Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SKY SPORTS: SWANSEA BID TO SIGN SAM CLUCAS ACCEPTED £15MILL

Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:29 pm

Swansea close in on Sam Clucas signing from Hull
Sky Sports News

Hull have confirmed that they have accepted a bid from Swansea for midfielder Sam Clucas.

Clucas impressed at Hull last season despite the Tigers' relegation from the Premier League and he sat out Saturday's 2-1 defeat at QPR, amidst rumoured interest from a top flight club.

Swansea now look set to land the 26-year-old, having sold Gylfi Sigurdsson to Everton for £45m last week.

Sky Sports understand the fee could rise to £16.5m and Swansea hope to complete the deal in the next 48 hours.

Hull have been preparing for the departure of Clucas and manager Leonid Slutsky said after Saturday's game: "I think he is going to another club.

"I don't know absolutely, but I think yes. I don't know [which club] but it's Premier League.

"I think there will be official information, it's his decision. I only listen to information - I don't take part in negotiations. I think a deal will be in some days."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: SKY SPORTS: SWANSEA BID TO SIGN SAMCLUCAS ACCEPTED

Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:39 pm

I remember when we were after him swansea fans were saying hes shit :lol:

Re: SKY SPORTS: SWANSEA BID TO SIGN SAMCLUCAS ACCEPTED

Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:59 pm

wez1927 wrote:I remember when we were after him swansea fans were saying hes shit :lol:

For once i think they're right! ;) :thumbright: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: SKY SPORTS: SWANSEA BID TO SIGN SAM CLUCAS ACCEPTED

Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:40 pm

decent signing

for next season

:lol:

Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:47 pm

should of held out for £20m

Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:54 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:decent signing

for next season

:lol:

Agree - he will find his level back in the Championship.
I was cpmpletely nonplussed when we were supposed to have been interested in signing him and I'm amazed the jerks have gone for him. What a downgrade from Sigurdsson even if you throw in Bony and a n other!

Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:19 pm

Swansea have £15m bid accepted for Hull midfielder Sam Clucas following club-record sale of Gylfi Sigurdsson

Re: SKY SPORTS: SWANSEA BID TO SIGN SAM CLUCAS ACCEPTED £15M

Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:37 pm

Swansea are a laughing stock over this transfer.I know for a fact that they heavily scouted him 4 years ago when he was playing for Hereford United but Hugh Jenkins baulked at the asking price which was a paltry £20,000.Well done Hugh Jenkins I say,keep up the good work!! :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:37 pm

Not good enough for the prem and way overpriced 17 mil with add ons.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:08 pm

They are talking of bringing in 3 or 4 players but its quality not quantity that counts! :laughing6:

Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:01 pm

£15 million :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Jacks really have lost the plot...will make absolutly no impact whatsoever

They are on the way down

Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:31 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:£15 million :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Jacks really have lost the plot...will make absolutly no impact whatsoever

They are on the way down

The only thing that makes me a little hesitant is that there are a couple of teams that are potentially worse than them, i.e. Newcastle, West Ham, Palace and (potentially at this rate) Bournemouth who could save their backsides the same as the bottom three did last season! :(

The positive side is at least their perpetual trolls are giving us a rest at the minute! :occasion5: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:58 pm

Newcastle and Brighton are looking awful the jacks will stay up I think.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:26 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:Newcastle and Brighton are looking awful the jacks will stay up I think.

Newcastle will buy big in January if they need too..Agree Brighton are awful and will probably go down ..Jacks are poor and will be in bottom 3

Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:52 pm

WTF has this guy done, to warrant that pricetag. Nice to see the Scum get mugged, mind. :laughing6:

Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:55 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:Newcastle and Brighton are looking awful the jacks will stay up I think.

Newcastle will buy big in January if they need too..Agree Brighton are awful and will probably go down ..Jacks are poor and will be in bottom 3

Hopefully mate but I do think they might have abit more than 3 teams.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:27 pm

Jesus, sigardsons replacement ????

Well over priced, poor signing and not what they need, so great signing :thumbup:

Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:50 am

Decent signing and no doubt more to come. They will do ok against the bottom half teams and won't go down.