Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If we go up what is the model we should follow

Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:50 am

Cant repeat our last stay in prem.

Re: If we go up what is the model we should follow

Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:26 pm

The model should be exactly what we are doing this season. Defend well and break fast then take any chances created. Of course we need the right players to do this but if we can hold onto most of our emerging stars we could give it a good shot.

That said we need to get promoted first. I remember the start to the 2006 season where we looked unbeatable but eventually faded when injuries and suspensions kicked in. Our squad looks much better and deeper this time but still there is a long way to go.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:29 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:The model should be exactly what we are doing this season. Defend well and break fast then take any chances created. Of course we need the right players to do this but if we can hold onto most of our emerging stars we could give it a good shot.

That said we need to get promoted first. I remember the start to the 2006 season where we looked unbeatable but eventually faded when injuries and suspensions kicked in. Our squad looks much better and deeper this time but still there is a long way to go.

I agree let's not get too carried away. As good as the start has been we have a difficult September coming up and an international break that we don't need as a team/club at this time as it could halt our momentum

Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:41 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:The model should be exactly what we are doing this season. Defend well and break fast then take any chances created. Of course we need the right players to do this but if we can hold onto most of our emerging stars we could give it a good shot.

Different situation.

We have a deeper squad plus a manager that know how to change it when we will hit the inevitable hiccup.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:59 pm

blue lagoon wrote:Cant repeat our last stay in prem.

Woooow, remember we invented "doing a Cardiff !!!!"

Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:04 pm

Anything but Malky's anti football.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:22 pm

Let's get there first, before worrying about that.

See where we are in November and we'll have a better idea of how the season's going.

A good start but we need to not get carried away.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:29 pm

City Slicker wrote:Anything but Malky's anti football.

I agree.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:38 pm

Yeah guys, lets not get ahead of ourselves!!!!

Top 10 first year, then top 6.
I don't think we could accommodate any
European football in our 2nd year!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :laughing6: