Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My Opinion on " Cardiff City's Squad 2017-18 "

Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:05 pm

My opinion on the squad : Cardiff City 2017-18 :bluebird:

Ideally our squad should be 25 players.

More will create restless players and increase the wage bill .

Less is not enough cover.

We have excellent cover for every position, but I worry slightly about the box to box mid-field player to cover for Damour.

Today including Coxe we have 32 players.

If we add the MF as I say then we will have 33. So 8 players must be dealt with.

If you agree with my assessment then we have 3 categories.

(1) To go Permanently : Noone + Okeefe+ John + Gounongbe

(2) To go on loan : Meite + Healey + Coxe

(3) choose any one from Pilkington or Connoley or Kennedy.

Personally I will let Pilkington go as he is on high wages & we have quite a few ahead of him (Ward, Tomlin , K.Harris). Kennedy may have a future and Connolly can cover the C1/2 position.

Opinions :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: My Opinion on " Cardiff City's Squad 2017-18 "

Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:07 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144783 :thumbright: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:11 pm

For me Noone, Pilkington, Okeefe, John, Gounongbe all need to go.

Another defensive midfielder would be my choice with a good engine, maybe another left footed back at a push but then I think one of Connolly/Jazz would have to go knowing Patterson would be coming back.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:04 pm

2blue2handle wrote:For me Noone, Pilkington, Okeefe, John, Gounongbe all need to go.

Another defensive midfielder would be my choice with a good engine, maybe another left footed back at a push but then I think one of Connolly/Jazz would have to go knowing Patterson would be coming back.

I would agree with you the 5 to go but would keep both Connolly and Jazz as it's a long hard season and they can fill different positions.

Coupled with that 5 I would loan out Meite, Mark Harris, Coxe and any other budding youngster to get the experience needed at another club which would be invaluable at their stage.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:43 pm

Well he ain't going to get rid of Jazz that's for sure.