Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: CARDIFF TONIGHT VIRTUALLY DID NOT SHOW UP AND

Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:37 pm

MY VIEW/OPINION

CARDIFF TONIGHT VIRTUALLY DID NOT SHOW UP AND DESERVEDLY WENT OUT OF THE CUP.

Carabao Cup Second Round

Warnock made 10 changes from City's win on Saturday.

Is tonights result the end of the world, NO, as long as City continue well in the Championship thats what really matters :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Even in the second-half City were all over the place and only played well for the last 15mins.

City went in at half-time 0-1 down and deservedly so.

Warnock was ranting and raving at the officials who were given every 50-50 call Burton’s way, but I also felt the team needed to offer more in the first-half.

Tomlin,Bogle & Ward started tonight as Neil Warnock made 10 changes to the team that won away at wolves on Saturday.

CARDIFF CITY 1 BURTON ALBION 2 :o
Crowd
Away Support 38 Burton fans

Cardiff City: Brian Murphy Cameron Coxe Bruno Manga Matthew ConnollyJazz Richards Stuart O'Keefe Greg Halford Matthew Kennedy Lee Tomlin Danny Ward Omar Bogle

Subs Neil Etheridge Lee Peltier Loic Damour Mark Harris Anthony Pilkington, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing,Ibrahim Meite.

Cardiff City went in to this Carabao Cup 2nd rd game with five consecutive League & cup victories behind them.

Cardiff City dominated for the first 25mins,with Burton standing strong at the back.

Then bang in the 26th min Burtons Tom Naylor drove into the box from the right and fired it into the back of the net 0-1 :o

Warnock was ranting and raving at the officials who were given every 50-50 call Burton’s way, but I also felt the team needed to offer more in the first-half.

Burton were playing some nice stuff at times, one-touch and pulling the Cardiff defenders here and there, Warnocks will have been having some tough words at half-time with them.

Cameron Coxe received a yellow card

H/T CARDIFF CITY 0 BURTON ALBION 1 :cry:

Omar Bogle was switched to left wing for the second half, with Danny Ward down the middle.

City still struggled and in the 70th Fox for burton headed at close range. (0-2) :o :o

City though suddenly came alive and two mins later GOAL!!! Lee Tomlin a free kick and Pilkington with the final touch. (1-2) :thumbright:

Then the big gun came on. Mendez-Laing replaced Kennedy.

It was all Cardiff City now.

Danny Ward went wide, City attacked and attacked.

Even with 5 mins of injury time it was to late for City.

For me though it was all to late.

F/T CARDIFF CITY 1 BURTON ALBION 2 :cry: :cry:

UP NEXT CARDIFF CITY V QPR HOME THIS SATURDAY 3PM :thumbright: :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW/OPINION CARDIFF TONIGHT VIRTUALLY DID NOT SHOW

Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:40 pm

Never good to lose, but...

Neil will remind the players they are not super human. And the lesson is learnt at the cost of losing no league points!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW/OPINION CARDIFF TONIGHT VIRTUALLY DID NOT SHOW

Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:41 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:Never good to lose, but...

Neil will remind the players they are not super human. And the lesson is learnt at the cost of losing no league points!

I personally look to win every game, but the Championship is what matters most :thumbright: :thumbright:

Re: MY VIEW: CARDIFF TONIGHT VIRTUALLY DID NOT SHOW UP AND

Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:46 pm

Some people will say that it's good to focus on the league and they didn't care about this competiton, but I don't remember them saying that back in 2011/12.

Disappointing to lose this game, hopefully we can bounce back at the weekend.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:49 pm

We made 10 changes tonight always dissapointed to lose lets jus concentrate on the league we will bounce back saturday with the regular first 11 :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:52 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Some people will say that it's good to focus on the league and they didn't care about this competiton, but I don't remember them saying that back in 2011/12.

I am with you 100% on this Ned :thumbright: :thumbright:

But Warnock is the boss and tonights down to him, just like our great 5 victories.

It can also make more pressure on City to do well in the Championship.

Tonight will be totally forgotten if we get promotion :thumbright: :thumbright:

Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:53 pm

ccfc_4_life wrote:We made 10 changes tonight always dissapointed to lose lets jus concentrate on the league we will bounce back saturday with the regular first 11 :bluebird: :ayatollah:

We got what we deserved tonight and we can only blame ourselves.

On to QPR game now :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Some people will say that it's good to focus on the league and they didn't care about this competiton, but I don't remember them saying that back in 2011/12.

I am with you 100% on this Ned :thumbright: :thumbright:

But Warnock is the boss and tonights down to him, just like our great 5 victories.

It can also make more pressure on City to do well in the Championship.

Tonight will be totally forgotten if we get promotion :thumbright: :thumbright:

:thumbright:

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:04 pm

Yes but if we'd lost to Huddersfield or Oxford United no-one would've given a shit. It's only when you get to the fourth round/quarter finals teams actually start caring. Yeah i understand you have to be in it to win it but the way I see it, a cup run is more games where our players can get injured

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:06 pm

Spot On .

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:27 pm

Stupid competition anyways.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:28 pm

Reply from Twitter

@JonnyBywater

Is the squad good enough for a promotion push? Majority on show tonight were dreadful in my opinion.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:32 pm

I was there and agree with you.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:38 pm

Very disappointed could of played first team players hopefully achieved a few goals then changed to the fringe players - and give them a free run - on Wards and upwards in league

Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:05 pm

but we did put very weak sides out in the early rounds in 2011/12.
and again the following year when we went out in round1

Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:23 pm

Disappointed by the result. Team went missing in the first half. Passes going astray. No one protecting the back four and leaving huge gaps for Burton to run into.

We did look better when our subs came on.

The highlight for me was coxe at right back thought he had a good game.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:47 am

Jonsey Jones wrote:Disappointed by the result. Team went missing in the first half. Passes going astray. No one protecting the back four and leaving huge gaps for Burton to run into.

We did look better when our subs came on.

The highlight for me was coxe at right back thought he had a good game.

I agree it was O'Keefe and Halford who were hopeless in shielding the back four which was the route of our problem. Also they also spent too much time sending pointless long balls forward which went nowhere near our forward players.

That said there were others who also didn't cover themselves in glory, Cameron Coxe had a particularly difficult game and was skinned time and again in the second half. Tomlin was probably our best player but even he missed a couple of golden edged chances.