Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rochdale fan in peace

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:37 am

Just wondering can we have Mendez-Laing back? Great to see he's doing well he was a brilliant player for us too good for league one.

Re: Rochdale fan in peace

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:40 am

:lol: got £10m spare mate?

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:42 am

Streety1996 wrote:Just wondering can we have Mendez-Laing back? Great to see he's doing well he was a brilliant player for us too good for league one.

How the hell did you manage to keep him under the radar for so long?

There's always a bigger fish wanting to spirit away your best players.

If he keeps this up for a season, we'll do well to hold on to him too!

Best of luck fella.

Haha don't think we have spare 100k :lol:

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:44 am

Sorry mate.
He's doing really well here, beyond all expectations.
Apart from the goals and his obvious pace he also puts in s shift defensively too. Warnock likened him to a wingback on Saturday.
Are there any chunks to his armour , any thing we should be wary of?

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:46 am

City Slicker wrote:
Streety1996 wrote:Just wondering can we have Mendez-Laing back? Great to see he's doing well he was a brilliant player for us too good for league one.

He couldn't get in our side until Christmas when he came from Peterborough he was unfit but seemed last season he got his fitness back on track and his performances followed.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:47 am

Hi Streety,
He's certainly hit the ground running with us.
Long may it continue.
In all fairness I can't remember a time we have played so well consistently and he really has added something a little bit special to this team.
Have you got any more hidden gems that we can take advantage of? haha
Hope you have a decent season.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:48 am

Streety1996 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

He couldn't get in our side until Christmas when he came from Peterborough he was unfit but seemed last season he got his fitness back on track and his performances followed.

Well mate I can't thank you lot enough for letting us have him, so much so I'll be rooting for Rochdale to do well this season. I hope you enjoy yourselves :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:49 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Sorry mate.
He's doing really well here, beyond all expectations.
Apart from the goals and his obvious pace he also puts in s shift defensively too. Warnock likened him to a wingback on Saturday.
Are there any chunks to his armour , any thing we should be wary of?

Inconsistency at times (seems to have fixed that 5 in 5!) for Dale he would sometimes go missing in games and his head can drop if it's not going his way.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:52 am

Jes wrote:Hi Streety,
He's certainly hit the ground running with us.
Long may it continue.
In all fairness I can't remember a time we have played so well consistently and he really has added something a little bit special to this team.
Have you got any more hidden gems that we can take advantage of? haha
Hope you have a decent season.

Cheers, Jamie Allen and Callum Camps probably our two little gems both youth team products (Allen's made 150 apps and he's only 21) thinking mid table for us or lower if we don't sort this defence out!

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:58 am

Never know could meet in the 3rd round of the cup ;) but we have to beat Stoke tomorrow night

Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:01 am

Thank you Rochdale!!

If NML does drop his head we have Kadeem Harris and Danny Ward waiting to pounce :bluescarf:

Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:04 am

Streety1996 wrote:Never know could meet in the 3rd round of the cup ;) but we have to beat Stoke tomorrow night

I hope we don't meet.
We are hoping for a Big prem team at home if we get through but good luck against Stoke. That will be a big ask of your guys but I shall be looking out for the results coming in and hoping you get through.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:04 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Thank you Rochdale!!

If NML does drop his head we have Kadeem Harris and Danny Ward waiting to pounce :bluescarf:

tbf I couldn't think of a better manager for him to work with

Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:28 am

Jes wrote:
Streety1996 wrote:Never know could meet in the 3rd round of the cup ;) but we have to beat Stoke tomorrow night

I hope we don't meet.
We are hoping for a Big prem team at home if we get through but good luck against Stoke. That will be a big ask of your guys but I shall be looking out for the results coming in and hoping you get through.

Fair enough I Miss the chant
Oh Mendez-Laing oh he is so wonderful,
When he scores a goal,
Oh it's beautiful, magical,
When he runs down the wing, he's as fast as lightning,
It's frightening,
And he makes the Dale sing,
Dada da dadada etc

Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:37 am

Streety1996 wrote:
Jes wrote:

I hope we don't meet.

When he scores a goal,
It's frightening,
Dada da dadada etc

whats that to the tune of

Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:45 am

Cymru Am Byth wrote:
Streety1996 wrote:
Jes wrote:

I hope we don't meet.

When he scores a goal,
It's frightening,
Dada da dadada etc

think we nicked it off Celtic about Sinclair (sorry only example i could find of this being sung)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zNJWnFZjEk

Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:56 am

Streety1996 wrote:
Cymru Am Byth wrote:
Streety1996 wrote:
Jes wrote:

I hope we don't meet.

When he scores a goal,
It's frightening,
Dada da dadada etc

think we nicked it off Celtic about Sinclair (sorry only example i could find of this being sung)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zNJWnFZjEk

Don't worry NML is better than Sinclair.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:38 pm

Best pie & chips I've ever had at Rochdale,Fish shop right by the ground. Good few years ago mind.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:36 pm

Rochdale beating Stoke would be extremely popular on this board :D :thumbup:

Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:12 pm

Cymru Am Byth wrote:
Streety1996 wrote:
Jes wrote:

I hope we don't meet.

When he scores a goal,
It's frightening,
Dada da dadada etc

The tune is taken from The Logical Song by Supertramp.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:02 pm

I remember seeing Rochdale play Darlington at Spotland when the City's game against Bolton Wanderers was called off, I think it was in the mid to late 70's.

Yeah, thanks for NML ... he's everything we could have hoped for and more! :occasion5:

Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:13 pm

I think that game was Workington and they went out of the league that year.They won 3-0 i think and all come over to the Cardiff fans at the end as if they won the f.a. cup.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:41 pm

x grangetown wrote:I think that game was Workington and they went out of the league that year.They won 3-0 i think and all come over to the Cardiff fans at the end as if they won the f.a. cup.

My memory has let me down - yes, I think it was Workington, :old:

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:07 pm

Welcome ;)