am

City in Cwmbran wrote:Just starting to get my City mojo back. We all know it has been tough and after 50 years, home and away, I could barely be arsed over the last couple of seasons. The club disconnected me. And fans (and we were fan...atical) were reduced to customers. And mot treated very well. Our opinions did not matter. Our manager told any of us who expressed an opinion "have you played professional football? What do you know?"

So take that mental picture of Dave Jones' glum, miserable face......even when we had won.

And compare it to this... download/file.php?id=33286 (Warnock, yesterday....see the images thread if link doesn't work).

NW gets it! He understands the supporters. He knows we want honesty and inclusion.

And I am now back in!! Nice one, Neil.

No comparison. On tactical nous alone Dave's not at the same ball park, apart from anything else. We've never had a manager like Warnock bar none.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:13 am

Yeah you got to love warnock what he has done for the club and fans on and off the pitch is miraculous, not going to have a pop at Jones tho as this is the first time since the Jones days that I'm actually enjoying watching us play

Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:46 am

Dave Jones was interviewed on the pitch at half time yesterday and spoke very well I thought, saying that both teams meant a lot to him.

Some major differences between a Jones team and a Warnock team however. With Jones, we very rarely came back to win after going behind and always struggled to hold a lead, especially away from home, when we were being put under pressure at the end of a game.

Jones was rarely able to change a game from the bench, and was absolutely rigid in his 4-4-2 system whereas Warnock has already shown that he is willing to change things around to suit the circumstances.

And Warnock treats our fans with far more respect that Dave Jones ever did. :thumbup:

Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:51 am

NEIL WARNOCK to Arrigant Dave Jones, it's like comparing a Rolls Royce and a banger without an Mot :thumbright: :ayatollah: